Dan Green Power Look?

Power look from a power lifter?

Is this a power look as well?

One more

damn those delts! im fully jelly brah

awesome power look !

If he had a shaved head, yes.

Seriously, one of the most amazing look out there.

It’s a new wave of powerlifters, great physique and superhuman strength.

@CT, when I switched to lower reps and more explosive movements based on your suggestions I found my muscle had a dense and harder look to it. Why does lower reps create a dense hard muscle look?

Thank you

OMG i would love to achieve that look.

Wow, it seems like the shift over the last few years away from geared PLing to raw, has brought forward these lean monster PL’ers, Although anyone that follows PLing knows that Green is a freak even by PLing standards, the way he trains , eats, looks, awesome. I wonder about his shoulder’s, do you think there’s any laterals involved, or just presses, and pulls, awesome freak !

Yes, you can see Dumbbell Lateral Raises in his training log. He is a big believer in rows (barbell/dumbell).

He is indeed a beast and the current Raw Total World Record Holder with 2030 lbs (belt and sleeves) in the 220 Class and a whooping 2171 lbs in the 242 Class!

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
@CT, when I switched to lower reps and more explosive movements based on your suggestions I found my muscle had a dense and harder look to it. Why does lower reps create a dense hard muscle look?

Thank you[/quote]

myofibrillar vs sarcoplasmic hypertrophy my friend… type it in on google there’s tons of info.

the guy has an amazing physique and has some pretty nice vids on youtube as well, in terms of little technical changes in the lift.

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:

Thank you[/quote]

1. Increase in myogenic tone (tonus… but myogenic tone sounds less foo-foo)… the more effective your nervous system is, the harder your muscles stay even at rest due to a state of partial activation

2. the fast-twitch muscle fibers tend to be more superficial (closer to the surface). When they are more developped they can give the muscle a harder, denser look.

Does anyone know what his training looks like? I’m seriously impressed and would love to know the details.

I understand that he was into gymnastics at one stage of his life and that probably helped his delts a lot–ring work, etc.

[quote]J. Prufrock wrote:
Does anyone know what his training looks like? I’m seriously impressed and would love to know the details.[/quote]

Check his youtube channel. I think he outlined his basic routine in the comments at some point. Nothing too exotic if I recall correctly.

However, I don’t know what you hope to glean from it. I mean we both know what contributed the most to his impressive “look”. Hint: It’s not some training secret.

Dan Green is a known steroid user. It is the nature of the game if you want to be on top of a strength sport. I hope whoever reads this thread doesn’t put his physique or strength on a pedestal and think that they can hope to reach his levels (especially in strength). Furthermore his training is nothing revolutionary, although not much is any more since what works has stood the test of time and what doesn’t has been cast out…

Seriously I know that he doesn’t really train for body building but in terms of a steroid physique he is nothing special. If you look at the any one of the gazillion workout magazines you will find several people with much better physiques and power looks.

It’s so disheartening that this industry has people flock to these drug abusers as gurus for fitness advice and idols for the ideal physique when the usually know much less than a clean person who has achieved a high level natural physique or strength…

[quote] Jamesliftsheavy wrote:
Dan Green is a known steroid user. It is the nature of the game if you want to be on top of a strength sport. I hope whoever reads this thread doesn’t put his physique or strength on a pedestal and think that they can hope to reach his levels (especially in strength). Furthermore his training is nothing revolutionary, although not much is any more since what works has stood the test of time and what doesn’t has been cast out…

Seriously I know that he doesn’t really train for body building but in terms of a steroid physique he is nothing special. If you look at the any one of the gazillion workout magazines you will find several people with much better physiques and power looks.

It’s so disheartening that this industry has people flock to these drug abusers as gurus for fitness advice and idols for the ideal physique when the usually know much less than a clean person who has achieved a high level natural physique or strength…
[/quote]

I love Mark Bell’s face in this video