T Nation

Data for Lifting on Peak Days?

KSman or others is there data to suggest an advantage to targeting weaker muscles 48 hours after injections when testosterone is at it’s peak?

In other words lifting to build up back on the day immediately after injection any different then waiting until the second day after injection when we know that is the peak level?

Anyone have experience with this? My gut tells me it won’t make that much of a difference. I’m curious to know if repeated targeting of those muscles on the peak day vs the day before or three to four days after injection, etc… have been studied.

Would the muscle group grow larger/faster if worked on peak day or had peak day as it’s rest/repairing time?

Probably no data. But if you feel more able or motivated on such days, that would be a critical success factor.

My thinking is that the hormone status during recovery is logically more important as it is tissue repair and growth that you are seeking. And that is a response to the effects of resistance training.

GH status is also important. Blood sugar inhibits GH release, so no carbs after dinner, no snacks in the evening. Have proteins and amino acids on board after a workout and allow blood sugars to be low to promote daytime GH feeding response that comes with higher amino acids and lower blood sugars in your blood. This will optimize amino acid uptake by the muscles.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Probably no data. But if you feel more able or motivated on such days, that would be a critical success factor.

My thinking is that the hormone status during recovery is logically more important as it is tissue repair and growth that you are seeking. And that is a response to the effects of resistance training.

GH status is also important. Blood sugar inhibits GH release, so no carbs after dinner, no snacks in the evening. Have proteins and amino acids on board after a workout and allow blood sugars to be low to promote daytime GH feeding response that comes with higher amino acids and lower blood sugars in your blood. This will optimize amino acid uptake by the muscles.[/quote]

Man you are the magic eight ball of this forum.

I found some good stuff over on the “steroids” forum. Just searched “training a muscle after an injection”. Lots of insight over there from guys who have tried it all…

Bro Science Alert! ;}

Here’s my 2 cents; I never seem to have an issue with lifting, always seem to be able to get up for a lift. My TRT is 1 injection per week, I still feel strong 6 days later. Now where I do notice it; 2- 3 days after an inject on a run. There are may factors that go into it but I can pound the pavement for 6 miles and produce better times. I just feel like I am laboring less. Maybe more red blood cells for better O2 up take.

So I’d say if you are going to pound high reps on one day, shoot for that 2nd day after an injection. Let me know how you make out.