Dani's Rebel Log 🏴‍☠️

Seriously, I was just joking. I have several vegan clients and believe for some it’s a good fit. I even dabbled with it in college for about 6 months. It’s not the best route for me, but you do you!!

2 Likes

I think that’s the only face our vegan friend makes. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

For real! I slept funny literally a month ago, and my neck/ traps are still sore. I even went for a deep tissue massage… to recover from sleeping!

3 Likes

You was just joking, and me too!!! :grin:

Gne gne gne :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Last week was so weird with my jacked up neck and traps, that I didn’t really log workouts. They were just whatever I could do.

But I’m in the DFW airport waiting for a flight back to Colorado — delayed again — so now’s as good a time as any for a chat here. And maybe I can get your feedback on something.

I’ll show you the dress I wore for the wedding. If you scroll up you can see the struggle I had finding the right one. I probably bought about 12 or 13; most were returnable at least.

I’m actually considering Botox for what women call “the angry elevens” or those muscles that form two parallel lines in the middle of the forehead between the eyebrows. The pictures below don’t show how bad mine have gotten because in certain lighting situations they’re not visible. In others, they definitely are. Got any experience with that? What are your general thoughts on Botox, and is there a way to relax those forehead muscles without it?

7 Likes

You look great!

Botox is actually an impressive drug with a lot of indications. I recognize you’re only looking at one, but it has stayed branded forever because it’s shown benefit for everything from hernia repair to migraine treatment.

If you go that route, don’t go cheap. Go somewhere that this is what they do all the time. You don’t want facial paralysis or a palsy when you’re just trying to like your photos a little better!

1 Like

Beautiful! I don’t think you need Botox just different hair and makeup. The contours make your face look very long and angular. I understand you have to do what makes you feel good about yourself but, I don’t think it’s needed. Yet! :rofl:

3 Likes

Okay this is fantastic information. So would a dermatologist’s office be a good place to go? Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Yeah or a plastic surgeon or even some of the aesthetic clinics like Ideal Image. Just don’t have some dentist or diabetes management NP that got certified last weekend do it.

Edit: and that’s not to put them down! They’re absolutely capable; you just want someone with experience. There’s a lot of nerves in your face.

1 Like

My hair and makeup are as good as they are ever going to get. :joy:

Unfortunately changing those won’t make the muscles between my eyebrows less tense. But I also didn’t post the bad pictures.

1 Like

Feel free to put down anyone who might damage the nerves in peoples’ faces! :laughing:

1 Like

It’s just so easy to do that it doesn’t mean they suck. You just want to minimize your own risk.

1 Like

Weren’t you criticizing us dudes on here for being too harsh on ourselves?

Your doing the same thing to yourself. You look great.

We all have a ton of things we want to improve/change about ourselves (hence finding ourselves on a lifting forum) but I really don’t think you need to change much.

3 Likes

Thank you for the sweet comment. It means a lot.

1 Like

As a fellow woman, I totally feel your insecurities and self-criticisms regarding fine lines, wrinkles, and appearance in general - we are conditioned to think we need to look a certain way, a certain age, etc. I’m 43 now, and there are a lot of things I’d like to fix/change, but damn it, why? We’ve earned our lines, little wrinkles, our couple of gray hairs. It’s real and it’s who we are - not something we’re pretending to be. I’m trying really hard to just feel good in my body and be okay with how I look as I get older. It’s tough, but it’s real and I’m a big fan of keeping it real.

Also, for the record, I think you look great. There are a lot of women who would pay money to look as good as you do. My vote, just be real, be natural, and be YOU!!! :heart:

3 Likes

A fantastic italian actress (Anna Magnani) told her make up artist: “leave me all the wrinkles, don’t take one away from me. It took me a lifetime to make them!”

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing such lovely thoughts. :two_hearts:

1 Like

That’s awesome. :smiling_face:

I finally pulled the trigger on Botox, guys! What do you think?

Just kidding. I haven’t done crap except work, workout, shoot guns, walk dogs, date my husband, clean house, and some other stuff. No time to worry about wrinkles!

Last week I didn’t log workouts because they were pretty lame. I was working around a messed up neck/trap area. This week, I have no excuse, so here goes.

Monday’s Workout: Lower Body-ish

Superset of these things:
Leg Press: 3 sets of 10
Walking Lunge: Ten wide steps away from machine, 10 steps back

Start the round over ever 3 minutes. This combo made me incredibly sore!

Smith Machine RDL
4 sets of 10-12 reps

I used slow reps at first to feel the tension in the hams and glutes and then sped them up slightly.

Abduction (butt lifter) Machine

3 sets of 15 full ROM plus partials in the mid-range or bottom range

(My legs were toast after this, but Chris was still lifting, so then I did some upper body stuff. This is one reason I can’t imagine following a program that leaves no option to improvise.)

Dips: 4 sets of 5 slow reps
Machine lateral raise: 3 sets of iso-holds at the top, drop sets, full range reps and partials

Today’s Workout: Upper Body

Machine Chest Press:
Warm-up set: 90 pounds x 15 full ROM reps with 10 partials at peak
Working sets: 4 sets of 10 reps using 140 pounds
Back-off set: 90 pounds for 15 reps

I did some banded external rotation work between sets. And started a new set every three minutes.

Superset of these things:
Banded Single-Arm, Straight Arm Pulldowns: 4 sets of 8-10 reps each side
Dips: 4 sets of 7 reps

My chest was toast during this but I was waiting on the T-Bar row.

T-Bar Row: 5 sets of 10 controlled reps with pauses at the top

This last exercise was tough because I haven’t been doing much for back. But I wanted to stress out my mid back area a little so that the masseuse has some angry muscles to dig into. That makes zero sense now that I write it out. Also the pinchy pain near my right scap is gone, so maybe taking it easy did the trick.

Oh yeah, the deep tissue massage I was supposed to get a few weeks ago kept getting pushed back because the masseuse got sick, then her kiddo got sick, and I just decided to err on the side of caution and avoid going over there till everyone was well.

Also cold weather makes me introverted. Can you relate to this? So that means I LOVE having excuses to not go places or be around people when it’s freezing.

Here’s someone I want to hang out with all the freaking time:

We went shooting over the weekend and then found a cute little brewery in Old Colorado City. This was a peachy sour beer. I drink maybe once or twice a month and never have the whole thing. So when people say it’s impossible to have alcohol and be fit, I always question that.

What’s your stance on alcohol?

6 Likes

That sounds like an amazing week.

I relate to this so much as of late. I was getting pretty rigid with plans, but since December I have been running a “what machine is open now?” Program. It’s the best!

So much. I like about 5 people on this planet. I will use any excuse to not talk to people.

You two are so cute!

1 Like