Day 1 Starting Strength Form Checks

Hey guys,

My first day of starting strength today, put a little video together for some form checks, I’m 183cm and around 85kg.

The squat and deadlift videos are of my final working sets. My OHP video is lighter than I ended up at due to poor cam placement on working sets.

Apologies for the horrible music!

[quote]Whey2big wrote:
Hey guys,

My first day of starting strength today, put a little video together for some form checks, I’m 183cm and around 85kg.

The squat and deadlift videos are of my final working sets. My OHP video is lighter than I ended up at due to poor cam placement on working sets.

Apologies for the horrible music!

Can’t see it for some reason.

https://www.you.tube.com/watch?v=h3Jy4oBLV2s

That’s the link for it on YT. Just take the . Out between you and tube

The problem is not with T Nation, the link embedded fine. It’s with YouTube, your video shows up as “unavailable”

[quote]tsantos wrote:
The problem is not with tnation, the link embedded fine. It’s with YouTube, your video shows up as “unavailable”[/quote]

Turns out it was copyright issues, sorting out now

All looks good but personally I’d rather have a bit more bar speed in your first session. Especially your squat.

Give yourself a running start at this thing. I’d knock off enough weight to give 1-2 weeks to get to the lifts you did today.

[quote]Whey2big wrote:

[quote]tsantos wrote:
The problem is not with tnation, the link embedded fine. It’s with YouTube, your video shows up as “unavailable”[/quote]

Turns out it was copyright issues, sorting out now[/quote]

That looks pretty ok.

Try pulling the elbows tighter into your sides and pushing your head hard back inyonyhr bar.

Deadlift looks ok. Maybe raise your hips a fraction but even that might not be necessary. As long as you can stay tight and get good leg drive off the floor you’re good.

[quote]MarkKO wrote:

[quote]Whey2big wrote:

[quote]tsantos wrote:

That looks pretty ok.

Try pulling the elbows tighter into your sides and pushing your head hard back inyonyhr bar.

Deadlift looks ok. Maybe raise your hips a fraction but even that might not be necessary. As long as you can stay tight and get good leg drive off the floor you’re good. [/quote]

Elbows tighter and pushing head back on the squat?

[quote]Whey2big wrote:

[quote]MarkKO wrote:

[quote]Whey2big wrote:

[quote]tsantos wrote:

That looks pretty ok.

Deadlift looks ok. Maybe raise your hips a fraction but even that might not be necessary. As long as you can stay tight and get good leg drive off the floor you’re good. [/quote]

Elbows tighter and pushing head back on the squat?
[/quote]

Pull your elbows into your sides, it’ll tighten your upper back. Drive the head horizontally into the bar, which will push your chest up.