Dave Tate Now?

That update pretty much answered all my questions; I wonder if Mr. Tate has been lurking here?

That is an incredible turn-around for someone who used to eat the way he did.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was reading these forums, he has written articles on here in the past.

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
That update pretty much answered all my questions; I wonder if Mr. Tate has been lurking here?

That is an incredible turn-around for someone who used to eat the way he did.[/quote]

As much as him and Wendler make fun of t-mag, he has to be reading at least sometimes.

he’s following Justin Harris rather the JB at the mo [while wearing a balaclava]

Must be his blood work is healthy again.

I don’t understand the obsession with this guy. Yeah, he has written some damn good articles and has the credentials to back it up.

Why are people on this site so obsessed with him? Doesn’t he have his own site?

[quote]Chewie wrote:
I don’t understand the obsession with this guy. Yeah, he has written some damn good articles and has the credentials to back it up.

Why are people on this site so obsessed with him? Doesn’t he have his own site? [/quote]

Because at the end of his cutting phases he has ript abz and hyooooge guns.

Personally, I respect his knowledge and admire the determination it took to get himself turned around health-wise. He’s not the messiah though.

[quote]Chewie wrote:

Why are people on this site so obsessed with him? Doesn’t he have his own site? [/quote]

I like the guy for several reasons.

For one, he’s no bullshit. What you see is what you get. Second, he’s strong, and put up some pretty good numbers as a PL’er. Third, he runs a biz that seems to do pretty well.

All 3 of those things I greatly respect. His blogs are also pretty funny to read. Maybe the main thing I like about the guy is that he trains hard. He’s all about doing the work, not just reading about it. Not many out there have the desire or drive he does.

Monopoly

[quote]Chewie wrote:

I’m not obsessed with him, but The Dave Tate Project was pretty damn fascinating; have you read those articles?

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
Chewie wrote:

I’m not obsessed with him, but The Dave Tate Project was pretty damn fascinating; have you read those articles?
[/quote]

Yes, I have. It is not hard to be fascinated with something like if it is what someone does for a living.

I just don’t understand the fascination with him (on this site).
He has his own site.

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
Chewie wrote:

I like the guy for several reasons.

For one, he’s no bullshit. What you see is what you get. Second, he’s strong, and put up some pretty good numbers as a PL’er. Third, he runs a biz that seems to do pretty well.

All 3 of those things I greatly respect. His blogs are also pretty funny to read. Maybe the main thing I like about the guy is that he trains hard. He’s all about doing the work, not just reading about it. Not many out there have the desire or drive he does.

Monopoly

[/quote]
I don’t disagree with any of your points. He is viewed as some superhuman being on this site.

By “doing well”, do you mean overcharging? kidding kidding…kind of.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Chewie wrote:

Because at the end of his cutting phases he has ript abz and hyooooge guns.

Personally, I respect his knowledge and admire the determination it took to get himself turned around health-wise. He’s not the messiah though.[/quote]

Apparently he turned right back where he was.

Again, I’m not denying any of his credentials.

[quote]Chewie wrote:

Because Dave Tate is a genius. He’s versatile and evolving. By continuously creating change since the Dave Tate project, he not only satisfies his own desire to ward off boredom, it also creates tremendous word of mouth. If he just stayed the same it wouldn’t keep bringing in hits to Elite from T-Nation and other forums about powerlifting/bodybuilding. It’s no different than people talking about Berardi. Doesn’t he have his own site too? (rolls eyes)

[quote]Chewie wrote:

Doesn’t Dave write for this site?

Hadn’t Dave written for this site years ago?

Don’t Thibaudeau, Berardi, Waterbury and Poliquin have their own sites?

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Chewie wrote:

Because Dave Tate is a genius. He’s versatile and evolving. By continuously creating change since the Dave Tate project, he not only satisfies his own desire to ward off boredom, it also creates tremendous word of mouth. If he just stayed the same it wouldn’t keep bringing in hits to Elite from T-Nation and other forums about powerlifting/bodybuilding. It’s no different than people talking about Berardi. Doesn’t he have his own site too? (rolls eyes)[/quote]

I am not ripping or disrespecting the guy in any way.

Do you remember when he had written about referring to ‘working out’ as ‘training’? After that, suddenly, everyone referred to it as ‘training’.
Training for what?

Threads like this delve a little to deeply into his personal business.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Chewie wrote:

Because Dave Tate is a genius. He’s versatile and evolving. By continuously creating change since the Dave Tate project, he not only satisfies his own desire to ward off boredom, it also creates tremendous word of mouth. If he just stayed the same it wouldn’t keep bringing in hits to Elite from T-Nation and other forums about powerlifting/bodybuilding. It’s no different than people talking about Berardi. Doesn’t he have his own site too? (rolls eyes)[/quote]

Dave Tate isn’t a genius. A guy like Norman Einstein is a genius.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

The beer and drugs had nothing to do with it.

[/quote]

They never do.

[quote]Chewie wrote:

This is why

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/flannels_shoes.htm

[quote]Chewie wrote:

I think you either get Tate or you don’t. And if you don’t, he’ll eat you.

Now it’s time for you do go do his Amazing Forearm Jack Program and wash it down with some Oreos.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/forearm_jack_program.htm
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/oreo.htm