Dating Advice for a Short Man?

Do stuff you enjoy, and have fun doing it. People that are happy and smiling or having a good time are way more attractive than people that look like they’re miserable.

3 Likes

Many women are not worth the time of day(same can be said about many men from a female perspective). Some are worth it but you have to search far and wide or be just lucky, to stumble upon one. If a women starts to give you attitude for no reason, you need to be able to write her off immediately, and move onto the next one. Because that is exactly how she is behaving. You don’t need to show anger or disappointment, just know its a waste of your valuable time and move on.
It can be hard to grasp this as a young man, with your hormones and a raging boner clouding your judgement. Most women are very calculating, more so than men, don’t be afraid to give them some of their own medicine.

I do not choose to ignore anything. I am simply stating the facts. Women have and do reject me because I am “too short”. It is clear to me that, despite your best attempts to empathise with my situation, you cannot do so.

Put yourself in my position and then see whether people telling you “it’s in your head” etc etc cuts it, as I am willing to bet it wouldn’t. You’ve obviously had a very different life experience to my own.

Beyond Beyond,

That last comment made me laugh! You are of course absolutely correct. I shall heed said advice :wink:

This is as big a deal as you make it. Currently, you’re making it a huge deal. If you want evidence do some research about confirmation bias and influence.

People will notice but if you get hung up about it you will inadvertently influence people to care much more about it. Make something else about you a huge deal.

Take me, if all I did was focus on my enormous penis nobody would know about all the other amazing things about me :laughing:

1 Like

Is this not the evidence you seek? People you know - women you’ve dated - say it’s not your height, but your attitude.

As further evidence, men your approximate height have stated that they do not have a problem finding women and give clear advice to disregard your obsessive concern over height:

Women are agreeing:

I dated a man just a bit shorter than myself (5’6.5"). We didn’t break up over this but I can tell you it was extremely tiresome to have him keep asking if it was a problem for me. His constant harping on the issue absolutely was a problem for me.

2 Likes

it’s not your height; it’s your personality. A number of girls have even told you this, but rather than believe them you’ve chosen to believe it’s your height. I get it - it’s much easier for you to blame your height than just to admit to yourself you’re not as desirable as you think you are.

Think of it like this: no one in this thread has ever seen you, yet in your arguments you come across as kind of snivelling, so all of the people judging you for being snivelling right now are doing so completely independently from your height. Couple your whiny snivelliness with the fact you’re a midget and it’s no real surprise you can’t get girls.

Height can’t change, but being less snivelling will do more for you than if you suddenly grew to 6’ 2".

2 Likes

I would say he has a couple of advantages over normal people. I’ve heard you haven’t really lived until you’ve been fired out of a cannon.

5 Likes

I’ve heard you can pay money in Mexico to beat up a midget. OP could make a little money next time he’s on holiday

1 Like

Look, seriously, come on… how can this possibly be happening solely because of height? The problem here is a simple case of identifying the wrong cause which results in chasing the wrong solution.

2 Likes

If cannons and midget abuse isn’t attractive, he can always star in his own donkey show. US tourists will pay good money to watch a manlet get fucked by a beast of burden.

OP: how do you feel about unprotected Equus sex?

2 Likes

One more thing…

Eye contact

Make eye contact and a lot shit (the height of the bodies of the two humans making eye contact for example) will fade out of importance real quick.

I think this goes for when dealing with guys too. If a tall guy is trying to intimidate you etc. eye contact can go a long way in scaring or intimidating others.

Confidence is generally the solution (your height may be a factor in your lack of success with the women folk) but it probably isn’t as big a factor as you think.

It’s the same with depression really, ie: a depressed person perpetually tells themself that they are depressed for reasons x,y, z etc…though, those are often side issues as opposed to primary cause(s).

As for ‘practical advice’? Only go for shorter women, wear heel inserts, surgery, lol.

The work you need to do here is internal, not practical or external. No easy answers.

not going to lie - I’d probably watch it

I wrestled with two brothers in high school. They were both midgets, or little people, or dwarves, or whatever you want to call it. Literally, like Peter Dinklage midgets. I never measured them (cause that would be weird), but I’m certain neither one was taller than 4’-6". Both of them had girlfriends in high school. Both of them are now married with kids.

Anecdotes aside, I think the elephant in the room is the TRT thing. I imagine having low T doesn’t help with any of this.

Good call: One of my good friends is 5’3” and his fiancé is a smoking hot Asian.

1 Like

I could suspect there’s a “see it coming a mile away” issue, and a whole lot of “it matters too much” going on as well. Though my issues in life were never height related, I’ve had PLENTY of confidence issues.

One thing that helped me tremendously was to refocus my measure of “success” on a daily basis. Talking to people is a big deal for me. Talking to women? Fuggetaboudit. Especially when the goal is to date. I had to throw out all care for the end result, and turn my attention onto the process of what’s called “ladder building”. Casual ice-breakers leading into conversations about benign stuff. My measure became, at first, striking up ONE conversation each day with some one I had never met before. Didn’t matter who, male or female, married or not, kids or not, whatever. And I didn’t care where the conversation went, because that wasn’t the goal. It just had to start. I’d pick the longest lines at the grocery store/Costco, and start a conversation with whoever was behind me in line. Smile, laugh (when appropriate). People are generally drawn to those who are having a good time. But get to where it’s almost a habit of striking up conversations where ever you are with who ever is around you, with no care about the end result.

After a while, when you’ve honed the art of starting conversations a little bit, you can start to narrow your audience a little, but it does a few things: it keeps you in the numbers game (the more times you throw the ball up, the more times it’ll go through the hoop), it raises your confidence in yourself, and removes the desperation that I’m thinking a lot of these ladies are “seeing a mile away”.

Give it a try.

5 Likes

Most lawyers I know are arrogant AF. Don’t let your education let you become an asshole. There are TONS of degrees where people work hard to graduate, having a law degree is no reason to have an attitude.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. I see there is some dark humour in some of the posts, which may or may not be intended to make me laugh at myself which I can do by the way and often do :slight_smile: I think the lack of confidence (which I think stems from the lack of height) is the major issue here and I am going to try and work with a therapist at addressing the underlying reasons for this lack of confidence before I condemn myself to the trash heap!

As for coming across as “snivelling” I completely reject that proposition. I do not want people;s sympathy or “it’s going to be alright” bullshit, I am simply stating the facts that as a short man life can be much much harder than it is for a taller man, and that as such from time to time I can become a little bit depressed and pissed off. I do not want sympathy but agree that feeling sorry for myself will not change things!

1 Like

I am 5’6" tall (so shorter than you), average looking and an introvert and the only only issues I’ve ever had in attracting women has been overcoming my introverted nature. Once I mastered that I was fine. The advice you’re getting here about women being attrached to confidence is spot-on. Talk to any women jus tlike you would one of your mates and try to express genuine interest in what she has to say and you’ll be fine.

2 Likes