Davemccright's Dangerous Dave’s Diabolical Log for Density and Destruction

Hahaha thanks man! It just felt so smooth and awesome… couldn’t help myself!

1 Like

I want some!

2 Likes

This was one of my favorite chest and shoulder days I’ve ever done. Banded Machine Press, Low Angle Incline Press and basically a 5 set rest pause on dumbbell press. High volume of sets to failure today so I’m feeling pretty happy about a rest day tomorrow. Although honestly I’m still going to miss the gym. I’m addicted and I’m not afraid to admit it.

4 Likes

Wow man. Today was just brutally intense. All I’ve got to say is, Barbell Squat Drop Set of Death. This was just a different level. Seldom in my life have I ever had any session push me as hard as today did. This definitely brought me back to my college wrestling practice days. The gym was just a crucible forging me into a different man today. Almost said f it to the rest of the workout, but I just rested a few extra minutes, sucked it up and pushed as hard as I could. I forget to mention that my quads were already pretty fried from the somersault squats before I even did the barbell squat drop set of death. This is the kind of session I’ll be telling my kids and my buddies about when I’m an old washed up meathead, bragging about how hardcore we trained back in my day.

5 Likes

Absolutely trashed my arms today. Spider curls going behind the head and the overhead dumbbell extensions in particular just ruined me in the best way. Left with sleeve splitting pump and that’s how an arm day should be.

4 Likes

Chest, Back and Shoulder Pump day! Used some bands on my presses, which is always a fun way to increase difficulty I learned from an old video of John Meadows and Ben Pakulski training together at the old EFS gym. Also got to hit some pull ups, probably my favorite Back movement. After those chins, my lats were pretty much completely spent. The rows were just icing on the cake.

5 Likes

This was one of the best (hardest) Back days I’ve ever done. Every movement was awesome though. Enjoyed doing the rows “kettlebell” style. Definitely made the 100s feel a lot more difficult. Swapped Pulldowns for weighted pull-ups. Just like pull-ups more and I love every back day that includes them.

Went for the extra challenge on deads today and did them from a deficit on a 35 lb bumper plate. The 30 second rests on the first 5 sets didn’t feel so bad, but once I started resting a minute between for the final 5, I guess I just started FEELING the fatigue set in. Only managed doubles on the last two sets. I was spent. Stopped after 2 sets of decline Leg raises because my abs started cramping. Beautiful workout, beautiful day!

5 Likes

Chest and shoulders is always a fun session. Today included some flat bench, which I haven’t done in a while. It was definitely tougher on my shoulder than incline press, but I still enjoyed it because benching is just one of life’s pleasures. Scrape the rack incline press felt truly incredible and the pump was immense. After a few weeks of tinkering with it, I’ve finally found the right setup. On a side note, my entire back is just lit up with soreness from yesterday’s back day. Thankful for a chance to rest up tomorrow!

5 Likes

Very tough Leg day today. No Barbell squats on the agenda for this one, but I left the gym with the same level of fatigue in my quads, hams and lower back. Still absolutely brutal going up and down my stairs. I definitely had more energy to put into the other leg exercises without the squats taking my soul lol- I suppose that’s the beauty and the curse of barbell squatting.

Definitely a fantastic leg pump today. Had some good fuel going into it. I had a bowl of rainbow sorbet last night, eggs this morning, a can of salmon for lunch and the concoction bowl pre. I was definitely fueled up and ready. Excited for arm day tomorrow. I’ve got to brag a bit and say that I’ve really been doing a good job this year of absolutely pushing my workouts hard as hell without beating myself up or wearing my joints out. I hope to keep that up moving forward for years and decades to come.

5 Likes

Arm pump from another galaxy today. If I hadn’t been so pressed for time I would’ve gotten a picture! The giant sets were a lot of fun but very challenging. I had to drop my weight a few times, as evidenced by my sloppy log but man this was one hell of a session!

3 Likes

Big Dave from another Galaxy

2 Likes

Hahaha oh hell yeah thank you buddy that’s exactly what I’m going for!

1 Like

Old school tri-set Upper Body Pump session. Last workout until my deload next week. Haven’t deloaded in a year. Very used to redlining in every workout. I can take 2 if needed, but I’m really not feeling run down. I’ll take the one since it’s scheduled and hopefully helps resensitize me to high training volume.

3 Likes

Take it, reap the recovery and growth benefits and then come back stronger than ever.

1 Like

Appreciate the words of encouragement! Sometimes it can be tough to want to take the foot off the gas

1 Like

Sometimes it’s better to clean the injectors and blow out the air filter mate.

1 Like

Deload week commenced today. Wasn’t too bad. Felt weird not going to failure but all my sets were still hard. Just brought things down from a RPE 10 to about an 8. Actually felt good to pull back just a bit, I’m sure by the end of the week I’ll be chomping at the bit to get back to those come to Jesus sets.

3 Likes

read this and then saw speed deadlift at 405 for sets of 5. You are different mate.

1 Like

Thank you mate. That’s what I’m trying to be. 4 years ago, I couldn’t deadlift 365 and now I use 405 as my weight for deficits, speed work and cluster sets. I’m just always trying to set new standards and baselines for myself. I’m also kicking myself for not getting into squats and deadlifts until a few years ago lol

2 Likes

Flew through this session in about 42 minutes. It’s crazy how just pulling a single set from each exercise and not going to failure/using any intensity techniques can shorten a session so much. All of the weights moved with awesome velocity, which is awesome for confidence. Chest and delts are pumped but sore!

3 Likes