Darwin Award Nom: Trying to Get a Knut

There are no words.

lol. That was great. I think the polar bear was just trying to play with her.

I volunteered at a zoo when I was a teen, and we used to hear the greatest things over the security radio. My fav:

“SECURITY! Security! A man just tossed his umbrella into the penguin tank and jumped in after it.”

Or another fav:

“Security- security! A man has his pant leg caught halfway over the South American exhibit fence. We need someone to cut him off.”

[quote]Locker121 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Apparently,she greeted the bear with “Ich bin ein Berliner.” The bear mistakenly translated this to “I am a jelly doughnut.”

LOL – Did nobody else appreciate this comment?[/quote]

I did :slight_smile:

oh shit, i just wasted my 100th post on that. damnit

[quote]Oleena wrote:
lol. That was great. I think the polar bear was just trying to play with her.

I volunteered at a zoo when I was a teen, and we used to hear the greatest things over the security radio. My fav:

“SECURITY! Security! A man just tossed his umbrella into the penguin tank and jumped in after it.”[/quote]

remind me never to play with the polar bears … it’s looks like they don’t play fair.

Or it just looks like that ladies an idiot.

[quote]al38 wrote:
tom8658 wrote:
Perhaps they should put some sort of deterrent in the polar bear enclosure. Some sort of fierce creature, for example, that would attack anyone who entered the enclosure.

heh - did you have anything in mind?[/quote]

The karate cat in my avatar would be a good start.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
VKing wrote:
Are there no limits to a person’s stupidity?

BERTRAND RUSSELL:
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do.

ALBERT EINSTEIN:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.
[/quote]

So true…

Yeah… And they’ll get rid of the polar bears.

There’s a goddamn fence, a bigass wall and a fucking ocean between them and she still wants to get over? Did she not see that from beneath there she could never get back up that wall?

Goddamn, they should have just shot her.

Has she provided an explanation yet as to why she did this? I’d be interested in hearing her rationale.

LOL. If i’d been a passer by, I might have thought there were just 5 polar bears.

She’s just a squirrel trying to get a Knut

It just never occurs to people that the largest land predator on the planet might not actually be as cuddly as it appears.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
It just never occurs to people that the largest land predator on the planet might not actually be as cuddly as it appears.[/quote]

But… but… It’s in a zoo!

It’s not like they had a big fence up or anything. Sheesh.