Dangers Cooking With Foreman Grill

How bad is it really to cook with the Foreman Grill? I’ve seen a couple negative references to heavy metal leaching into foods in the Poliquin Seminar Summary article and several threads here on T-Nation.

Is aluminum foil really effective/safe at preventing this potential issue? Any other solutions when other alternative cooking options are not available??

Where did you read about using Al foil on the Foreman?

[quote]j77 wrote:
How bad is it really to cook with the Foreman Grill? I’ve seen a couple negative references to heavy metal leaching into foods in the Poliquin Seminar Summary article and several threads here on T-Nation.

Is aluminum foil really effective/safe at preventing this potential issue? Any other solutions when other alternative cooking options are not available?[/quote]

Some of you sit and worry about the most ridiculous shit.

I am betting we get no proof of “heavy metal leaching”, huh? But let’s be afraid of it anyway.

What do some of you eat since everything is off limits?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
j77 wrote:

Is aluminum foil really effective/safe at preventing this potential issue? Any other solutions when other alternative cooking options are not available?

I am betting we get no proof of “heavy metal leaching”, huh? But let’s be afraid of it anyway.

What do some of you eat since everything is off limits?[/quote]

I use the forman grill for everything
its so easy and quick.

the metals are no different than using a nonstick pan over and over.

cant beat putting a frozen chicken breast on the forman,popin some scrambled eggs with vegis in the microwave go in do my morning glory and have breakfast ready when i finish.

or is the radiation from the microwave going to hurt me too?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
j77 wrote:

Is aluminum foil really effective/safe at preventing this potential issue? Any other solutions when other alternative cooking options are not available?

What do some of you eat since everything is off limits?[/quote]

I like to cook tuna on it while letting my fillings be activated by the microwave to get maximum absorption of the protein. Oh yeah, while bathing myself in peanut butter

LOL…LOL, nice…very nice.

What heavy metal? Perhaps you mean teflon?

but wait - aluminium causes dementia when applied directly to the brain of a cat, surely you wouldn’t use alu foil?!!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
What heavy metal? Perhaps you mean teflon?[/quote]

Yeah, I would assume so.

We should just start farming our own fruits and veg, and raise our own livestock, and eat everything raw.

Or,if the George Foreman grill is such a health hazard, maybe we should learn to cook using real cookware.
Nah.

I wouldnt say this is dangerous as much as it is annoying. I found that after cooking with the Foreman Grill after so long, the non-stick surface is not so non-stick. I found that chicken breasts dont slide off so easy. And fish, forget about it. It gets mutilated. The leaching business is something I am not qualified to speak on, but its reputation for non-stick remains questionable at best.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I wouldnt say this is dangerous as much as it is annoying. I found that after cooking with the Foreman Grill after so long, the non-stick surface is not so non-stick. I found that chicken breasts dont slide off so easy. And fish, forget about it. It gets mutilated. The leaching business is something I am not qualified to speak on, but its reputation for non-stick remains questionable at best. [/quote]

I don’t know of any pot or pan that was non-stick that lasted forever. I am not understanding why you have labeled the Foreman grill as such and not every other product on the market.

Even my nutrition textbook says the iron from pans is so minutely small it doesn’t matter.

Honestly…theres not even close to enough to be toxic, and by stressing about all this stuff in an attempt to prolong your life, your just gonna shorten it by dying of a stress induced heart attack.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Even my nutrition textbook says the iron from pans is so minutely small it doesn’t matter.

Honestly…theres not even close to enough to be toxic, and by stressing about all this stuff in an attempt to prolong your life, your just gonna shorten it by dying of a stress induced heart attack.[/quote]

But…what about plastic, barbecue grills, paint, sun, sugar, too much water, too little sun, too much stress, protein, fat, carbs, ozone, dental care, car exhaust…and tons of other risks that are microscopic or that we don’t know about yet?

A healthy outlook including a mental state that accepts YOU WILL DIE will keep people from majoring in the minors. It is no coincidence that the people who truly concern themselves with all of these possibilities are usually the least developed.

Life is not risk free. I can see making wise choices, but fear mongering all for the sake of sounding more educated just because you can ramble off a list of life risks just makes you sound stupid and gullible.

[quote]j77 wrote:
How bad is it really to cook with the Foreman Grill? I’ve seen a couple negative references to heavy metal leaching into foods…[/quote]

Not sure about heavy metal, but I did have some gangsta rap leach into my chicken once.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
j77 wrote:
How bad is it really to cook with the Foreman Grill? I’ve seen a couple negative references to heavy metal leaching into foods…

Not sure about heavy metal, but I did have some gangsta rap leach into my chicken once.

[/quote]

You must have been grilling at the park on those old charcoal grills set up by the picnic tables.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
j77 wrote:
How bad is it really to cook with the Foreman Grill? I’ve seen a couple negative references to heavy metal leaching into foods…

You must have been grilling at the park on those old charcoal grills set up by the picnic tables.[/quote]

lol I guess things are the same everywhere.

[quote]rsg wrote:
We should just start farming our own fruits and veg, and raise our own livestock, and eat everything raw.[/quote]

including the livestock?

[quote]robo1 wrote:
rsg wrote:
We should just start farming our own fruits and veg, and raise our own livestock, and eat everything raw.

including the livestock?[/quote]

Ofcourse!

We can make sure it’s still warm and graze like lions at the carcass.

Why would we want to have the worry of metals and plastics leaking into the meat? HUH!