Davemccright's Dangerous Dave’s Diabolical Log for Density and Destruction

Thank you man! I appreciate the words of encouragement! I’m sure it’s just right around the corner. I might start taping big milestone lifts like that just for fun haha

1 Like

Haha oh yeah for sure thanks man! It was definitely a good day. One of those where I’m pumped to get everything logged haha

I try to make every day a win on some level

Another day of hard lifting in the books. I’m having a habit of coming up onto my toes during the last couple of reps on my top set. I go down to about the point where my hamstrings hit my calves, but sadly my ankle mobility isn’t quite there, so it’s almost partially a calf raise at the bottom and I just muscle the weight up. I’ll try to improve on this going forward. I squat with a narrow stance. I think some lifting shoes would be good. My feet were pretty much fine for every rep of the widow maker but the last 2 reps or so of the heavy set featured me coming up onto my toes a bit at the bottom.

No complaints about today though. Hit a rep PR on that squat set I keep talking about! And this week’s Widowmaker actually felt better than last weeks despite taking less rest. I think rest pausing the assistance and grappling 2-3 days a week has been very helpful to my conditioning.

Squat 225x3, 255x3, 290x8(rep PR)
Squat FSL Widowmaker 225x20
Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift 70x25,22,12
Db Calf Raises 35 3x10
Hanging Leg Raises 3x10

6 Likes

Yes! I have some Nike romelos I got new off Amazon for fairly cheap. It was a weird color nobody wanted (neon orange) and they were like $110 or something. Decent discount and the orange actually looks cool.

I’m like the last guy who should ever be making form recommendations, like for real the last lol. BUT, this happens to me, same thing last few reps and I’m still hitting depth but doing so with all the weight on my toes. I’ve been thinking about why that is and I think for me it’s a core strength issue and I’m simply folding over in the lift once I start to try to come back up. I also think it’s just general weakness and fatigue, which is to be expected after a 20 rep set :joy:

1 Like

I appreciate the words of advice! I was hoping for this exactly! I definitely plan on getting some lifting shoes soon for squatting! I’ve squatted in my brother in law’s before and it felt so solid, I think it would be a HUGE difference maker. Also, you may have the best pair of wheels on the site, so your words certainly carry extra weight to me!

1 Like

Hahaha I appreciate the compliment but they are tiny. Just lean so it looks cool. Plus that was about an hour post leg day so still had some blood in them suckers.

I’m hoping one day I can look like you!!

1 Like

I just bought a pair of Nobull Trainers and they amazing. I like flat soled shoes but they are a close second.
these are not weightlifting specific shoes

1 Like

PTI, @davemccright, but I need to hi-jack your thread for a second because you speak truth:

So when I see this:

I get fired up.

@wanna_be: My dude, when are you gonna stop this kinda talk! You’re so far beyond DYEL—and those quads in particular—it’s not even funny.

Nice to see you around again, in any case. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed, his legs are insane and have been for a long time, they just keep improving @wanna_be
You win the “best legs” category at the T-Nation Bodybuilding show!

2 Likes

Great Overhead Press workout in the books! New rep PRs! I decided to do Kroc rows instead of traditional Dumbbell rows. I enjoy challenges like that. Sadly I don’t have access to dumbbells Bigger than 52.5, so super high reps are my only option for it.

Press 120x3, 135x3, 155x10(rep PR)
Press FSL Widowmaker 120x20(rep PR)
Pull Ups 32,12,5
Lateral Raises 35x13,8,6
Db Curl 35x15,6,4
Kroc Row 52.5x80

6 Likes

80 reps?! You use straps? Wild stuff in any case

2 Likes

Nope, no straps! And I appreciate it! They started off feeling super light, but after rep 50 or 60, it started getting painful haha

2 Likes

Had a really big deadlift day on Monday. I was in a big hurry so it was a rush to get to the garage gym and get the work done. While workout was finished in 33 minutes, including the time it took to rack the weights and put the barbell up. My deadlift strength is shooting up so crazy fast, it’s hard for me to even wrap my head around. Really enjoying the progress I’ve been making! Couple more PRs in the books, and they’re big ones.

Deadlift 340x5, 385x3, 430x7(rep PR)(weight PR)(All time Deadlift PR)
Deadlift FSL Widowmaker 340x20(rep PR)
Chin Ups 32,8,6
Band Pull Aparts 3x20
Push Ups 4x25

7 Likes

That is massive Dave, throwing around 430 lbs like it’s nothing

2 Likes

Thank you Tim! I’m still pretty shocked at how easily that weight went up! I think removing any mental barriers or limiters on what I can do has greatly helped my lifting. A strong mindset can make all the difference for knocking out a lot of reps with weight you’ve never even touched before. Self-belief is so important.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ, that’s disgusting. Great job, lol

1 Like

Hahaha trust me, it felt truly disgusting! I had no clue how I was going to pull through after about rep 15. The answer is just to not quit

Squeezed in a quick Bench session last night before picking up the lady from work. Really wanted 5 reps on that bench set but 4 was absolutely all I had on that set. Thankfully Widowmaker went up easily. 20 reps with no issues. All PRs for me.

Side note: I WILL be participating in Ellington Darden’s Surge Challenge!

Bench 225x5, 250x3, 280x4
Bench FSL Widowmaker 225x20
Bent Over Barbell Row 230x15,7,5
French Press 150x13,6,3
Poundstone Curls x83
Banded Face Pulls 3x20

7 Likes

Excited to be a part of this; glad you got in!

1 Like

I’m hyped we got in man! Can’t wait to see how it all plays out!

1 Like