T Nation

Dan's 200 Quest

Ok, so wrestling season is officially over and I can get back to the gym on a good 4 day per week schedule. I went from weighing around 270 to being around 247 since October. Now my quest is to be down at 200 before the next wrestling season. Still using my brother’s plan.

ME Upper

Bench:

135 x 10
155 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 3

I remember that 80% of my max on bench was 188, so I went to 195. I feel like I can do more though, that my 1RM is higher than it was.

DB Incline Bench:

60 x 10 x 3

Kind of struggled on the last set. I think it has to do with not doing the exercise in about 3 months though.

Seated Rows:

50 x 10 x 3

Definitely remember doing more weight, but this provided a good challenge and next week I’ll be upping the weight for sure.

Seated DB Cleans:

15 x 10 x 3

First set I used 25’s and was dead so switched to 15s which allowed me to do the exercise right. Felt like such a candy ass though.

Trap Machine Shrugs:

95 x 10 x 3

Traps feel strong still, that’s a positive.

DB Standing Bicep Curl:

20 x 10 x 3

Again, felt like a candy ass but really had good resistance on the exercise. Feel like I will be curling way more in a few short weeks.

Used the crash mats at the gym to hit some penetration steps and sprawls, when my work out partner comes I’m going to have him drill simple moves with me this way I can keep the muscle memory, plus it’s way better than running to do wrestling moves.

Feel free to comment!

glad to see you back in the game bro! Congrats on the weight loss so far! For those of you who don’t know my bro’s down over 60lbs already and losing more!!!

Will update your training as soon as possible, been busy at work and prepping for this meet, but I feel some complexes and more grappling/wrestling/mma style training coming your way bro. Good way for me to try out some new ideas too guinea pig…

KEEP IT UP!!! And is Spanish your partner???

Ok, so yesterday I hit the gym then went out with some dudes in town for the weekend, a little late updating but here goes.

DE Lower

Squat - Tested Max

135 x 5
180 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 3
275 x 2

I feel like if I put 300 on there I would have made 1, but I was on the smith machine and didn’t have a spotter so I figured it was a good idea not to mess with it.

Depth Jump

5 jumps

Hardest thing to do was time the jump right, but it was good, only question, is it a straight vertical jump or do I want to bring up my legs as high as I can when jumping?

Bulgarian Split Squat

30 x 3 x 10

Felt weak doing it. Was really happy it was over. Don’t know if that’s from testing the 1RM or if it’s just the face that I haven’t done it.

Romanian Dead Lift

30 x 3 x 10

Last set felt right, but again I haven’t done the movements since October so I’m sure there was rust involved. That was frustrating.

DB Side Bends:

15 x 3 x 10

Weight was probably too light but was doing the movement right.

Have massive DOMS today. Particularly in my quads and glutes I’m aching. That means I probably shouldn’t have went out drinking last night. Also means I’m probably getting old like Scuba.

Are you normally squatting on a smith?

Hey man congrats on your weight loss so far. I’m right there with you on the end goal and the time frame. Best of luck to you! I’ll be keeping an eye on your progress. Keep working hard!

no more squatting in the smith machine!!!

and I’m not getting old, i’m getting wiser, i’ll be 26 soon, you’ll be almost 30 haha.

Find a power rack and set the pins to help you out if you have to bail, you can’t possibly squat w/ proper technique in a smith, hate that thing…

if you have questions then pick up the phone and call me!!!