T Nation

Darwin & Natural Selection

Can you think of a process for natural selection.

We have a few up here in the Great White North. I will give my favorite. This one invovles the ever ellusive, stubborn, and for some reason not extinct, Ice Fisherman.

I know little of the alure this sport has for the Darwinian challenged individuals. It does require a hole in the ice. A shack to sit in while you fish. Of course the one all important aspect of this winter passtime, ICE!

Like the running of the bulls. You can ask yourself “Why” or “What the Fuck, are you nuts”. There can be no reason other than a Darwinian test for survival. Like the running of the bulls. Every spring the Ice Fisherman openly challenges the Darwinian Theory of Natural Selection.

For years I have enjoyed the annual shaking of the head. As the Ice fisherman tests his eminence skills and knowledge against, Spring. Exactly how much weight can melting ice hold. Every year the ice is tested and every year it is proven.

Venturing onto melting ice will result in. The individual themself falling through the ice. Individual and vehicle falling through ice. Individual and vehicle getting stranded on the ice. Said individual falls through ice and dieing!

Need I say anymore!

[quote]streamline wrote:

We have a few up here in the Great White North. I will give my favorite. This one invovles the ever ellusive, stubborn, and for some reason not extinct, Ice Fisherman.

I know little of the alure this sport has for the Darwinian challenged individuals. It does require a hole in the ice. A shack to sit in while you fish. Of course the one all important aspect of this winter passtime, ICE!

Like the running of the bulls. You can ask yourself “Why” or “What the Fuck, are you nuts”. There can be no reason other than a Darwinian test for survival. Like the running of the bulls. Every spring the Ice Fisherman openly challenges the Darwinian Theory of Natural Selection.

For years I have enjoyed the annual shaking of the head. As the Ice fisherman tests his eminence skills and knowledge against, Spring. Exactly how much weight can melting ice hold. Every year the ice is tested and every year it is proven.

Venturing onto melting ice will result in. The individual themself falling through the ice. Individual and vehicle falling through ice. Individual and vehicle getting stranded on the ice. Said individual falls through ice and dieing!

Need I say anymore!

[/quote]

Wait, are you saying that the ice melts in Canada?

Since when is there enough ice in Victoria to fish?

[quote]dianab wrote:
Since when is there enough ice in Victoria to fish?[/quote]

Good point. Maybe that’s their problem.

I won’t mock people for doing something that I think is boring and stupid. Enough people think what I do is boring and stupid.

Whatever blows your skirts up right?

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
streamline wrote:

Need I say anymore!

[/quote]

Canada has a season other than winter? Since when?

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
Testy1 wrote:
streamline wrote:

Need I say anymore!

Canada has a season other than winter? Since when?[/quote]

You’d be surprised. I live in northern BC and it gets to 40c in the summer.

…Then again, it drops to -40c in winter. :frowning:

[quote]Vegg wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
Testy1 wrote:
streamline wrote:

Need I say anymore!

Canada has a season other than winter? Since when?

You’d be surprised. I live in northern BC and it gets to 40c in the summer.

…Then again, it drops to -40c in winter. :frowning:

[/quote]

I know, except for the 40c. I didn’t expect that.

But that’s the same thing for Colorado. Everyone expects it to be cold, but whens it 40c at our elevation, it’s just that much worse.

[quote]dianab wrote:
Since when is there enough ice in Victoria to fish?[/quote]

They (the darwinian challenged) don’t ice fish in Victoria. They go out ocean fishing without checking the weather conditions.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
dianab wrote:
Since when is there enough ice in Victoria to fish?

Good point. Maybe that’s their problem.

I won’t mock people for doing something that I think is boring and stupid. Enough people think what I do is boring and stupid.

Whatever blows your skirts up right?[/quote]

I’m not mocking Ice fishing, just the Darwinian challenged ones.

When it is -20 C, drilling through 3 feet of ice with a manual drill counts as GPP