Dangers Cooking With Foreman Grill

Several of you folks need to get your blood pressure checked… I am amazed at the intensity of some of the responses. It was a question, not a proclamation… sheesh, go eat a xanax popsicle already.

I’ve used the Foreman grill since college, which was the mid-90’s and never thought twice about it… nor did I ever hear anything negative about the cooking surface. So, when I am reading an article here on T-Nation summarizing Poliquin’s weeklong seminar and it states unequivically that cooking with the Foreman Grill is bad due to metal (titanium I think it was) leaching off the cooking surface… it makes me think twice about it. Poliquin is not exactly a cook, and in my mind makes the topic worth discussing. I would feel differently if it were some yahoo like Kevin Trudeau pitching a message on a 3am infomercial… but Poliquin is a different story and I assume he has some justification (in his mind at least) to have such a strong opinion on the matter.

I was just at the doctor.

BP was 120/70

[quote]j77 wrote:
Several of you folks need to get your blood pressure checked… I am amazed at the intensity of some of the responses. It was a question, not a proclamation… sheesh, go eat a xanax popsicle already.

I’ve used the Foreman grill since college, which was the mid-90’s and never thought twice about it… nor did I ever hear anything negative about the cooking surface. So, when I am reading an article here on T-Nation summarizing Poliquin’s weeklong seminar and it states unequivically that cooking with the Foreman Grill is bad due to metal (titanium I think it was) leaching off the cooking surface… it makes me think twice about it. Poliquin is not exactly a cook, and in my mind makes the topic worth discussing. I would feel differently if it were some yahoo like Kevin Trudeau pitching a message on a 3am infomercial… but Poliquin is a different story and I assume he has some justification (in his mind at least) to have such a strong opinion on the matter.[/quote]

I don’t follow most of the authors who contribute to this site, but it has become very apparent recently that Poliquin exaggerates quite a bit. I am not sure if it is to instigate the very controversy that has us talking about him, but my guess is that is why he does this…so we talk about him.

Some of you need to realize that these are businessmen, not unbiased scientists.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
I was just at the doctor.

BP was 120/70[/quote]

Congratulations on your bp. By the tone of your messages, you sound like a kid still in high school or college. Keep up the good work… good to see that you continue to add value to the forums.

Why use a forman grill anyway?

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Why use a forman grill anyway?[/quote]

Cause it’s easy and doesn’t take much time…and because meat tastes good.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

Why not? It’s cheap and works. The reason I don’t worry about one now is because I can afford a real grill. I had several all of the way through school. I grill too much at one time now anyway for it to fit on one of those.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

were lazy thats why

[quote]j77 wrote:

good to see that you continue to add value to the forums.
[/quote]

I’m was just ribbin’ a little man, relax.

“Michael burns his foot while grilling bacon on his George Foreman grill.”

The dangers are real.

[quote]ready wrote:

“Michael burns his foot while grilling bacon on his George Foreman grill.”

The dangers are real.[/quote]

"I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon. Sue me. And since I don’t have a butler, I have to do it myself…so, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay out 6 strips of bacon out on my foreman grill.

Then, I go to sleep. When I wake up I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again, then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it’s good for me, it’s a perfect way to start the day. Today I got up, I stepped on to the grill and it clamped on to my foot. That’s it. I don’t see what’s so hard to believe about that."

reminds me of someone here.

Dont worry about it. Microwaving plastic bowls can cause cancer too. You never hear of it happening.

[quote]nichaaron wrote:

reminds me of someone here.[/quote]

F*cken funny!

after reading this discussion, you guys should check out the website about “dihydrogen monoxide” at www.dhmo.org. I assume you’ll get the point.
Paul

[quote]middlleagedguy wrote:
after reading this discussion, you guys should check out the website about “dihydrogen monoxide” at www.dhmo.org. I assume you’ll get the point.
Paul[/quote]

I doubt that. Some may.

Paul[/quote]

Those melting polar ice caps are “leaching” more and more of that scary stuff into our environment. Kinda makes you wonder just how many future generations can be supported by this planet.

Paul[/quote]

I’m battling a mean case of otitis externa because of that stuff.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
middlleagedguy wrote:
Paul

I’m battling a mean case of otitis externa because of that stuff.[/quote]

really I wonder why I usually drink the stuff never causes me any harm

110/60: RHR 50