Dating and Trying

WHOA! That’s alot of replies on the issue. And I agree with most of them. What I failed to mention is that going along with this being a numbers game you have to subscribe to the belief that when something gets fucked up you should get right back on your feet and shrug it off. It’s like not setting a new PR in the gym, try again later but don’t give up! Ones time will eventually come.

As far as going out and meeting new people that is exactly what I plan to do upon my return to AZ when I have time to have a life again.

~Powda

HELP!!!

i think i’ve been powda’d !!!

:-0

oh my ! he’s been powda’d !!!

poor guy. prolly never even saw it coming.

No, this is what his post should’ve looked like.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
I hate dating…

So I’m gonna go stick my ding-a-ling in Foopa’s previously stretched sphincter. [/quote]

All that other shit you wrote, PP, nearly made my brain fuckin explode. Thanks a lot.

[quote]swivel wrote:
HELP!!!

poor guy. prolly never even saw it coming.[/quote]

I don’t get it…

[quote]TheZ-Man wrote:
damn…talk about overthinking a situation!
[/quote]

Paradoxically enough this is me not trying to over-analyze. Analysis has always led to paralysis for me. Whatever happens, happens.

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
a diamond lasts forever

but really, dude… eat some meat and you’ll feel better, really.[/quote]

I have some veggie burgers in the freezer. Are those acceptable substitutions?

[quote]geekboy wrote:
CU AeroStallion wrote:
a diamond lasts forever

but really, dude… eat some meat and you’ll feel better, really.

And some exercising might help too.

Geek boy[/quote]

I’m generally pretty religous about that…

[quote]Swoll wrote:
That’s an excellently written pile of shit.

Of course it’s a game of numbers. But so what?

Think of it this way: Baseball is a numbers game too…and in baseball if you get a hit 3 out of 10 times you’ve got a .300 batting average. Do that over your career and you’ll make the hall of fame.

Keep swinging.[/quote]

You’re right. Add to it there are no “called shots,” in dating. Sorry Babe Ruth…

[quote]Vyapada wrote:
Now here’s a question for home viewers - has the attitude portrayed in his post caused his lack of dating success, or has his lack of dating success resulted in his attitude?[/quote]

There are a lot of reasons…most of which is that I don’t care. I think in my whole college career I’ve actually asked for one # on campus. I don’t hit on girls when I go out. I don’t like being “typical.” I probably sit around in the trenches a bit too much waiting for something to come to me, then get pissed it doesn’t and set a new PR in the gym.

[quote]swivel wrote:
HELP!!!

poor guy. prolly never even saw it coming.[/quote]

LOL completely blindsided…

[quote]conorh wrote:
I’ll just tell you a story my daddy told me when I was having dating woes growing up:

If you go out and show 100 women you’re dick and ask 'em if they want to fuck, and 99 say no, well by God, one of 'em said yes!

Maybe this explains something…[/quote]

My dick’s probably bigger than yours then :slight_smile:

[quote]John K wrote:
Some people have high expectations and have a hard time relating to other people. Similarly, some people overthink and worry over the most minor details of every day of their life.

Some people take life as it comes and connect with others easily. Similarly, some people can shrug off everything that doesn’t go their way, and jump in with both feet whenever anything comes along.

The two will never “get” each other.

[/quote]

I’m a hybrid of both. I over-analyze but move on easily.

I actually never “dated,” I guess this is why!

I hate dating…

Dating is similar to going to Las Vegas. It’s a numbers game and the odds are against you. You’re placing your bets, and setting the wheel in motion, hoping you’ll win but expecting to lose. Often you get so caught up in the game that you bet more than you can afford to lose, and you go home either heartbroken or just broke. Even at best it cannot be perfect; it can be an amicable compromise that you can not live without. Perfect can be only one thing and since nothing stays the same; no singular entity is a constant, nothing can be just one thing. Even something as simple as a rock is undergoing chemical reactions that unprompted by catalysts take time, but it still changes. Thus nothing can be perfect because nothing is a constant and nothing is only one thing. Something can only be singular for a moment, and then the moment changes and it’s gone.

But as time progresses so do our thoughts and we become more definative in what we want, and especially in what we don’t want. Hopefully this leads to better decisions, a better “sixth sense,” but it’s still a numbers game.

[/quote]

[quote]Leeuwer wrote:
You put too much weight on the word dating.

Just go out, and have fun.

It’s just a way of learning to know new people in new, interesting situations.

It’s about the journey, not the destination.[/quote]

I try. It’s fun and leaves me with plenty of stories to share on T-Nation.

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
I hate dating…

Dating is similar to going to Las Vegas. It’s a numbers game and the odds are against you. You’re placing your bets, and setting the wheel in motion, hoping you’ll win but expecting to lose. Often you get so caught up in the game that you bet more than you can afford to lose, and you go home either heartbroken or just broke. Even at best it cannot be perfect; it can be an amicable compromise that you can not live without. Perfect can be only one thing and since nothing stays the same; no singular entity is a constant, nothing can be just one thing. Even something as simple as a rock is undergoing chemical reactions that unprompted by catalysts take time, but it still changes. Thus nothing can be perfect because nothing is a constant and nothing is only one thing. Something can only be singular for a moment, and then the moment changes and it’s gone.

But as time progresses so do our thoughts and we become more definative in what we want, and especially in what we don’t want. Hopefully this leads to better decisions, a better “sixth sense,” but it’s still a numbers game.

We can call THIS post,

“Reason #453 why Powda’s dog foopa is limping around the apartment”

If it were a numbers game then we would be equally successful at dating. Given that I didn’t just post a verbose turdwich of melancholy musings about dating on an internet training forum, I feel this is false.[/quote]

Hence most of my posts are in the Off-Topic section.

[quote]th_underdog wrote:
This is what your post should’ve looked like:

Proteinpowda wrote:
I hate dating…

Dating is similar to going to Las Vegas. It’s a numbers game and the odds are against you. You’re placing your bets, and setting the wheel in motion, hoping you’ll win but expecting to lose. Often you get so caught up in the game that you bet more than you can afford to lose, and you go home either heartbroken or just broke.

More concise. As for the philosophy and metaphysics/whatnot, you must be in college, bro.

Anyway, sounds like you just ‘came back from Vegas broke.’ Sorry to hear that. I’ve been there. And you’re right about knowing what we ‘don’t want.’ What we want is at times so intangible and varied that its better to eliminate what we don’t want rather than have a ‘checklist’ for what we do. At least, that’s where I am right now.[/quote]

I am prolix. That much is VERY true. I didn’t come back from Vegas broke; I just saw potential and the situation did not turn out as I had hoped. NEXT!

Yo proteinpowda

sounds like you worry too much about this stuff

going out meeting chicks, sure its a numbers game, part of the fun is in the chase, flirting, flattery, chat up etc etc and thinking of how far you’re gonna get

if you can’t handle the ‘numbers game’ then you’ll probably just have to pay for sex

now ‘dating’ ias a different story, right, ther’s only you and her, so no numbers game, maybe more risk (ego, control stuff, loyalty etc etc), definitely takes more cash, and can end up headwrecked…

so overall, the numbers game ain’t bad, that’s where the fun is IMO

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
I hate dating…

Screw dating! It’s a waste of time and money.

Just go out, meet girls, have fun. But don’t date. Just hookup. It has the benefits of dating without dating.
[/quote]

Sometimes I impress girls and get nookie by showing off my protein jug collection!

There are a lot of reasons…most of which is that I don’t care. I think in my whole college career I’ve actually asked for one # on campus. I don’t hit on girls when I go out. I don’t like being “typical.” I probably sit around in the trenches a bit too much waiting for something to come to me, then get pissed it doesn’t and set a new PR in the gym.[/quote]

You might regret this later in life. Check out the strong words from a day or two ago. “You are not a unique snowflake…”
Asking a girl for her number or hitting on girls when you go out is not “typical”, it’s just something that should be fun to do, that is, socializing. You say “typical” with a trace of bitterness it sounds like to me. Don’t worry so much about being an awesome guy, just be one.

[quote]apayne wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:

There are a lot of reasons…most of which is that I don’t care. I think in my whole college career I’ve actually asked for one # on campus. I don’t hit on girls when I go out. I don’t like being “typical.” I probably sit around in the trenches a bit too much waiting for something to come to me, then get pissed it doesn’t and set a new PR in the gym.

You might regret this later in life. Check out the strong words from a day or two ago. “You are not a unique snowflake…”
Asking a girl for her number or hitting on girls when you go out is not “typical”, it’s just something that should be fun to do, that is, socializing. You say “typical” with a trace of bitterness it sounds like to me. Don’t worry so much about being an awesome guy, just be one.[/quote]

I’m getting better at that b/c I too agree I will regret this later in life. There is already too much I’ve missed out on. Hell I really didn’t start partying until last semester; and then even not as much as I could have. I know I can keep my grades up while maintaining a social life so why should I not be doing it? I’ll come out a better person for it.