T Nation

David Carradine Found Dead in Bangkok Hotel

Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series Kung Fu, who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed suicide.

hmmm, I definitely would have put him at more than 72.

Suicide?

Now, that is shocking to me.

R.I.P.

:open_mouth:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series Kung Fu, who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed suicide.[/quote]

sucks, I just watched kill bill a little while ago.

guess he never found inner peace.

(to soon?)

Nuts, I heard that on Howard Stern this morning.

[quote]BradyZ wrote:
Suicide?

Now, that is shocking to me.

R.I.P. [/quote]

x2

I have a hard time believing that, not that I knew the guy personally or anything.

RIP

That’s bad. The man was basically an icon of those old school kung fu movies and Tarintino just brought him into the new century. It amazes me when people like that kill themselves. I doubt he was strapped for money and he had respect for the most part.

It’s not a fact (yet) that he committed suicide. One report said he died of natural causes.

R.I.P. Grasshopper.

So what if he did off himself? He was 72 and in poor health.

Easy to throw stones when your young and healthy

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
It’s not a fact (yet) that he committed suicide. One report said he died of natural causes.

R.I.P. Grasshopper.[/quote]

Indeed RIP. Always felt a connection to him since my parents forced me to get a baldy back in 76 and my sister called me grasshopper till my hair grew back.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
…Always felt a connection to him since my parents forced me to get a baldy back in 76 and my sister called me grasshopper till my hair grew back.

D[/quote]

LOL! Not to get off-topic here, Ded, but what circumstances turned your folks against your hair?
I ask because my dad was always threatening me with crewcuts when I was a kid. If I got a C or less on my report card, my dad (who happened to be a barber part-time) would buzz my scalp. It was the late 60s and early 70s when a buzzcut was not cool in school! LOL

I found it odd that he left no note, especially when you consider that he was in Bangkok to shoot a movie…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
…Always felt a connection to him since my parents forced me to get a baldy back in 76 and my sister called me grasshopper till my hair grew back.

D

LOL! Not to get off-topic here, Ded, but what circumstances turned your folks against your hair?
I ask because my dad was always threatening me with crewcuts when I was a kid. If I got a C or less on my report card, my dad (who happened to be a barber part-time) would buzz my scalp. It was the late 60s and early 70s when a buzzcut was not cool in school! LOL

[/quote]

Iron, was just one of those ‘it’s summertime and hot, how’s bout we get you a crewcut’ type deals. After all the ridicule from sister, cousins, and friends, it never happened again til I joined the military. Like you in high school my hair was past my shoulders.

And, in the spirit of the thread Kung Fu was much watched show for me back in the wonderful seventies. I also liked David in the Long Riders and Kill Bill.

D

[quote]Wise Guy wrote:
So what if he did off himself? He was 72 and in poor health.

Easy to throw stones when your young and healthy[/quote]

I used to agree with that view. Do you have friends or family who have committed suicide due to health problems? Whether you take their side or not, it’s pretty rough to deal with.

He’s the reason why I practices kung fu as a kid in slow motion. I thought if you moved that slow and graceful you would be able to whoop azz. Learned the hard way!

Sad to see him go.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

R.I.P. Grasshopper.[/quote]

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/06/04/obit.david.carradine/index.html

I guess it is a fact now. Found hanging in a closet from a nylon rope. Man, what a fucked up way to go. I have never understood people hanging themselves. Why not take a less painful or quicker way to go.

So now they are saying the rope was tied to his neck, and “other parts” of his body. And I guess he was nude as well.

Bangkok sex play gone horrible wrong ?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/10309/saturday-night-live-only-bangkok-3

autoerotic asphyxiation

I bet I never missed an episode