Daredevil? Powerman and IronFist?!

**(Taken from JoBlo.com)

Marvel has partnered with internet steaming service Netflix to create all-new, original shows based on four of their more popular characters: Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones. But, that’s not all. Apparently, the four shows, which will start out with a 13-episide run each, will culminate in a mini-series of The Defenders, of which all characters will be involved. Seeing as the Marvel Cinematic Universe is already connected to the small screen with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., it would seem that these shows would also tie into it, making for one hell of a crossover.
Here’s the full press release:

Burbank, Calif. â?? November 7, 2013 â?? The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvelâ??s most popular characters exclusively to the worldâ??s leading internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialised programmes leading to a miniseries programming event.

Led by a series focused on â??Daredevilâ?? followed by â??Jessica Jonesâ??, â??Iron Fistâ?? and â??Luke Cageâ??, the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hellâ??s Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen-episode series and a culminating Marvelâ??s â??The Defendersâ?? mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvelâ??s most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

â??This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel’s brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvelâ??s specialty,â?? said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. â??This serialised epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in whatâ??s sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure.â??

â??Marvelâ??s movies, such as â??Iron Manâ?? and Marvelâ??s â??The Avengersâ??, are huge favourites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels,â?? said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. â??With â??House of Cardsâ?? and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and weâ??re thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude.â??

I personally always liked the old Powerman/Ironfist comics. They had a great chemistry, and I personally would be very curious to see how Ironfist translates in the current MMA popular environment.

S

Ya, that’s awesome!

Luke Cage OMG!!!

Excited for this! Always have liked the ‘under-powered’ heroes, those who aren’t demi-gods.

really dont care about any of this until someone with a pair greenlights Deadpool.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
really dont care about any of this until someone with a pair greenlights Deadpool. [/quote]

Did you play the video game? Pretty hilarious!

[quote]Waittz wrote:
really dont care about any of this until someone with a pair greenlights Deadpool. [/quote]

Fox screwed the pooch for themselves on that.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[/quote]

Firefly-

Bastards-

Never forgive, never forget.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

I personally always liked the old Powerman/Ironfist comics. They had a great chemistry, and I personally would be very curious to see how Ironfist translates in the current MMA popular environment.

S[/quote]

Heroes for Hire could work really well as a series, as could Daredevil. The longest-running series are episodic. If they write DD as a courtroom drama like Law & Order with a lawyer who just happens to moonlight as a vigilante it could go places a movie couldn’t. Make his day job as gripping as the super heroics.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[/quote]

Firefly-

Bastards-

Never forgive, never forget. [/quote]

The cream always rises to the top.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[/quote]

Firefly-

Bastards-

The cream always rises to the top. [/quote]

Summer Glau is really fucking hot.

I have nothing else to add to this thread.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[/quote]

Firefly-

Bastards-

x2

[quote]csulli wrote:
Luke Cage OMG!!![/quote]

I have always thought Michael Jai White would make an amazing Luke Cage. He has the build and is a decent actor. He looked massive in Blood and Bone. Would be an interesting move to team up Scott Adkins as Danny Rand(Iron Fist) with him on this plan. He has the build and the skill, acting and athleticism, to pull off Iron Fist. They were good together in Undisputed II, I think they would work well together in something like this. Plus, both of them deserve to move up to A list action stars…

Also, I was hoping for a new gritty Daredevil movie after a director or someone put together this to try to get interest. Would be nice to see a Daredevil movie that was true to the Frank Miller Daredevil or even the Shadowland storyline.

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
Also, I was hoping for a new gritty Daredevil movie after a director or someone put together this to try to get interest. Would be nice to see a Daredevil movie that was true to the Frank Miller Daredevil or even the Shadowland storyline.

Cool clip.

I loved the Daredevil comics that Miller did, and as a kid growing up outside the city, my first impressions of Manhattan were from actually comic books. I remember going to Central Park many years later, and as I looked around the great lawn with its giant rocks and fancy apartment buildings in the very background, I kept thinking about a few scenes from DD where Matt and one of his girlfriends were there. I wondered if Miller actually walked through the same spot where I stood, sketching, coming up with his ideas. As a young wanaa be artist, I felt some sort of connection just being there.

It would be amazing if someone were to take a classic storyline (‘Born Again?’) and actually capture the old, dirty era that some of the real classics conveyed. The young disabled kid (Murdock) coming up in the worst possible environment… man I loved some of those comics.

S

There are some decent Deadpool animation movies (one w/ wolverine)… it’d be a hard movie/series to pull off, though, simply because you’d have to find the perfect actor that can pull off bad ass, humor, and self deprecation, admiration, and annoyance at the same time. Some comedians could pull off all except the bad ass part.

Anyone remember the horrible Flash series of the early 90s?

[quote] MrZsasz wrote:

- YouTube [/quote]

That was part of Joe Carnahan’s pitch for a reboot before the rights returned to Marvel. He’d be a good choice to do the Netflix series. He clearly has an interest in the character.

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:
There are some decent Deadpool animation movies (one w/ wolverine)… it’d be a hard movie/series to pull off, though, simply because you’d have to find the perfect actor that can pull off bad ass, humor, and self deprecation, admiration, and annoyance at the same time. Some comedians could pull off all except the bad ass part.

Anyone remember the horrible Flash series of the early 90s?[/quote]

The Flash series wasn’t really that bad in hindsight. It was gold compared to the Cannon -produced Captain America movie and the Justice League TV pilot.

When he isn’t phoning in his performance as a cocky douche, Ryan Reynolds is a good actor and more than up to the task of playing Deadpool (actually, I think he defaults to douche when he knows the movie is bad)…that ship sailed when he signed up for GL.

Deadpool has to be irreverent and anarchic. Blockbusters are a massive financial investment. Investors want some kind of assurance that they’ll recoup that investment. They don’t want to wrong-foot the audience; they want to pander to them and manipulate them, play it safe.

That’s why Marvel rake it in. Ironically it’s also why Nolan’s Batman was so good: ‘give it to the English guy. Let him do what he wants. It can’t get any worse’.

I haven’t seen that Flash series since it was first on (and I was in high school), so although I remember it being pretty cool, I’m sure it would appear quite different if I were to watch it now compared to my somewhat fading memories.

The benefit of doing TV quality adaptations these days is that CG work is so commonplace that even merely ‘adequate’ effects can be enough to sell a story providing you’ve got the actors skilled enough to bring it all together.

S