Davemccright's Dangerous Dave’s Diabolical Log for Density and Destruction

None at all! I’m just not a 5/3/1 expert, so I figured I’d ask.

Gotcha, I definitely am not one either! It think it kind of follows that if “{{Pervertor}} is a mix of Boring But Strong, Boring But Big and Second Set Last.” that running Pervertor, Anchor as a follow up to one of those is probably not a bad idea but as far as I can see Wendler recommends Pervertor as an anchor for literally zero other templates except Pervertor the leader. So, we’re all going to be in a similar boat of running the “wrong” anchor, if we do this.

2 Likes

We’ll be perverting Pervertor, haha!

2 Likes

I’m not sure I want to see what kind of pun @tlgains makes with my handle here.

1 Like

Tried this once. Got to 12 and thought i was going to die. Anything heavy over 8 reps feels like a death sentence which speaks volumes to my shitty conditioning lol. Solid work here man

1 Like

Speaking of @tlgains, he totally crushed Super Squats recently: worked up to something like 350x20 by the end of his 6-week run.

@davemccright - if you don’t follow his log, you should: Teen Named Tim with Long Limbs.

2 Likes

I’ll check that out! It sounds like he has monster determination, and that’s truly what I like to see!

Also, I feel like any Anchor is fair game for any Leader, and Pervertor seems like a really fun change of pace with lots of different elements that make it sound fun! SVR II seems that way as well to me.

2 Likes

Last heavy Upper Body day of the Boring But Big Challenge tonight. My brother and cousin actually joined me for this one and it was a lot of fun. A couple of other young guys were in there to and I was basically holding court with them afterwards, trying to share whatever knowledge I could with them in that short time frame. Including my usual advisement to avoid AAS and SARMs like the plague. It’s funny to me that I’ve reached a point where I’m a guy trying to help share experience with younger lifters, that people respect my opinion on training so much. I don’t take it for granted, and I appreciate them asking me questions. I’m fortunate to have had such progress through the years, but honestly, I believe anybody could’ve succeeded to a similar degree and maybe even better if they put the same level of work into their training and eating for as long as I have. This was something I really stressed to them.

And to me, this is just a drop in the bucket, I firmly believe the me of 10 years into the future will absolutely mog the me of today. Not just in terms of physique, but knowledge of training and nutrition. I’m only just getting started.

The workout itself went great. Every rep of that military press Weight went up fast and smooth. My pump by the end was incredible. It felt like my whole upper body had just been blown up like a balloon!

Military Press 125x5, 145x3, 160x1
Bench 205 5x10
Chin ups 5x10
Modified French Press 3x10
Preacher Curl 3x10
Face Pulls 3x10

Happy Easter!!:hatching_chick:

4 Likes

Had a super awesome Easter with my family and got to hide eggs for the kids! I know my strength has grown immensely because I’ve reached the point where 310 pounds on deadlift for 5 sets of 10 is just another day in the office. I’m trying to take Pwnisher’s advice of trying to stay calm and relaxed when dealing with Grace miserable workouts. You know what? It didn’t feel heavy or miserable. It was just the work of the day. I didn’t even need to use straps or a mixed grip. I was locked in and in the zone. As always on lower body days, supersetted some light, high rep lateral raises and tricep extensions. Also 425 deadlift is a PR. Pretty much every top set from here out is going to be a PR, so no time for fangirling for myself haha

Deadlift 335x5, 380x3, 425x1
Deadlift 310 5x10
Sit Ups 5x10

3 Likes

Glad that worked for you dude! Its less cathartic, but also more survivable.

1 Like

Currently deloading and pondering Pervertor, my next phase. I’m actually going to use the 5/3/1 app to help me keep up with my workouts. I downloaded it about a month ago, but I’m finally able to use it, starting something new. It’s really cool, if you haven’t seen it. It’s funny, I have yet to even check back at 5/3/1 Forever to read about Pervertor, I just agreed to it sight unseen so I could join in with a few buddies on the board, @heretolog and @SvenG as well as anyone else that wishes to hop aboard!

Bench 135x5, 160x5, 190x5
Military Press 120 5x10
Db Row 5x10
Cable Curl 3x10
Overhead Tricep Ext 3x10
Face Pulls 3x10

3 Likes

I believe @hustlinghat93 started Pervertor today… Is that right, @hustlinghat93?

1 Like

That is right.
Wish I could add more about the program from 1st hand experience but only a day in.

Don’t see how you can go wrong doing Pervertor. The main work is exactly the same as 99% of the other templates and you get to taste 3 different supplemental set ups in one cycle. If anything the template is great for figuring out what supplemental set you think works best for you (my reasoning for using it along with the cool name)

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I’m super excited to get into it!

1 Like

Some jerk busted my car window yesterday so I missed the gym. It’s sucks and I had to pay it out of pocket, but at least I now have a new window and I made it to the gym today. I just combined yesterday’s workout with todays. It’s deload week, so I figured no harm no foul. It took me about an hour and a half. Kind of sad that the Boring But Big Challenge is basically over, Save for one workout, but the gains I’ve made have been immense. More on that in a moment. But here is the workout:

Squat 145x5, 175x5, 205x5
Squat BBB 225 5x10
Hanging Leg Raises 5x10
Military Press 75x5, 95x5, 110x5
Bench BBB 205 5x10
Chin Ups 5x10
Modified French Press 3x10
Db Curls 3x10
Face Pulls 3x10

I weighed in at 206.5 today Post workout, which feels like a huge milestone. I actually figured I’d lost weight since I’d been a little bit leaner the past few days. I just can’t believe the phenomenal progress I’ve made in size and on my lifts! There’s really no secret to it, just eat the food and hit your numbers in the gym. Do the work. It’s truly as simple as that! When I’m talking to people about how I’ve put on so much size this year and particularly recently, I wish I could tell them something more cool or exciting, but it’s just the culmination of time putting in the work.

11 Likes

Unreal, dude! Lean, big, and strong. Way to get after it!

1 Like

Thank you Sven! I truly appreciate it! Your encouragement has been just awesome! I’m excited to run Pervertor alongside you!

2 Likes

Looking the definition of jacked!

1 Like

Thank you my brother I really appreciate that! Just working on getting better every day and every session!

2 Likes

I’ve seen you posting around but never knew this was your log- I just took a quick skim through it and will definitely be following along dude!

1 Like