David Simon Interview

[quote]dhickey wrote:

That leads to robbing your fuckin house to make up for it. It absolutely begets crime, and violent ones at that.

Then focus on the real crime. Imagine all the resourses going into the war on drugs and what kind of difference they could make if they focused on these types of crimes.

[/quote]

Exactly this. I wouldn’t mind if half our prison population were drug addicts, if they were in there for violent crimes. As it is those people are in there–and wasting public money–not because they committed a violent crime, but rather because they were sitting around somewhere and smoking a weed or shooting refined plant leaves into their arm.

[quote]stokedporcupine8 wrote:
dhickey wrote:

That leads to robbing your fuckin house to make up for it. It absolutely begets crime, and violent ones at that.

Then focus on the real crime. Imagine all the resourses going into the war on drugs and what kind of difference they could make if they focused on these types of crimes.

Exactly this. I wouldn’t mind if half our prison population were drug addicts, if they were in there for violent crimes. As it is those people are in there–and wasting public money–not because they committed a violent crime, but rather because they were sitting around somewhere and smoking a weed or shooting refined plant leaves into their arm. [/quote]

But they were ruining their lives with drugs. I am sure prison is a positive life experience that will set them on the path to being an upstanding member of society. What a crock of shit.

I always lol @ the fact that alcohol is legal and pot isn’t.