Danielle’s Training Journal

Time to get serious about training! My husband (wanna_be) has a training journal on here and recommended I make one to keep track of my progress and workouts. So here I go…

Right now I’m doing a basic weight lifting workout and super setting every set with some things to keep my heart rate as high as possible.

Starting out I will be doing full body for a while and reevaluate later, possibly switching to a PPL split.

I plan to use double progression, if I hit my weight and rep goal during the week consistently, the following week I will up the reps, if I make the new added reps the. The following week I will up the weight and go back to the original reps and continue in that fashion.

Main movements with starting weight and base reps/sets:

Back squats 3x10 135lbs
Bench press 4x5 75lbs
RDL 3x10 135lbs
OHP 4x6 65lbs
TRX strap rows 3x15

Accessories I’ll SS in between lifts:

Battle ropes
Butt kicks
High knees
Jumping jacks
Burpees
Lying leg raises

1 Like

First workout!

Squats

135 x 10
135 x 10
135 x 10

SS with jumping jacks

Bench press

75 x 5
75 x 5
75 x 5
75 x 5

SS with lying leg raises

RDL

135 x 10
135 x 10
135 x 10

SS with jumping jacks

OHP

65 x 6
65 x 6
65 x 6
65 x 6

SS with high knees

TRX ROWS

3 sets of 15

SS with battle ropes

4 Likes

Second workout!

Same as yesterday’s, but had some trouble with RDL!

Squats

135 x 10
135 x 10
135 x 10

SS with jumping jacks

Bench press

75 x 5
75 x 5
75 x 5
75 x 5

SS with lying leg raises

RDL

135 x 10
135 x 10
135 x 7

SS with jumping jacks

My hammies were super sore from yesterday but I pumped out as many as I could. Felt a little discouraged that I could do them all yesterday, but I failed to get those last 3 in… but I tried my hardest!

OHP

65 x 6
65 x 6
65 x 6
65 x 6

SS with high knees

TRX ROWS

3 sets of 15

SS with battle ropes

2 Likes

Good workout :slight_smile:

Nice! There can’t be very many couples on here. Maybe one day I can convince my girlfriend to start a log here, but that’s wishful thinking.

1 Like

She out works me too :joy:

1 Like

Hi, Danielle :slight_smile: What’s your curent bodyweight ?

I’m on the bigger side, 240lbs.

But working to get it off and get healthy!

1 Like

Oh don’t get us wrong we argue and he pushes me until I could punch him :joy: but without him I couldn’t do it! Tell your girlfriend to hop on and start one! It took me a while to start one too!

1 Like

You know what I might actually give it a shot. First I gotta convince her to start lifting consistently :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s up? Nice to see you around here. Ever need any advice for whatever I’m on here fairly regularly.