Dawson VS Ward

anybody catch this championship super middle weight fight?

first rd dawson was doing good thought ward would lose badly.

ward manhandles a bigger guy and kicks his ass, dawson sure took a beating.

ward was really impressive considering he fought a much bigger fighter who’s no

slouch himself. i like ward alot, still undefeated, and he’s going to do more.

he came back from a broken hand that put him out 9 months and didnt look like he

ever stoped fighting, really impressive win over dawson.

i like dawson as well good a fighter who fights well, just not tonight.

Fuck me boxing must really be dieing, I didn’t even know this was happening. Sounds like a fantastic match up.

it’s worth watching, HBO usually repeats…

[quote]bartonmlee wrote:
it’s worth watching, HBO usually repeats…[/quote]

Just saw the highlights from the last few rounds…

I’ve gotta say, Ward is REALLY like Hopkins it’s uncanny. He’s a faster, younger, and of course, less dirty version of Hopkins.

I think Irish pegged it when he said this guy is going to remain unbeaten for a long ass time, between him and his trainer there’s too much knowledge of the game and he plays it perfectly. Not the most aesthetic fighter for casual crowds, but anyone who follows boxing can see he knows what to do down to a T.

The punch and clutch tactics are exactly like Hopkins, throw a combination, finish the combination with your chin tucked in tight and head crashing forward into their chest, forcing the opponent to initiate a clinch or shove you off, there’s very little target to counter him and Dawson isn’t at all a good inside fighter.

yeh that’s true and needs to work on it more. like i said a really good fight and had not seen a boxing fight
in a while. both names i knew off hand, more so of dawson.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

I think Irish pegged it when he said this guy is going to remain unbeaten for a long ass time, between him and his trainer there’s too much knowledge [/quote]

Pretty interesting listen in between rounds. Wards trainer would tell him " use feints… in the clinch uppercut…he’s doing this…when he…blahblah… Dawsons trainer screamed stuff like come on stay in there, fight, he’s going to attack you. The difference was almost comical

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

I think Irish pegged it when he said this guy is going to remain unbeaten for a long ass time, between him and his trainer there’s too much knowledge [/quote]

Pretty interesting listen in between rounds. Wards trainer would tell him " use feints… in the clinch uppercut…he’s doing this…when he…blahblah… Dawsons trainer screamed stuff like come on stay in there, fight, he’s going to attack you. The difference was almost comical[/quote]

Yeah I’m surprised at this level of the sport, there are still so many guys who have trainers/corners that get overly emotional and dish out bad/vague advice by the handful.