DaWarrior's Training Logs

Hi peeps, I’m new to this forum.

I have been off the gym for a year now. Before that, I have already been training for 2 years. Right now I’ve stored alot of fat in my body that I want to shed off especially the love handles. I just joined a gym again and have been doing this program for almost a week now. My goals are to become lean and firm but not lose muscle mass since I need to get back to fighting form. I also really want to have those 6-pack abs!

I’m not really strict on my diet since I’m working and can’t cook all the time but I avoid fats, red meats, and unnecessary carbs. I eat fried food once and awhile but I take alot of fruits like bananas and apples, milk and take a multivitamin. I do cardio under HIIT for 3 times a week, ab work every other day. I stand 5’6, weight 160 lbs. I have 20%-22% body fat that I need to lose. My target weight is 140-145 lbs.

I hope the experts here could give some feedback and advice. Here is my program:

DAY 1
Chest:
Incline Dumbell Press - 2 x 15
Seated Pec Dec Flye - 2 x 15
rest 60 secs.

Shoulder:
Dumbell Lateral Raise - 2 x 15
Reverse Pec Dec Fly - 2 x 15
rest 60 secs.

Back:
Lat Pulldown - 2 x 15
Seated Row - 2 x 15
rest 60 secs.

DAY 2
Superset 1:
Dumbell Bicep Curl - 3 x 15
Dumbell Tricep Kickback - 3 x 15
rest 60 secs.

Superset 2:
Rope Tricep Pulldown - 3 x 15
Rope Hammer Curl - 3 x 15
rest 60 secs.

DAY 3
Legs:
Hack Squat - 3 x 10
Leg Extension - 3 x 10
Prone Hamstring Curl - 3 x 10
rest 60 secs.

well fruit and milk are carbs thats what you want to stay away from not fat and red meat…

your not lifting verry much up the volume a bit to burn more calories or do cardio

But Im not a expert.

In between weight training days, I squeeze in my cardio. So basically I do weight training 3x/week, cardio 3x/week, rest 1x/week.

These are my logs so far on the treadmill. I’m currently on my 2nd day week 2. When I go to the gym later, I’ll try to up my intervals from 5 to 8.

WEEK 1
SPEED(km/h)
TOTAL 8 AVE

TIME(min)
8 = 1 x 8
8 = 1 x 8
TOTAL 16

DISTANCE
TOTAL 128 = 2.1km

WEEK 2
SPEED(km/h)
TOTAL 9 AVE

TIME(min)
10 = 2 x 5
8 = 1 x 5
TOTAL 15

DISTANCE
TOTAL 135 = 2.3km

I’m changing the way I eat right now. Instead of using vegetable oil for my fried food, I use olive oil or unsalted butter as a replacement. Believe me I try to minimize eating fried food as much as I can but it’s quite hard due to work and time constraints.

I’ve also realized that my program is a bit too light for me and that I could take in more sets. Starting next week which is my 3rd week of working out, I’ll try to add sets to my workout instead of having to superset since I dedicate some days for cardio anyway.

So instead of doing chest, shoulders and back in 1 day, I’ll try to split it by doing chest/triceps on day 1, back/biceps on day 2, and shoulders/legs on day 3 doing 12 sets of the bigger muscle and 8 sets of the smaller muscle.

Here is the program:
DAY 1
Chest
25 Pushups
Incline Barbell Press - 8 x 12-15
Seated Pec Dec Flye - 4 x 12-15

Triceps:
Lying Tricep Extension - 4 x 15
Rope Tricep Pulldown - 4 x 15

DAY 2
Back:
Lat Pulldown - 8 x 12-15
Seated Row - 4 x 12-15
Pullups

Biceps:
Barbell Bicep Curl - 4 x 15
Rope Hammer Curl - 4 x 15

DAY 3:
Legs:
Full Squat - 8 x 15
Hamstring Curl - 4 x 15

Shoulders:
Arnold Dumbell Press - 8 x 15
Lateral Press - 4 x 15

Cardio - 3x/week

Rest - 1 day

Just to give you an update, I’m already down to 154 pounds and I’m nearing the end of my 3rd week. Hopefully I’ll be meeting my desired weight goal in 5 weeks.

I’ve uped my cardio HIIT progression to 10 intervals doing 2 minutes of 80% my max then 1 minute walk/brisk walk.

As for my weight training goes, I’ve stuck to the 2nd program I’ve posted.

You need fat to lose fat. Make an effort and start cooking. Try T-dawg diet or the Anabolic diet. But I’m not an expert or anything.

Edit: I didn’t see that last post. NVM it seems that whatever you are doing is working for you

[quote]DaWarrior wrote:
I’m changing the way I eat right now. Instead of using vegetable oil for my fried food, I use olive oil or unsalted butter as a replacement. Believe me I try to minimize eating fried food as much as I can but it’s quite hard due to work and time constraints.
chomp[/quote]

If you heat up EVO it will be a waste of money. By heating up EVO you destroy the fun stuff in it. EVO is meant to be drizzled on your vegetables and salads or your girlfriend.

NVM

Just hit my 8th week mark!

I’m just down to 152 lbs. I wasn’t able to hit my 140 lb. target. I’ll give it another 8 weeks and hopefully meet my target now.