T Nation

Dan Green Power Look?

the whole steroid thing doesn’t diminish his achievement. No one takes steroid then can deadlift 805. He walks around at 240 lean drop 40 lbs and he now weighs what crossfit champ Matt Chan weighs. I’d gladly take Green’s physique at 200 lbs natural. Hard work is hard work. Though I disagree with the use of performance enhancing drugs I admire hard work.

[quote]J. Prufrock wrote:
Does anyone know what his training looks like? I’m seriously impressed and would love to know the details.[/quote]

Check out the comments in this video, he describes his routine + assistance lifts.

[quote]Jamesliftsheavy wrote:
Dan Green is a known steroid user. It is the nature of the game if you want to be on top of a strength sport. I hope whoever reads this thread doesn’t put his physique or strength on a pedestal and think that they can hope to reach his levels (especially in strength). Furthermore his training is nothing revolutionary, although not much is any more since what works has stood the test of time and what doesn’t has been cast out…

Seriously I know that he doesn’t really train for body building but in terms of a steroid physique he is nothing special. If you look at the any one of the gazillion workout magazines you will find several people with much better physiques and power looks.

It’s so disheartening that this industry has people flock to these drug abusers as gurus for fitness advice and idols for the ideal physique when the usually know much less than a clean person who has achieved a high level natural physique or strength…
[/quote]

Never go full retard.

Dan Green is a known steroid user. It is the nature of the game if you want to be on top of a strength sport. I hope whoever reads this thread doesn’t put his physique or strength on a pedestal and think that they can hope to reach his levels (especially in strength). Furthermore his training is nothing revolutionary, although not much is any more since what works has stood the test of time and what doesn’t has been cast out…

Seriously I know that he doesn’t really train for body building but in terms of a steroid physique he is nothing special. If you look at the any one of the gazillion workout magazines you will find several people with much better physiques and power looks.

It’s so disheartening that this industry has people flock to these drug abusers as gurus for fitness advice and idols for the ideal physique when the usually know much less than a clean person who has achieved a high level natural physique or strength…

[/quote]

Yeah, everyone knows that if Dan Green was “juice free” he wouldn’t be the bad ass that he is today… I mean his genetics, self-discipline, will-power, training knowledge, dedication, determination, and years of hard work had absolutely nothing to do with his success and/or his physique. Get down off your high horse as you probably abuse prescription drugs and/or alcohol!

You honestly believe that nothing much is revolutionary in training? Where have you been living… under a rock?! If your statement was anywhere close to being true world records would be standing the test of time along with training methodologies.

Come on mate you really need to think long and hard before posting in the future…

I think Dan Green is part of the team over at JTS strength.com, and they have an awesome PLing sight with Lilly, and Lilliebridge. If you think steroids built Dan Green your an idiot spewing excuses. Dan has some of the worlds best genetics, togeather with a lifetime of insane workouts with spine crushing weights. WOW!

[/quote]

I agree with you james, and it a shame but thats just how it is, to get to the top you got to take drugs and if you achieve something great without them most people will claim you used. I find it hard to accept but i guess it not going to change in the near future. Dan green�´s seems like a really great guy with awesome strength and great body too and i respect his hard work and strength even tough i enjoy drugfree lifting the most

Thanks so much for the responses, guys. I’ll take a look at his videos. It is really depressing though to realize that I’ll never look like that without his “other training secret”.

Haha, you guys are funny, nobody can make it to the top in this world without cheating, ya not with that attitude. I know a guy named Ryan Lapadt, holds a handful of PLing world records never done any PED’s in his life, “I’d bet my life on it.” He doesn’t look like Dan Green but I’m positive if he put his mind to it he could. Excuses, and limitations are for the weak, that’s why so few are really strong.

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
Haha, you guys are funny, nobody can make it to the top in this world without cheating, ya not with that attitude. I know a guy named Ryan Lapadt, holds a handful of PLing world records never done any PED’s in his life, “I’d bet my life on it.” He doesn’t look like Dan Green but I’m positive if he put his mind to it he could. Excuses, and limitations are for the weak, that’s why so few are really strong. [/quote]

Well said.

Haha, you guys are funny, nobody can make it to the top in this world without cheating, ya not with that attitude. I know a guy named Ryan Lapadt, holds a handful of PLing world records never done any PED’s in his life, “I’d bet my life on it.” He doesn’t look like Dan Green but I’m positive if he put his mind to it he could. Excuses, and limitations are for the weak, that’s why so few are really strong. [/quote]

I love your attitude but call me weak or what you want but i just dont find it realistic to reach the top level for the majority of lifters without using stuff, the guy you know did a great job and i am not claiming he used anything but he must be genetically gifted cause in my opinion will power only takes you so far , personally my will for lifting big weights can never be expressed through my body cause it always ends up with the limitation of an injury cause my body is just to weak for my mind

…He doesn’t look like Dan Green but I’m positive if he put his mind to it he could… [/quote]

Nope, sorry… there is absolutely no way that even this amazing world record holder and powerlifter could possibly ever look like Dan Green without “assistance”. It is not realistic at all to think or say such a thing.

BTW: Ryan “Six-Pack” Lapadat’s 2008 National RAW Powerlifting Record for the Strict Curl of 65 kg in the Open 82.5 kg Class is one of the smoothest curls I have ever seen.

I have hit a brick wall at 62.5kg for the past year and at a slightly heavier weight… his 65kg curl looks ridiculously easy.

I only used Ryan as an example because I know him personaly, and know he’s natural, but if I know this one guy, than there is plenty more who have attained goals without PED’s. Ryan dosen’t have Dan Green genetics, who does, but what about someone like Skip Lacour, if you believe he’s natural. Point is limitaitions are dumb, and judging people is stupid.

I’m 40, and after a 80ft fall in 99 which crushed the left side of my body, and led to a pill adiction where I lost everything. I’m now back competing, and moving more weight than before my fall ( doc said I wouldn’t walk again) My sights are on a 2000lb total which is laughable, but I believe it, and thats what matters. Dan Green is a huge inspiration to me, a PLer who breaks records, and looks like a BBer. Awesome.

3 things:

1. You’re not going to lift/ look like Dan Green without PED’s. Anyone who believes that is an absolute dipshit in the first place.

2. Dan Green is phenomenal. He is a WORLD RECORD HOLDER. Anybody who wants to bash him for steroids should consider the fact that hundreds of thousands (maybe millions, hard to find a good stat on this) of people use steroids, and 99% of them can’t hold a candle to this guy. To dismiss this as “whatever, he’s juicing, that’s all it is” is foolhardy. Only people who lack better means to cope with their own inadequacies would say this.

3. Jamesliftsheavy: His physique is absolutely something special, steroid user or not. The fact that you’ve been inundated with pictures of bodybuilders doesn’t negate what he’s accomplished. His ‘physique’ can deadlift 800+ pounds. Not special? GTFO.

So, if I start taking drugs I will look and preform like Dan Green?

Where do I sign?

3 things:

1. You’re not going to lift/ look like Dan Green without PED’s. Anyone who believes that is an absolute dipshit in the first place.

2. Dan Green is phenomenal. He is a WORLD RECORD HOLDER. Anybody who wants to bash him for steroids should consider the fact that hundreds of thousands (maybe millions, hard to find a good stat on this) of people use steroids, and 99% of them can’t hold a candle to this guy. To dismiss this as “whatever, he’s juicing, that’s all it is” is foolhardy. Only people who lack better means to cope with their own inadequacies would say this.

3. Jamesliftsheavy: His physique is absolutely something special, steroid user or not. The fact that you’ve been inundated with pictures of bodybuilders doesn’t negate what he’s accomplished. His ‘physique’ can deadlift 800+ pounds. Not special? GTFO.

This is what I was trying to say–lol

[quote]Ricochet wrote:

…He doesn’t look like Dan Green but I’m positive if he put his mind to it he could… [/quote]

Nope, sorry… there is absolutely no way that even this amazing world record holder and powerlifter could possibly ever look like Dan Green without “assistance”. It is not realistic at all to think or say such a thing.

BTW: Ryan “Six-Pack” Lapadat’s 2008 National RAW Powerlifting Record for the Strict Curl of 65 kg in the Open 82.5 kg Class is one of the smoothest curls I have ever seen.

I have hit a brick wall at 62.5kg for the past year and at a slightly heavier weight… his 65kg curl looks ridiculously easy.[/quote]

Have no idea if this dude’s natural, nor do I care, but you can’t say you “know” anything. You “know” what he tells you. You used Skip LaCour as an example of natural. Guess you didn’t hear that he got busted for selling steroids huh? If someone is making money off of their body, you can bet they’re juicing. It’s really that simple.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Ricochet wrote:

I have hit a brick wall at 62.5kg for the past year and at a slightly heavier weight… his 65kg curl looks ridiculously easy.[/quote]

Have no idea if this dude’s natural, nor do I care, but you can’t say you “know” anything. You “know” what he tells you. You used Skip LaCour as an example of natural. Guess you didn’t hear that he got busted for selling steroids huh? If someone is making money off of their body, you can bet they’re juicing. It’s really that simple. [/quote]

I understand what you are saying and why you would say it, but, I don’t think we can throw out a blanket statement. I don’t necessarily care one way or the other either, unless they make claims that they are natural and always have been. And then get busted, doh :confused:

I understand that this may be the exception to the rule but isn’t Kelechi Opara natural? He makes money off his body. A body that would easily allow one to make an assumption of PED usage. I know we are getting off track here but I just wanted to put that out there.

[quote]Mateus wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Ricochet wrote:

Have no idea if this dude’s natural, nor do I care, but you can’t say you “know” anything. You “know” what he tells you. You used Skip LaCour as an example of natural. Guess you didn’t hear that he got busted for selling steroids huh? If someone is making money off of their body, you can bet they’re juicing. It’s really that simple. [/quote]

I understand what you are saying and why you would say it, but, I don’t think we can throw out a blanket statement. I don’t necessarily care one way or the other either, unless they make claims that they are natural and always have been. And then get busted, doh :confused:

I understand that this may be the exception to the rule but isn’t Kelechi Opara natural? He makes money off his body. A body that would easily allow one to make an assumption of PED usage. I know we are getting off track here but I just wanted to put that out there.

[/quote]

Got my own thoughts (and feedback having spoken to several “in” folks in fitness modelling) about supposed “all natural” fitness models (or anyone having to make MONEY off their physique) so I’m jaded. But do not want a firestorm (:

[quote]Mateus wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Ricochet wrote:

[/quote]

You will always be making a leap of faith when assuming someone who looks like that is natural. Doesn’t matter what he’s claimed, or how many drug tests he’s taken. It’s not even worth discussing at this point, as this has been re-hashed ad-nauseum in ‘the limits saga’, starring Prof X and Utah Lama.

This is the world we live in where bashing other people helps people feel better about themselves. I’ve acomplished so maney goals people said I couldn’t, and than when I got there, they had excuses why I acomplished these things. My buisness sucsess came from hard work, but I’ve heard things like drug dealing, family money, money laundering.(lol)

Physically I’ve done a couple meets, and I’m bigger than the average gym goer, when guys ask me how, and I say 20yrs of hard work, people laugh, and say more like an ass full of juice.(lol) I’ve learned to be happy about this, about living in a world full of excuse giving lemmings, makes it easy for a guy with a bit of drive like me to stand out, and get ahead. Anyone in this world thats acomplished anything above average knows what I’m talking about, because they’ve delt with negative people trying to pull them down.

CT put up an impressive pic of Dan Green, give me inspiration, somthing to strive for (even at 40) but the lemmings start spewing excuses. I’m done with this thread by the way, good luck to all