Daniel Tosh, Preachin!

He’s a funny dude and that’s a really clever show. I dig it. The only thing wrong with it is Todd Glass being on camera now and again. That guy isn’t funny to me.

I’ll wait a few weeks and then on a slow Sunday morning watch a bunch of them back to back on demand.

As for his standup, it’s pretty good. His “I’m just like everyone else but I’m better than you” personna is hilarious.

“Ever tried to frown on a waverunner?”

Comdedy Central has been known to suck the soul out of funny people.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
I have never understood the appeal of Tosh.0

-Memes are sometimes 1-2 months old AND
-Awkwardly scripted one liners delivered by douchey looking guy AND
-Canned audience laughter AND
-Filmed on green screen

I can’t imagine how awful it would be to see this show in person…are they just sitting there watching him on the green screen with fake laughter played on the loudspeakers? Just…weird…

Apparently his standup is funny though…but i’m too biased against his show to give it a go…[/quote]

He actually has a live audience, how he looks matters why? [/quote]

Was that two separate thoughts, or one? I wasn’t clear.

I realize that he has a “live audience”, which is why I said how awful it would be to watch the show in person…you would just sit in some bleachers watching a guy talk in front of a green screen…they would have to look at a side monitor to even see the viral videos, which is the whole point of the show in the first place…at that point, why would you even go to the show?

And the laughter is definitely canned…unless every single audience for every single show happens to laugh at the exact same intensity and duration for every single joke…maybe the canned laughter is necessary because he’s not really that funny in person?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

-Filmed on green screen

I can’t imagine how awful it would be to see this show in person…are they just sitting there watching him on the green screen with fake laughter played on the loudspeakers? Just…weird…

Apparently his standup is funny though…but i’m too biased against his show to give it a go…[/quote]

I realize that he has a “live audience”, which is why I said how awful it would be to watch the show in person…you would just sit in some bleachers watching a guy talk in front of a green screen…they would have to look at a side monitor to even see the viral videos, which is the whole point of the show in the first place…at that point, why would you even go to the show? And the laughter is definitely canned…unless every single audience for every single show happens to laugh at the exact same intensity and duration for every single joke…maybe the canned laughter is necessary because he’s not really that funny in person?
[/quote]

Too each his own, I enjoy the sarcasm and wit, so I have not even listened to the audience. Comedy is like that some people just do not like certain comedians for whatever reasons. I dont think you can ever “grow” on some people he is not your cup of tea.

The problem with something like Comedy Central is that they get ahold of a comedian and want to sign a contract, which obligates the comedian to pump out material at a FASTER rate than they normally would. It’s really tough to be funny SO fucking often.

Maybe that’s why CC “sucks the soul” out of some comedians. ALthough, I never paid attention to that.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

-Filmed on green screen

I realize that he has a “live audience”, which is why I said how awful it would be to watch the show in person…you would just sit in some bleachers watching a guy talk in front of a green screen…they would have to look at a side monitor to even see the viral videos, which is the whole point of the show in the first place…at that point, why would you even go to the show?

And the laughter is definitely canned…unless every single audience for every single show happens to laugh at the exact same intensity and duration for every single joke…maybe the canned laughter is necessary because he’s not really that funny in person?
[/quote]

Essentially your going to watch Daniel Tosh do standup for 30+ minutes for free as a audience member. He’s a funny bastard and a lot of his stuff gets censored out. I am not sure how often you watch the show but he does have good audience interaction and I honestly don’t think its canned laughter. You must be mistaking this show for Americas Funniest Home Videos.

haha i swear the laughter sounds canned to me…it kinda is like watching AFHV!!!

I can see the lack of censorship being a draw to watch in person though…

I may give his standup a shot and see if my opinion changes…

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

-Filmed on green screen

[/quote]

Essentially your going to watch Daniel Tosh do standup for 30+ minutes for free as a audience member.[/quote]
I think it might be longer than that. He did a 45 minute Spoiler Alert not too long ago, of course they edited it down for the show.

You guys actually think this guy is funny…?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
You guys actually think this guy is funny…?[/quote]

Holy shit we agree on something? Time for me to start another Starting Strength argument before things get…weird…

[quote]mr popular wrote:

Well I would have to say yes, also I guess since he actually has a show that has numerous seasons and now a stand-up special that a couple million people do find him funny.

I never understand why people who do not find someone funny insist on trying to convince other people that they are not funny.

[quote]mr popular wrote:

When is sexism NOT funny?

The man is hilarious!

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]mr popular wrote:

Well I would have to say yes, also I guess since he actually has a show that has numerous seasons and now a stand-up special that a couple million people do find him funny.

I never understand why people who do not find someone funny insist on trying to convince other people that they are not funny. [/quote]

This is not me trying to convince anyone that he isn’t funny, this is me being shocked that so many people actually think he is.

Though now that you mention it, I guess Justin Bieber’s popularity must mean that he is really talented, and the millions of Megan Fox fans can attest to her flawless acting skills in the movies she keeps being given.

Has this guy ever told a joke that isn’t just an explicit put-down that he thinks is supposed to be shocking or “over the line” (delivered clumsily)? You know… an actual JOKE, with an actual setup and punchline?

Fuck tosh. He sucks.

^ See told you. And for that we thank you.

Just busting your balls man dont go all Mr Unpopular.

Tosh is the voice of this generation.

[quote]mr popular wrote:

Shut up, hipster.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]mr popular wrote:

Shut up, hipster.[/quote]
Implying that Tosh isnt a hipster himself.

To each his own. I know a lot of people who like Dane Cook, but I don’t think that guy is funny at all.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]mr popular wrote:

Shut up, hipster.[/quote]
Implying that Tosh isnt a hipster himself.[/quote]

He’s a Dolphins fan, so I’m pretty sure liking football disqualifies him from hipstertude.

Although, purposeful irony is one of the only real reasons I can see for being a Dolphins fan.

Sill though, he’s funny and makes people laugh. The only emotion Mr. Popular stirs up in people is the one that says “oh please shut the fuck up about how much you hate Starting Strength, already”. And contempt.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
The only emotion Mr. Popular stirs up in people is the one that says “oh please shut the fuck up about how much you hate Starting Strength, already”. And contempt.[/quote]

I never understand why people who do not find someone funny insist on trying to convince other people that they are not funny.