Daunte Culpepper

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
What did the city of Detroit do to make God hate it so much?

Since Detroit has two great teams in the Pistons and Red Wings, it’s His way of balancing things out.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Red Wings. I always root for any team out of Detroit because nothing comes out of that city but bad news.[/quote]

I guess you have to root for someone since Virginia will never have a pro team.

[quote]nowakc wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

Since Detroit has two great teams in the Pistons and Red Wings, it’s His way of balancing things out.

And at least our tigers are doing SOMETHING (making the world series a couple years ago) and spending money on good players so we can be competitive. They’re at least fun to follow.

[/quote]

Ummm…you do realize that the Tigers finished dead fucking last in the AL Central last year right? They were pathetic.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
nowakc wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

And at least our tigers are doing SOMETHING (making the world series a couple years ago) and spending money on good players so we can be competitive. They’re at least fun to follow.

Ummm…you do realize that the Tigers finished dead fucking last in the AL Central last year right? They were pathetic.

[/quote]

I have kinda low standards for the Tigers after how bad they were (i.e. that one 43 win season)…my point is that even though they were a dissapointment this year and last, I at least feel like they’re trying to put together a good team, making moves, etc.

With baseball there are a lot of teams that just suck, year in and out, and I at least feel like we’ve got a shot at the start of the year. Following them in 2006 was awesome even though we didn’t win the series - we had such incredibly low expectations for our team.

The talk on the local sport radio is that:

Orlovsky might be injured
Stanton is not playing, the coaches don’t want to crush his young ego
Culpepper may weigh in close to 3 bills, but we shall see

I don’t think that the Lions should have signed Culpepper. They can lose just fine without him. Orlovsky is not great by any means, but he has exhibited a better attitude then Johnny ‘not Unitas’ Kitna. Orlovsky will also not force a pass as did Kitna who thought he could thread any needle.

The draft picks COULD be interesting, but the Lions will find some way to screw it up. There is also a chance that Hot Rod Maranelli could stay if the interim GM stays.

We always have the Red Wings.

[quote]nowakc wrote:
The Bambino wrote:
nowakc wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

I have kinda low standards for the Tigers after how bad they were (i.e. that one 43 win season)…my point is that even though they were a dissapointment this year and last, I at least feel like they’re trying to put together a good team, making moves, etc.

With baseball there are a lot of teams that just suck, year in and out, and I at least feel like we’ve got a shot at the start of the year. Following them in 2006 was awesome even though we didn’t win the series - we had such incredibly low expectations for our team.[/quote]

Fair enough. I attended about 50 games that year they lost 120 games. Used to buy skyline ($6) seats and bet on the games and drink heavily. One of the best summers of my life.