Dan Rather Racist

Aaaaannnd… Where’s the outrage by the MSM? Imagine if Limbaugh or Hannity had said this.

What’s so racist about that? Shit, Limbaugh has shown racism to be a pattern of behavior for him, whereas this is (as far as we know) an isolated incident, if it’s even an incident at all.

Apparently there are racially sensitive foods…

Dude, this pic is for you ^ don’t jump on a boat until you watch the link jajaja

I agree with DBC, where is the racist comment?

I think it’s more racist to automatically associate the word “watermelon” with racism from whites directed toward blacks than it is to say the word “watermelon.”

Guys, I think the point is that, if someone like Limbaugh would have said it, there would have been an outcry in the media. All the lefties would be calling him racist. But for some reason, it’s not racist when someone else says something like this.

I agree that it’s not racist. I also agree that the media would be calling it racist if certain people had said the same thing.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
What’s so racist about that? Shit, Limbaugh has shown racism to be a pattern of behavior for him, whereas this is (as far as we know) an isolated incident, if it’s even an incident at all.[/quote]

You mean all those unsighted, falsely attributed quotes from wiki? Pray tell, what are some of those racist things he’s said or done?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Guys, I think the point is that, if someone like Limbaugh would have said it, there would have been an outcry in the media. All the lefties would be calling him racist. But for some reason, it’s not racist when someone else says something like this.

I agree that it’s not racist. I also agree that the media would be calling it racist if certain people had said the same thing.[/quote]

this.

Two things:

1. The mods changed the title of the thread to “Dan Rather Racist”. The original title was “Dan Rather: " Obama couldn’t sell watermelons”

2. The entire point of this thread was to expose some of that good ol’ hypocrisy that: 'this guy can say this, and that guy can’t.

So far I havent’ seen a peep out of the MSM about this, but you know damn well if somebody like Limabaugh had said this, it would be headline news and Sharpton and Jackson would be calling for his head. That’s all.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

I agree that it’s not racist. I also agree that the media would be calling it racist if certain people had said the same thing.[/quote]

this.[/quote]
Yes. Not much else to say. Rather is no racist, but you can be damn sure if some conservative had said this it would be armageddon.

I don’t get the watermelon and fried chicken stuff as racist. Growing up, I loved watermelon. We only had it in thew summer here in Pa. I also loved fried chicken, which to me might be the best combo of smelling and tasting food ever. Pizza , of course is right there also.

I never got the old watermelon fried chicken eating thing. Everyone I knew loved both and most people I knew are white from that time.

But you’re right Tiribulus. a conservative says this and armegeddon would reult.