T Nation

Dan John Video

Ok, before someone tells me to use the search button, I have been for 20 minutes.

Fairly recently, someone posted a vidoe of a clinic Dan John did on squats, cleans, snatch, ect. It was awesome, but I didn’t save the link after I watched it. Can anyone help me out?

It was on google video, but no longer seems to be there. It was called the Video FitCast - Episode 6. I saved a copy, but I don’t think I can send it to you - it’s 373MB, which I am pretty sure is much bigger than my ISP will allow for an upload.

PS - found another link
http://thefitcast.com/?p=108

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6529481301858251744

They wrote on their site that the FitCast insider would always be free, but now you have to pay for the Dan John squat/olympic vid…
Business is business!

http://www.thefitcastinsider.com/store/?p=13

Neither of those links seem to be working, but maybe that’s because they’re charging for it now.

If anyone has a way to send it to me, I’d really apperciate it. Please PM me and we can figure something out. Thanks.

TheFitCast Insider free? Never has been and never was stated that it was to be free. TheFitCast’s podcasts, however, are free and has been stated that they would be free.

TheFitCast Insider download is a little over 500MB in mov format.

[quote]chubs108 wrote:
TheFitCast Insider free? Never has been and never was stated that it was to be free. TheFitCast’s podcasts, however, are free and has been stated that they would be free.

TheFitCast Insider download is a little over 500MB in mov format.[/quote]

Yeah, my bad. But the podcast episode 6 with Dan John is no more available for free, it has been removed from google vid although it was said the Fitcast’s podcasts would always be free… I know business is business…

Aside from the business ethics of telling people something will remain free and later charging for it, what’s amusing is that the co-founder of the FitCast is now being touted as an “expert.” As someone who has read his posts from jump and listened to a few of his “fitcasts,” I find this development incredibly amusing.

It’s also a reminder that just because someone is lauded as an “expert” by other “experts” on the Internet, doesn’t mean jack.

just wanted to brag a little and say i am in the background of that video. i’m one of the poor SOB’s who is tighter than a sheep shank trying to get into some of those squat positions without weight.

Seems like a good place to put this. I don’t have this yet, but apparantly Dan’s new DVD includes both previous DVDs as well.

This is definately my next purcahse. Any reviews?

http://www.davedraper.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DDI&Product_Code=VDJEO

Write-UP:[quote]
New from Dan John – 3 DVDs in One!

This dvd includes Dan’s new training material
Everything’s Over My Head
Plus his From the Ground Up and Carried Away dvds!

All new, the Over My Head collection rounds out what Dan considers his three-part mission to get athletes to drag stuff, pick stuff off the ground and carry stuff overhead.

Simple, right? And with Dan’s collection of insightful and unusual tips, it really can be simple.

For this new compilation price of $39.95, let Coach John teach you his one-of-a-kind techniques to blast your training to new levels.
You’ll get his new material, plus his two earlier dvds, all on new training dvd!

We all know Dan as the 'net’s go-to guy for straight-forward hardcore training techniques. Now let him teach and inspire you personally with his video training dvd.

The Everything’s Over My Head section
One of Dan’s primary concerns for his athletes is shoulder health, and in this dvd, Dan offers all his tips for strengthening the rotator cuff and supportive shoulder girdle muscles for ultimate shoulder protection. He’ll also show you his techniques for wrist
health and flexibility, and in addition to brute strength, he’s got a plan on how to make your training just plain fun!

You’ll learn:
Shoulder Raises and odd lockouts
1/2 Get-Ups
Pressouts
Military Press
Press Behind Neck, Bar and Kettlebell
Frog Stance & Push Work
Jerks, 2 styles
Combination Sets, 2 options
Wrist Stretches
Mixed Implement Training
Lift, Throws and Drags
Strongman Moves: Press Walks and Carry Walks

This is an outstanding new addition to Coach John’s video training!

The From the Ground Up section
Years of begging by enthusiastic online readers, athletes,
conference and clinic attendees at long last brings us
From the Ground Up,
Dan John’s 35-minute DVD that demonstrates his unique
Olympic lifting teaching style.

Learn the simple tips Dan uses to teach Olympic moves
to athletes young and old!

You’ll learn:
The top rules of weight lifting
Various squat drills
How to learn the squat
Goblet squats
Front and overhead squats
Warm up variations: dumbbells, pvc pipe and kettlebells
Cleans
Chain work
Power Snatch
Romanian deadlifts and variations
Coach Dan John’s personal teaching tips

The rumor is, Dan can have you cleaning and snatching
in 10 minutes – several years faster than most coaches can claim.
Worth testing his technique, isn’t it?

One customer wrote about this DVD:
The cost was well worth it for the simple, solid, understandable instruction.
Possibly not for the experienced folks, but for the novice who wants to
incorporate Olympic lifts into his or her workouts and wants a template to do them easily and effectively, spring for it!
This DVD is for you. Multiple viewing is recommended.

Let Dan get you start on your path to aggressive, successful lifting.

The Carried Away Section
Outdoor training, hauling, pushing and pulling –
Dan John is the guy who’ll inspire you to get
Carried Away!

This is a no-frills, no-nonsense demonstration and explanation
of the most effective hardcore exercise one guy can dream up.

You’ll learn:
Sled dragging and sprinting
Kettlebell carries
Farmer carry
Suitcase carry
Waiter carry
Rock carry
Crosswalk
Front squat
Back squat
Squat walk
Deadlift walk
Overhead press walk
Duffel bag work
Letvi Sleds

See examples of Dan’s favorite combinations and how to make the most of your implements.

Bonus material includes
3D Discus Throw
Stretches

The 35-minute Carried Away section will get you
started on your path to aggressive, hardcore training.

Says Dan, “One day you’ll thank me. Today is not that day.
And you know, tomorrow doesn’t look that good either.”

Dan’s Qualifications:

Holds the American Record in the Weight Pentathlon

Holds numerous National Championships in weightlifting and throwing

California and Utah State Champion: Discus, Hammer, Shot, Highland Games, Olympic Lifting

National Masters Champion: Discus and Olympic Lifting

Ranked as a Master Highland Games athlete

Also included on the dvd, two pdf ebooks:
From the Ground Up (the book) &
A Contrarian Approach to Discus Throwing

Note: This dvd adds to and replaces Dan’s two earlier dvd releases.

This one’s jam-packed with gems, each one enough to rev your training into overdrive. Don’t let Dan’s casual style fool you: What you’re getting from Dan is… brilliant.

Writes Byron Chandler, reviewing Dan’s dvd, "Dan’s currently using a modern, competitive style of pulling and lifting, so you may wind up picking and choosing what parts are for you.

The thing is, these differences are the fine points – learning how to pull weights off the ground and extend, getting the arms out of the pull, etc., are what you really need instruction to learn, and this DVD is the best thing available to people without a good instructor.

There are not that many people who will even attempt to teach the quick lifts, and fewer than half of them are actually qualified. Dan’s the real deal. [/quote]

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Seems like a good place to put this. I don’t have this yet, but apparantly Dan’s new DVD includes both previous DVDs as well.

This is definately my next purcahse. Any reviews?

http://www.davedraper.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DDI&Product_Code=VDJEO
[/quote]

I wrote something here (page 2):

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1568622

Someone gave me a link where I could d/l the video for free. My computer says it’s a .mp4 file (whatever that means), and I don’t seem to have a program that can view it. I know this isn’t a technical help hotline, so I don’t want to take too much of anyone’s time. What program(s) can read this type of file? I’d really like to get to where I can view this.

Just bumping this in a last hope that someone can help me.

[quote]BigAlSwede wrote:
Just bumping this in a last hope that someone can help me.[/quote]

mp4 is an mpeg4 movie file. My computer opens these with QuickTime Player.

[quote]BigAlSwede wrote:
Just bumping this in a last hope that someone can help me.[/quote]

http://thefitcast.com/?p=108

I just watched the video, it played fine for me (the Google video link). Look up Quicktime video and download the latest (free) player.

By the way, that is a totally awesome video. It bums me out to think about my lifting history… how much better could I have been, had I gotten proper coaching from someone like Dan John. I’m an old fart, you younger guys have the benefit of new technology (internet) to get the information, learn about seminars and so on.

Hey Guys,

The Video is still free on Google Video here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6529481301858251744&q=fitcast

Second, The FitCast Insider is a premium service, I never said that would be free. I said that the podcast that is on iTunes would always be free, as it still is.

Thanks for listening,
Kevin