Dark Knight Rises Spoiler Edition

This thread is for people who have seen the movie and want to discuss it.

Lets leave the other thread spoiler free for people who have yet to see it.

SPOIlERS START NOW***************

So what did you guys think of the ending? I enjoyed the movie but the ending really seemed too implausible for me to accept.

Lets get spoiler thingies for this site.

Its not rocket science, other sites have them.

If they make a Robin movie, the villain will be Killer Croc.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
If they make a Robin movie, the villain will be Killer Croc.[/quote]

Why?

Initially, I thought it diminished Batman’s sacrifice when Wayne turned out to be alive. But then I thought that the point of the film was that Wayne/Batman wanted to live, not just die for Gotham. So he could have stayed in “The Bat” and gone down in a blaze of glory, but he chose to live.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Why?[/quote]

In every installment so far Nolan has dropped hints. In TDK Wayne asks Fox if the new armor can protect against dogs, and Fox replies “it’ll work against cats”. Then, when the Wayne Enterprise employee was trying to blackmail Wayne he asks “…what’s next, a rocket ship”? Those are two pretty obvious references to cat woman and the Bat, respectively.

Don’t remember who said it, but when running through the sewers he said “he asked if I saw any giant crocodiles”. There was no point to that purge than a subtle hint.

because that would be awesome

The more I think about the details, the more I find myself being a bit annoyed with this movie:

The ‘Sacrifice’: why? Bats knew he wouldn’t die. why put his nearest and dearest through that shit? only to reappear a week later?

The league of super ninjas: They’re cool, got a great back story etc. BUT in the directors quest to entrench this Batman in reality, they couldn’t do any of their cool super natural stuff and bring Liam motherfucking Neeson back from the dead. Referred to constantly, but i get the feeling that those who aren’t up to scratch with the first Batman or the comics would be ‘who the fuck are these guys again?’

The reveal of Harvey Dent: One guy lied to us 8 YEARS AGO, so lets release all these highly dangerous criminals and reenact the Bolshevik revolution because this scary Terrorist in a mask told us to?

Ya I really hope you’re wrong WF. Batman is the only super hero movie I can stand. If they go the super natural rout it would thoroughly destroy my interest

I may as well post that spoiler I promised in the first thread…

In a recent magazine interview, a rather canny journalist asked Christian Bale if he and Chris Nolan would consider reuniting in years to come to film an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns

Here’s the quote:

It’s not that much of a revelation, but a week ago it would have put the kibosh on Letterman’s ‘Batman dies’ remark. The apology seems to have been a double bluff.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

The ‘Sacrifice’: why? Bats knew he wouldn’t die. why put his nearest and dearest through that shit? only to reappear a week later? [/quote]

He’s a bit of a selfish prick in that dept. He let Alfred and Rachel think he was dead for the best part of a decade in Batman Begins.

How did Robin know Bruce Wayne was Batman?

The said the nuclear bomb had a 5-6mile radius. How could he have possibly survived the blast?

Did Bane have no plans in ever escaping the blast?

Just some points

→ Call me old fashioned, but I liked the fact that he lived.
→ I like the way they introduced Robin, but I hope they don’t make anything of it in a different movie.
→ Liked the plot twist with the girl being the daughter
→ Hathaway is hot. Played her part well.
→ Disappointed in the way Bane just dies and never gets referred to after that point.
→ I feel that the “Pit” element was slightly far fetched. Gets beat up by Bane, goes to the pit. Wakes up, FULLY Recovers, and does something that only one other person has been able to do. And manages to come back to Gotham. All in what, a week?
→ There were times where Batman could have easily killed bane and vice versa, and the daugher-AL-Ghul could have killed Bruce also, but chose not to. I can forgive this, because in the beginning Bruce had a deathwish and Bane/Ghul wanted to see Bruce suffer.
→ The “court room” scene (Death or Exile?) were kind of corny
→ Overall a GREAT FREAKING MOVIE. These points are just me being critical, but seriously guys, relax and enjoy.

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

→ I feel that the “Pit” element was slightly far fetched. Gets beat up by Bane, goes to the pit. Wakes up, FULLY Recovers, and does something that only one other person has been able to do. And manages to come back to Gotham. All in what, a week?
[/quote]

He was down there for several months.

The pit was a metaphorical representation of Ra’s Al Ghul’s Lazarus Pit: escape certain death, return to life. Loved that.

He doesnt recover in a week its like 5 months with a broken back. Gotham is under terror the entire time. It took bruce lee about the same about of time to recover from a similar injury.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Did Bane have no plans in ever escaping the blast?[/quote]

It seemed as though he was ready to go out with the blast. Don’t have any quotes but that’s what I gathered.

How much weight has Morgan Freeman put on? and not in the good way

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Why?[/quote]

In every installment so far Nolan has dropped hints. In TDK Wayne asks Fox if the new armor can protect against dogs, and Fox replies “it’ll work against cats”. Then, when the Wayne Enterprise employee was trying to blackmail Wayne he asks “…what’s next, a rocket ship”? Those are two pretty obvious references to cat woman and the Bat, respectively.

Don’t remember who said it, but when running through the sewers he said “he asked if I saw any giant crocodiles”. There was no point to that purge than a subtle hint.[/quote]
There won’t be a sequel to this movie. Nolan has stated about a million times that this is it for him as far as Batman films go, and he also made very clear that he would NEVER be involved in a Batman project involving Robin. So I doubt that he will turn around and not only make another film, but make it with Robin in it.

Perhaps some other director will come along and pick up on something Nolan left open-ended, but I doubt he’ll actually be involved in the project.

HOWEVER, there was definitely a not-so-subtle reference to one of his upcoming projects; a biopic about Howard Hughes. Not the HH from The Aviator, but the one who spent the last 10-15 years of his life living on a bed in a Vegas penthouse with bottles of his shit and piss all around him. The film will be based on a book by Michael Drosnin called Citizen Hughes that I’ve recommended on this site in the past, and I again HIGHLY recommend the book. It looks like Nolan semi-practiced the idea on Bruce Wayne first.

Here’s a question:

I didn’t catch why the two fights between Batman and Bane seemed so uneven.
In the first fight in the sewer, Bane is absorbing MEAN hits to the face and body and seems to be basically working Batman. Upon Batman’s return, it is much more even and then he gains the upper hand as he starts to break up Bane’s mask with the hits to the face.

What changed?

Second random question: Does Bane not have a belly button?