Dani Chats: Fitness, Rants, Hobbies

Upper Body-ish Day!

100 unbroken leg presses
This takes about as long as Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana. Also, that seems to be a good tempo for these. Except it’s depressing. Recommend a song for me that lasts about 4 minutes and 45-ish seconds.

Wait a minute. WAIT. A. FREAKING. MINUTE.

I just went to the 100 leg press article and watched the video of the athlete doing it. His 100 reps take two minutes and 45 seconds, but mine are taking 4 minutes and 45 seconds!

The main difference? My reps seem a lot more controlled, and it appears as though I’m using a greater range of motion. Example of my ROM:

This is not a criticism of the athlete in the video, just a revelation that if I want to, I can make these a heck of a lot easier. Maybe I won’t though. My legs are feeling good, knees feel awesome, and I’m enjoying the torture.

Onward.

A1. Dips: 4 sets of 7 reps
A2. Banded Straight Arm Pulldowns: Enough to feel the muscles

B1. Hammer Strength Chest Press: 6 sets of 10, 8, 5, 5, 8, 10 reps
First set: 90 pounds
Second set: 110 pounds
Third set: 140 pounds
Fourth set: 140 pounds
Fifth set: 110 pounds
Sixth set: 90 pounds

B2. Banded External Rotation Exercise for Shoulders

Compound Set There’s a video of this above somewhere.
C1. Seated Cable Row: 4x10-12
C2. Arnold Press: 4x15-20
C3. Bent-Over Lateral Raise: 4x10

So the thing about training instinctively is that I don’t usually predetermine the reps. I start the exercise and feel it out. I just did the amount that felt sufficiently challenging without completely hitting failure. And that’s why there’s a range of reps here.

My upper body workouts used to be mainly a back day with some other stuff sprinkled in, but because of the chronic painchy pain in my right low trap and scap area, I’m taking it easy on back. Not sure why I feel the need to explain that every time, but there you have it!

5 Likes