David Carradine Found Dead in Bangkok Hotel

[quote]altimus wrote:
autoerotic asphyxiation[/quote]

More common than most would accept.

Bummer, I saw this earlier but I didn’t know he whacked himself

Sat next to him on a plane from LA to Chicago once. He seemed to live off of the attention he got. He liked it a lot when I recognized him. He might have had some sort of self-esteem issues.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
Wise Guy wrote:
So what if he did off himself? He was 72 and in poor health.

Easy to throw stones when your young and healthy

I used to agree with that view. Do you have friends or family who have committed suicide due to health problems? Whether you take their side or not, it’s pretty rough to deal with.[/quote]

No, I had several relatives and family members who did not have access to proper euthanasia and had to suffer horribly, through cancer and the like.

I’m a big supporter of Euthanasia

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Sat next to him on a plane from LA to Chicago once. He seemed to live off of the attention he got. He liked it a lot when I recognized him. He might have had some sort of self-esteem issues.[/quote]

STFU

Who killed Bill?

r.i.p. he was an interesting person. he seemed a tough inividual. someone said he was working on a movie. that is weird, after a long career, to commit suicide while at work.
he was also from a big family of actors…who knows what was going on with him.

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Sat next to him on a plane from LA to Chicago once. He seemed to live off of the attention he got. He liked it a lot when I recognized him. He might have had some sort of self-esteem issues.

STFU[/quote]

? Go easy man.

mike

If I could choose how I died at the age of 72 it would most definately be from some kinky ass sex act with some hot little babe.
A man could do a lot worse…

I met him and had a decent conversation with him at THe Bodhi Tree in Los Angeles maybe 5 years ago.

He seemed aloof, though. He was shocked that I had seen and perused his Shaolin Training bookin that bookstore, and our conversation was began with that. HE walked tall and his gait was strong. Physically, he seemed strong.

Either way, it sucks that the icon for Kung Fu in America (besides Bruce Lee) winds up killing himself. But, as others had pointed to…could be sex play gone bad.

Quickly as you can, snatch the pebble from my hand.

QUAI CHANG KANE, you will be missed.

I’m currently on my obligatory R&R leave back home here in Thailand… friends with the Deputy Police Commissioner… definitely looking like autoerotic asphyxiation after apparently some heavy drinking down in the hotel bar. Story, as such, released to Thai local papers for print this morning. Very sad, he was a very nice fellow; friendly and cool to everyone around him. An old colleague of mine was his PA for him during a movie shoot in Mexico.

Thai police say that American actor David
Carradine, a cult star best known for the 1970s TV series
«Kung Fu,» may have died from accidental suffocation,
after authorities found him dead in a Bangkok hotel closet
with a rope tied to his neck and genitals.
The 72-year-old actor’s body was discovered Thursday
hanging in the closet of his luxury hotel room. Police
initially said they were investigating and suspected
suicide, though one of Carradine’s managers questioned that
theory.
Police Lt. Gen. Police Lt. Gen. Worapong Chewprecha has
told reporters that Carradine was found with a rope tied
around his genitals and another rope around his neck. He
says it was unclear whether Carradine died of suicide,
suffocation or heart failure due to an orgasm.

Thats going out style. Screeching through heavens gates wang in hand with a rope tied around your balls and neck, shouting “Jesus, find me some hookers!”

RIP

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

STFU[/quote]

Issues?

[quote]sidewalkdances wrote:
Thai police say that American actor David
Carradine, a cult star best known for the 1970s TV series
�«Kung Fu,�» may have died from accidental suffocation,
after authorities found him dead in a Bangkok hotel closet
with a rope tied to his neck and genitals.
The 72-year-old actor’s body was discovered Thursday
hanging in the closet of his luxury hotel room. Police
initially said they were investigating and suspected
suicide, though one of Carradine’s managers questioned that
theory.
Police Lt. Gen. Police Lt. Gen. Worapong Chewprecha has
told reporters that Carradine was found with a rope tied
around his genitals and another rope around his neck. He
says it was unclear whether Carradine died of suicide,
suffocation or heart failure due to an orgasm.

Thats going out style. Screeching through heavens gates wang in hand with a rope tied around your balls and neck, shouting “Jesus, find me some hookers!”

RIP[/quote]

Although I wouldn’t know this guy from Bob Dole I have heard that he died naked in a clostet with a rope around both heads… wut??

That’s one-helluva orgasm…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Sat next to him on a plane from LA to Chicago once. He seemed to live off of the attention he got. He liked it a lot when I recognized him. He might have had some sort of self-esteem issues.[/quote]

Nah. He just couldn’t handle the flashbacks anymore. Remembering having to sit next to HeadHunter for hours on a plane is enough to make anyone off himself.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

R.I.P. Grasshopper.[/quote]

x2

I loved his Kung Fu series, too. My brother used to call me weedhopper, and I could NEVER grab the joint from his hand, used to piss me off like hell.

Anyway, when you can snatch the pebble, it’s time to leave.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Nah. He just couldn’t handle the flashbacks anymore. Remembering having to sit next to HeadHunter for hours on a plane is enough to make anyone off himself.

lol[/quote]

We actually talked about China. My wife and daughter (adopted from China) were in the seats in front (this was in 2002 and we were bringing her home). Mechanical trouble in LA got us on this particular flight and there was David. Neither one of us were sleepy so we chatted from 1AM until 5. We talked about, among other things, the Celestine Prophecy, and how we wound up on the same plane. He was a very nice and thoughtful gent; I’m saddened by his death.

God Bless, Dave! RIP, man. The world is poorer today.