DB Bench Press: Neutral or Pronated

When doing dumbbell bench presses should I use a neutral or pronated grip?

If one grip is painful for you, use the other.

If neither is painful, use both and see which one works best for you.

I’m in the camp of using whatever grip or stance that allows you to safely use the most weight possible on any given lift. Use other grips or stances as change of pace.

I kind of use an EZ grip, if you know what I mean. It’s like if you were doing reverse curls with an EZ-Curl bar. Just keep your wrists halfway btw neutral and pronated. It’s very comfortable and seems to ‘grab’ a lot more muscle fibers in the chest. For me at least. Try it.

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:

I’m in the camp of using whatever grip or stance that allows you to safely use the most weight possible on any given lift.[/quote]

Good answer. I tend to use a grip as if I was using a barbell. I see many people supinating as they press the weight up and I feel that is a great way to get injured once you really start going heavier. Under 100lbs and that may not be much of an issue.

I prefer neutral and going to pronated did that for 4-5 months, switching back and forth now tho. Yah my brain likes to block out the concept of supinating at the end… I can see injury coming.