Dating and Trying

I hate dating…

Dating is similar to going to Las Vegas. It’s a numbers game and the odds are against you. You’re placing your bets, and setting the wheel in motion, hoping you’ll win but expecting to lose. Often you get so caught up in the game that you bet more than you can afford to lose, and you go home either heartbroken or just broke. Even at best it cannot be perfect; it can be an amicable compromise that you can not live without. Perfect can be only one thing and since nothing stays the same; no singular entity is a constant, nothing can be just one thing. Even something as simple as a rock is undergoing chemical reactions that unprompted by catalysts take time, but it still changes. Thus nothing can be perfect because nothing is a constant and nothing is only one thing. Something can only be singular for a moment, and then the moment changes and it’s gone.

But as time progresses so do our thoughts and we become more definative in what we want, and especially in what we don’t want. Hopefully this leads to better decisions, a better “sixth sense,” but it’s still a numbers game.

damn…talk about overthinking a situation!

Uh… okay, wise one.

a diamond lasts forever

but really, dude… eat some meat and you’ll feel better, really.

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
a diamond lasts forever

but really, dude… eat some meat and you’ll feel better, really.[/quote]

And some exercising might help too.

Geek boy

go out, meet girls, hook up with girls, find a few that mesh well with you, keep them around, be happy

That’s an excellently written pile of shit.

Of course it’s a game of numbers. But so what?

Think of it this way: Baseball is a numbers game too…and in baseball if you get a hit 3 out of 10 times you’ve got a .300 batting average. Do that over your career and you’ll make the hall of fame.

Keep swinging.

Now here’s a question for home viewers - has the attitude portrayed in his post caused his lack of dating success, or has his lack of dating success resulted in his attitude?

Some people have high expectations and have a hard time relating to other people. Similarly, some people overthink and worry over the most minor details of every day of their life.

Some people take life as it comes and connect with others easily. Similarly, some people can shrug off everything that doesn’t go their way, and jump in with both feet whenever anything comes along.

The two will never “get” each other.

You put too much weight on the word dating.

Just go out, and have fun.

It’s just a way of learning to know new people in new, interesting situations.

It’s about the journey, not the destination.

You must be a shitty gambler :wink:

I’ll just tell you a story my daddy told me when I was having dating woes growing up:

If you go out and show 100 women you’re dick and ask 'em if they want to fuck, and 99 say no, well by God, one of 'em said yes!

Maybe this explains something…

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
I hate dating…

Dating is similar to going to Las Vegas. It’s a numbers game and the odds are against you. You’re placing your bets, and setting the wheel in motion, hoping you’ll win but expecting to lose. Often you get so caught up in the game that you bet more than you can afford to lose, and you go home either heartbroken or just broke. Even at best it cannot be perfect; it can be an amicable compromise that you can not live without. Perfect can be only one thing and since nothing stays the same; no singular entity is a constant, nothing can be just one thing. Even something as simple as a rock is undergoing chemical reactions that unprompted by catalysts take time, but it still changes. Thus nothing can be perfect because nothing is a constant and nothing is only one thing. Something can only be singular for a moment, and then the moment changes and it’s gone.

But as time progresses so do our thoughts and we become more definative in what we want, and especially in what we don’t want. Hopefully this leads to better decisions, a better “sixth sense,” but it’s still a numbers game.
[/quote]

We can call THIS post,

“Reason #453 why Powda’s dog foopa is limping around the apartment”

If it were a numbers game then we would be equally successful at dating. Given that I didn’t just post a verbose turdwich of melancholy musings about dating on an internet training forum, I feel this is false.

wtf Powda? go out and have fun and quit worrying about all this crap. I knew a girl in college who had her perfect man all worked out. She even had a list of “must-have” attributes and “nice-to-have” attributes in her future husband.

Well, she’s 36 and still single with very few relationships along the way. Throw away the analysis and go out there and play. Real love will happen when it happens and it stays away from those who actively seek it.

DB

This is what your post should’ve looked like:

I hate dating…

Dating is similar to going to Las Vegas. It’s a numbers game and the odds are against you. You’re placing your bets, and setting the wheel in motion, hoping you’ll win but expecting to lose. Often you get so caught up in the game that you bet more than you can afford to lose, and you go home either heartbroken or just broke.

[/quote]

More concise. As for the philosophy and metaphysics/whatnot, you must be in college, bro.

Anyway, sounds like you just ‘came back from Vegas broke.’ Sorry to hear that. I’ve been there. And you’re right about knowing what we ‘don’t want.’ What we want is at times so intangible and varied that its better to eliminate what we don’t want rather than have a ‘checklist’ for what we do. At least, that’s where I am right now.

I hate dating…

[/quote]

Every once in awhile some poor guy who has never had his cock sucked good posts…

I hate dating…[/quote]

Screw dating! It’s a waste of time and money.

Just go out, meet girls, have fun. But don’t date. Just hookup. It has the benefits of dating without dating.

You always have your right hand and your chin.

I wonder if Wideguy is a gambler…

I’ve never been a “dater”. What I do is meet women and form relationships.
I guess that there is a difference, because so far, I have been 100% successfull.(except for the one who left me for a horse.)
Just in case you haven’t noticed yet, women will know when you are going to treat them like a piece of ass, and respond accordingly. Not doing this will greatly increase your chances of forming a relationship. They have a couple of extra sensory perception devices too. Probably a sixth, seventh and eighth.