T Nation

Dan Marino-Sells His Soul

Is anyone else fed up with Dan (and his pastel clothes) selling a “plan” to his followers?

[quote]wqp3 wrote:
Is anyone else fed up with Dan (and his pastel clothes) selling a “plan” to his followers?[/quote]

Not familiar with said “plan”, but he has a cheesy restaurant here in downtown St. Pete where most of the local yuppie jerkoffs go to swill overprice daquiris.

That I could live with, but he also does AutoWay commercials with this horrible rip-off of Ray Parker Jr.'s “Ghostbusters” playing in the background:

“Who ya gonna call? AUTOWAY!!!”

Does anyone know if he wrecked his personal finances or something? I mean, why would a retired, former top-notch athlete go hawking used cars unless he was desperate?


Oh, man, I totally forgot about this! Bumped into this image in Google.

Nutrisystem?

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
That I could live with, but he also does AutoWay commercials with this horrible rip-off of Ray Parker Jr.'s “Ghostbusters” playing in the background:

“Who ya gonna call? AUTOWAY!!!”
[/quote]

wow that is extra-cheesy because “ghostbusters” is itself a cheesy rip-off of “i want a new drug”.

I was watching his NFL show the other day on HBO, and Cris Carter made a comment about that. He said ‘Dan will sell anything, he’s a spokesperson for anything. Heck, if he was the mayor of Miami, he would sell that too.’

Dan looked kinda shocked he said that, and had a nervous laugh, but the other guys were laughing pretty hard.

He should have stuck with Isotoner gloves.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
I was watching his NFL show the other day on HBO, and Cris Carter made a comment about that. He said ‘Dan will sell anything, he’s a spokesperson for anything. Heck, if he was the mayor of Miami, he would sell that too.’

Dan looked kinda shocked he said that, and had a nervous laugh, but the other guys were laughing pretty hard.

He should have stuck with Isotoner gloves.[/quote]

Allegedly, Marino is a tool in public. a friend told me he was on a charter with him one time for some deep sea fishing and he was told he was never allowed back on that boat due to his pain in the ass demands and attitude towards the crew and everyone else.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
I was watching his NFL show the other day on HBO, and Cris Carter made a comment about that. He said ‘Dan will sell anything, he’s a spokesperson for anything. Heck, if he was the mayor of Miami, he would sell that too.’

Dan looked kinda shocked he said that, and had a nervous laugh, but the other guys were laughing pretty hard.

He should have stuck with Isotoner gloves.

Allegedly, Marino is a tool in public. a friend told me he was on a charter with him one time for some deep sea fishing and he was told he was never allowed back on that boat due to his pain in the ass demands and attitude towards the crew and everyone else.

[/quote]

I can believe that, seeing as how he can’t even maintain professionalism in a gravy ass gig like reading a cue card at Inside the NFL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXLsNLBuE6Y

I’d love to hear some details of that fishing boat incident.

I can’t imagine going on tv and telling everyone that I had fallen apart and was now getting back to my fighting weight due to buying a meal plan. Maybe I should be embarrassed of my own high expectations of him. Seems like everything is for sale now. Even our pride.

Marino sold his soul a while back - now it’s just ridiculous.

Here in South Florida, he’s been plugging Maroone Auto Mall since his playing days (and No, I wouldn?t buy a car from them).

Have you seen his new Nutrisystem commercial??? It’s Marino, Chris Carter, and the rest of ESPN telling us how they’re all back at their playing weight.

And yes, I’ve heard he’s a real dick.

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
tom63 wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
I was watching his NFL show the other day on HBO, and Cris Carter made a comment about that. He said ‘Dan will sell anything, he’s a spokesperson for anything. Heck, if he was the mayor of Miami, he would sell that too.’

Dan looked kinda shocked he said that, and had a nervous laugh, but the other guys were laughing pretty hard.

He should have stuck with Isotoner gloves.

Allegedly, Marino is a tool in public. a friend told me he was on a charter with him one time for some deep sea fishing and he was told he was never allowed back on that boat due to his pain in the ass demands and attitude towards the crew and everyone else.

I can believe that, seeing as how he can’t even maintain professionalism in a gravy ass gig like reading a cue card at Inside the NFL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXLsNLBuE6Y

I’d love to hear some details of that fishing boat incident.[/quote]

He told me the story years ago, but the jjist of it was he was rude to the crew and other passengers, he demanded that everyone help him first before all the other men, and so on. Celebrity tool ppushing his weight around.

Marino seems to be pulling down some serious bank…

Mufasa

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.