T Nation

Darwin Award Nom: Trying to Get a Knut

It is thought she may have been trying to reach Knut, the world’s most famous polar bear, who hit headlines around the world when he was hand-reared after being abandoned by his mother.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/04/11/woman-mauled-by-polar-bear-at-berlin-zoo-115875-21269959/

What the fuck? Seriously…what is wrong with some people?

On another note if I was a polar bear and her chubby ass jumped in. I’d chew her up. Good protein+fat meal.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
What the fuck? Seriously…what is wrong with some people?

On another note if I was a polar bear and her chubby ass jumped in. I’d chew her up. Good protein+fat meal.[/quote]

Apparently,she greeted the bear with “Ich bin ein Berliner.” The bear mistakenly translated this to “I am a jelly doughnut.”

I’m pissed the video doesn’t show the entire event. The picture is priceless.

and berlin is supposed to have some of the best schools, ha.

lol@ Inhirt Seemaan

Are there no limits to a person’s stupidity?

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
I’m pissed the video doesn’t show the entire event. The picture is priceless.[/quote]

Yeah, no doubt.

Stupid, stupid, person.

[quote]VKing wrote:
Are there no limits to a person’s stupidity? [/quote]

Huh… Nope. There aren’t.

Perhaps they should put some sort of deterrent in the polar bear enclosure. Some sort of fierce creature, for example, that would attack anyone who entered the enclosure.

For some reason the photo looked 100% photoshoped. No one is that stupid, but I clicked the link and was proven wrong once again. Looks like he is taking a giant bite out of her ass.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Apparently,she greeted the bear with “Ich bin ein Berliner.” The bear mistakenly translated this to “I am a jelly doughnut.”[/quote]

LOL – Did nobody else appreciate this comment?

Animals attacking stupid people is always awesome.

That dumb broad is lucky she didn’t get decapitated.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Animals attacking stupid people is always awesome.

That dumb broad is lucky she didn’t get decapitated.[/quote]

I was hoping for a human pinata.

[quote]Locker121 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Apparently,she greeted the bear with “Ich bin ein Berliner.” The bear mistakenly translated this to “I am a jelly doughnut.”

LOL – Did nobody else appreciate this comment?[/quote]

I admit I laughed pretty hard at that.

[quote]tom8658 wrote:
Perhaps they should put some sort of deterrent in the polar bear enclosure. Some sort of fierce creature, for example, that would attack anyone who entered the enclosure.[/quote]

heh - did you have anything in mind?

[quote]al38 wrote:
tom8658 wrote:
Perhaps they should put some sort of deterrent in the polar bear enclosure. Some sort of fierce creature, for example, that would attack anyone who entered the enclosure.

heh - did you have anything in mind?[/quote]

I think he had polar bears in mind.

That video is fucking HILARIOUS! They can’t pull her fat ass out of the water, and she keeps falling back in!

They should have just left her in there for the bears to have something to play with.

Never eat a polar bear liver- it contains lethal amounts of vitamin A. Go ask the Eskimos.

[quote]VKing wrote:
Are there no limits to a person’s stupidity? [/quote]

BERTRAND RUSSELL:
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do.

ALBERT EINSTEIN:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Locker121 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Apparently,she greeted the bear with “Ich bin ein Berliner.” The bear mistakenly translated this to “I am a jelly doughnut.”

LOL – Did nobody else appreciate this comment?

I admit I laughed pretty hard at that. [/quote]

I LOL’d too, but then again I’m pretty late to this thread.