Dave Tate on Ronnie Coleman

[quote]Professor X wrote:
conorh wrote:
cyruseven75 wrote:
coping and paste is tough bro, i fell ya, he just basically said Coleman is a big fucker w/ zero injuries so his non-existent full ROM and other techiques wherein you go “WTF” should be looked at more closely because drugs aside, big nasty did something right.

I wish my nickname was Big Nasty.

With a name like that, you could just fart loudly in public and people would just laugh it off.

“I would like two tickets…!!BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!!..to Transformers, please”

“Oh, Big Nasty. You so silly.”[/quote]

That’s exactly how my friends would say it too.

“Oh BN, you just sharted yourself, you crazy.”

yeah, he is the greatest, the most impressive feat to me is watching do bent over rows w/ like six plates a side. the point tate was stressing that despite coleman’s balls to the wall heavy weight shit he never had a debilitating injury, no hernia, no back or knee malady, excluding his tricep and lat thing towards the end of his career.

[quote]MAS50 wrote:
I really want a link to the rest. Dave is the shit.[/quote]

X2

[quote]Therizza wrote:
Speaking of the King, does anyone know off hand his weight when he first started, as in his first contest?[/quote]

In 1990 he won the Mr. Texas heavyweight and overall.

conorh wrote:
cyruseven75 wrote:
coping and paste is tough bro, i fell ya, he just basically said Coleman is a big fucker w/ zero injuries so his non-existent full ROM and other techiques wherein you go “WTF” should be looked at more closely because drugs aside, big nasty did something right.

I wish my nickname was Big Nasty.

With a name like that, you could just fart loudly in public and people would just laugh it off.

“I would like two tickets…!!BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!!..to Transformers, please”

“Oh, Big Nasty. You so silly.”[/quote]

Awesome!!!

This thread is already epic.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
cyruseven75 wrote:

ronnie has had his share of injuries.

IIRC, most of them were in the last year or two of his IFBB career and more nerve related than musculo-skeletal.[/quote]

i just remember in one of his vids he was nursing a back injury, i dont think it was neuro muscular, i think he herniated something.

but like Px is saying anyone lifting weights seriously, seriously enough to be an 8 time Olympia winner is gonna get injured. you dont spend 20 years lifting weights without a slip up.

side question: who would be a BBer to look at who seems to be more injury prone than most?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
cyruseven75 wrote:

ronnie has had his share of injuries.

IIRC, most of them were in the last year or two of his IFBB career and more nerve related than musculo-skeletal.

i just remember in one of his vids he was nursing a back injury, i dont think it was neuro muscular, i think he herniated something.

but like Px is saying anyone lifting weights seriously, seriously enough to be an 8 time Olympia winner is gonna get injured. you dont spend 20 years lifting weights without a slip up.

side question: who would be a BBer to look at who seems to be more injury prone than most?[/quote]

branch warren.

Ronnie’s tricep+lat atrophy thing is a fairly common issue with bigger people.
If you weigh 330 lbs in the off-season and you like to sleep on your side/shoulder… Well. Nerve impingement/damage. Dante had it as well, if I remember correctly.

That has nothing to do with training, just that you’ll have to get creative with pillow-placement and/or learn how to sleep on your back or in semi-turned positions…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
If you weigh 330 lbs in the off-season and you like to sleep on your side/shoulder… Well. Nerve impingement/damage. Dante had it as well, if I remember correctly.

That has nothing to do with training, just that you’ll have to get creative with pillow-placement and/or learn how to sleep on your back or in semi-turned positions…
[/quote]

I’m just going to start sleeping standing up.

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

I’m just going to start sleeping standing up.[/quote]

I think I’ll start sleeping in the reverse-hyper machine… Low-back health improvement and deep sleep at the same time lol

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

I’m just going to start sleeping standing up.

I think I’ll start sleeping in the reverse-hyper machine… Low-back health improvement and deep sleep at the same time lol

[/quote]

My shoulder problems have started to gone away since I have avoided sleeping on them. But it’s uncomfortable as anything and I get a crappy nights sleep!

I want one of those physiotables where I can lie face down… Although i’ll probably wake up with a circle ingrained on to my face, lol.