Dave Tate Bench Press for Bodybuilding?

[quote]335i wrote:
I’m really cautious and back off immediately when I feel any pain on exercises, but based on what I’ve read about pec tears, there are often no warning signs.
[/quote]

I’m currently recovering from surgery to reattach my pec after tearing it benching. You’re right on about no warning. I went from having an awesome bench session to an explosive injury with zero warning signs. I felt absolutely no tweaks or pains on any rep that day, until I heard a sound like velcro ripping in my shoulder.

[quote]borrek wrote:

[quote]335i wrote:
I’m really cautious and back off immediately when I feel any pain on exercises, but based on what I’ve read about pec tears, there are often no warning signs.
[/quote]

I’m currently recovering from surgery to reattach my pec after tearing it benching. You’re right on about no warning. I went from having an awesome bench session to an explosive injury with zero warning signs. I felt absolutely no tweaks or pains on any rep that day, until I heard a sound like velcro ripping in my shoulder.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. Anything you would do differently given the chance? What kind of form did you use?

Any input on dumbbells? I typically go heavy with these (135-145 for 2-4 reps on my heaviest sets). I lean back slowly and don’t do any type of bounce motion to get the first rep up, but could I still have issues on these? Should I consider them a strict bodybuilding exercise and don’t lift a weight that I can’t put up more than 6 reps?