Daunte Culpepper

Does he have anything left? He’s still relatively young. Sucks for him that he has to come back to such a bad team.

All he even had in the first place was Randy Moss.

What news did I obviously miss?

WOW to the lions.

The fuckers already capitulated their season getting rid of Roy Williams. Now they’re going to be sure to ultra-tarnish the name of a still-young QB. NO ONE could win there.

Culpepper must be broke.

What did the city of Detroit do to make God hate it so much?

I actually like the Roy Williams trade, they got quite a few draft picks out of a guy who would be a free agent and I imagine they wouldn’t resign with Calvin Johnson.

If their new GM uses the draft picks wisely and they pick up a line and a QB out of the draft, they could probably turn it around. They have decent skill position players besides QB.

New GM is key, knowing the lions though, they’ll fuck it up somehow.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
All he even had in the first place was Randy Moss.[/quote]

Really? I thought it was ability to play QB at 6’4 260lbs.

If you consider playing QB, running around and being completely inaccurate.

Yeah he could throw it a country mile, into coverage, and where only top of the line receivers could catch it, doing a leaping, twirling, back kick, after stopping dead and reversing direction because the pass was 4 yards on the wrong side of them.

But no Detroit is not a good place to try and prove me wrong, neither was Miami or Oakland.

If you consider playing QB, running around and being completely inaccurate.

Yeah he could throw it a country mile, into coverage, and where only top of the line receivers could catch it, doing a leaping, twirling, back kick, after stopping dead and reversing direction because the pass was 4 yards on the wrong side of them.

But no Detroit is not a good place to try and prove me wrong, neither was Miami or Oakland.[/quote]

I don’t understand your gibberish…anyways:

2000 MIN 3937 33 16 98.0
2001 MIN 2612 14 13 83.3
2002 MIN 3853 18 23 75.3
2003 MIN 3479 25 11 96.4
2004 MIN 4717 39 11 110.9

yeah…he was completely inaccurate. As a QB,you have to make do with what you have…and if all I had was Randy Moss…I would somehow “find it in my heart” to accept that.

Culpepper unfortunately tore every ligament in his knee just when he was starting to understand being a NFL QB. Its interesting that even though Moss caught 13 TDs in '04,he only caught 760yds out of that 4717 passing yds…but yeah,a 110.9 QB rating is unacceptable.

Doesn’t matter what team he’s on…his biggest challenge is himself.

Ok, completely is a bit harsh.

Outside of 2004, especially if you take Randy’s numbers out of his, he is pretty average. (Not that he had that fantastic of an O-Line blocking for him either.)

One good year (not including Moss’s numbers) and a busted up knee. Lets get his space in Canton ready. Christ he had Cris Carter in 2000 too.

Don’t get me wrong, I would take him over, say a Chris Sims or Kyle Boller, but he wasn’t all that great either.

As far as the knee goes, yeah it is unfortunate, but it is part of the game.

I do agree that himself is his biggest challenge though.

He’s done, had a couple great years, but his body is shot. Running QBs don’t have a great shelf life.

Orlovsky is actually playing pretty well today…

His biggest problem is fumbleitis.

[quote]Higgins wrote:

If their new GM uses the draft picks wisely and they pick up a line and a QB out of the draft, they could probably turn it around.[/quote]

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all day

/guy from the Detroit metro area

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
What did the city of Detroit do to make God hate it so much?[/quote]

Since Detroit has two great teams in the Pistons and Red Wings, it’s His way of balancing things out.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

Since Detroit has two great teams in the Pistons and Red Wings, it’s His way of balancing things out.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Red Wings. I always root for any team out of Detroit because nothing comes out of that city but bad news.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

Since Detroit has two great teams in the Pistons and Red Wings, it’s His way of balancing things out.[/quote]

And at least our tigers are doing SOMETHING (making the world series a couple years ago) and spending money on good players so we can be competitive. They’re at least fun to follow.

The lions are just a shit-show year in and out. I’m glad we got rid of williams and we got a lot of picks out of it, but it’s so hard to be hopeful for the future when every other time i’ve been hopeful for the future things have just gone to hell.

Culpepper doesn’t really make sense but this is basically just an extended tryout for him I think…maybe he’ll work well with our system enough to be a decent backup and tutor a QB we draft next year - we otherwise wouldn’t have a veteran QB presence on the staff once Kitna gets the boot.

I hope he can make a come back but I see him has done. He has no guidance and if he does he’s obviously not listening to it. He’s missed 3 years of being in a quality offense, which means less reps less analysis, and less conditioning. Last but not least he’s not getting younger.

Wait, is he the Lion’s starter now or are they sticking with Dan Orlovsky?

Then again this question could be irrelevant seeing as he got injured yesterday…

All he even had in the first place was Randy Moss.[/quote]

Now he has Calvin Johnson.

Lived many years in Detroit area.

The Lions wasted Barry Sanders-in my view the best running back ever. Would of liked to see Barry running behind a Dallas,Denver or Kansas city offensive line.
Daunte probably has a few miles left on that arm-could see a few toss and catches for touch downs with Calvin Johnson.
Daunte will end up on his back a lot.
The Lions are an embarrassment to the city of Detroit.
Mr. Ford-SELL YOUR TEAM.