Damn, CT, You’re Getting Bombarded With Questions

Enjoy multitasking. It’s about time management and iOS devices! Fun, fun.

1 Like

You know you just created one more topic that he will probably look into :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha, I have my Mac, iPad and iPhone all open right now…listening to a mix that I took the bass outta to re-record…sending my sis a text, and responding to you on ipad. I finished first breakfast, lifted, am drinking my post smoothie and about to make a loaf of sprouted bread and my hubbys lunch and dinner.

Nah I got @Chris_Colucci to edit me. So, beautiful. I have a light read for him :rofl: all in good fun.

I’m actually just doing my job making sure the forum is easily readable by having thread titles that reflect the thread topic, fixing Title Caps because that’s the house style, and, when necessary, either moving threads to more appropriate locations (different forum sections or relevant/already existing threads) or deleting them if they’re just unnecessary gibberish to avoid cluttering the forum with white noise.

1 Like

Np. You want it to be organized which is props to you. Just being cheeky! I know it takes lots of time and is appreciated :hugs:

I can’t multitask… I’m crying right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh noes! I’m doing laundry, dishes, on iPad surfing while bread is baking and making blueberry preserves. Probably explains all my typos :rofl:

It’s ok because it means you’re putting all your efforts into one thing :hugs:

I do’t have a choice. If I’m writing an article and my wife talks to me at the same time I can’t even understand the words she is saying. I know there is a sound to my left but I cannot understand it.

2 Likes

Started to write long post but you are busylol

Ah, you are a fish. That’s why I tell you I can’t be put in a box and labeled. Your fish/tree analogy is perfect for you, but (oh noes, I’m thinking) it implies that certain things are impossible for a person. I believe if you work hard you can learn anything. The demands of my life has caused me to be that way. I’ll give you a quick example I have taught myself to never feel hunger ever. Everyone had given up on me. However, I hit my rock bottom and I taught myself about nutrition and have “tricked” (this was my solution not drs)my mind into eating because I fix everything from scratch and, subconsciously, feel compelled to eat because of my efforts. I’ve gone from 83-128 without supps or hospital. I learned how to gain safely with nobody’s help because they’d basically sealed my coffin. I also have long qts so i can’t even take a decongestant and have to go into hospital if on antibiotics so I learned about holistics. I’m not even supposed to be able to exercise but I can. Why because I went from irrational to rational. What can I do…set goals and I do everything possible to obtain them. So, I juggle a gazillion hats I know you no time for details but always know that my mind and body are at war. I try to beat them both without meds even heart- Except alteril for sleep (holistic) and I am winning. My qtc was 570 and bpm 29. If I were a fish I’d be dead.

Edit My point is you can practice changing your mind through different ways…never give up and accept when you really want something, try as best as you can to achieve. If you still can’t focus on multiple things, it is what it is. I just think you are capable of more :hugs:

can You listen to music while doing other things and appreciate it?

Nope, impossible. In fact if I’m driving and I’m looking for an address I instinctively lower the volume of the radio. Can’t multitask

2 Likes

Wow, then ya are in a tough spot. How do you manage to get things done? You’ve accomplished so much.

Explains your interests in neurotypes

I have a team of 8 people working with me. So the only things I have to do is “perform”. Coach, write, give a presentation. And my schedule is planned by my team in such a way that on any given day I only have ONE “dominance”, one main thing to work on.

1 Like

I have always had the bar set way up high and luckily played sports in college and some semi pro. I can not imagine being on a bus and not focusing on watching film, listening to music and studying at same time. My life could’ve headed in a different direction. However, shit really hit the fan in my life. But now it’s all good. I know where my priorities are, and that’s at home. I trained my quads so intense and did like a gazillion other things like vacuuming stairs. But I was cleaning jacuzzi tub with bleach, my legs said, ummm, no. I fell in. It was hilarious. My athlete days are over. I am actually content. I am at a good place in life. I’m going to work out a program for me which includes sports, weights and track stuff or whatever I WANT to do. It’s cool, I’ve been given freedom.

On the topic of multi-tasking, it’s something I’m generally pretty good at. Carrying a conversation while driving, looking for an address, and listening to music, no problem. Meal prepping while sending work emails, scheduling my staff, and doing laundry, not an issue.

The one thing I can’t seem to do is talk on the phone and have someone else start talking to me though. The conversations essentially zero out and I feel like someone hits Pause on everything around me. Strangest feeling.

Yeah, it’s because you will be good at doing two DIFFERENT things at once. But doing twice the same task at the same time is something that very few people can do, even those who are great at multitasking

2 Likes

Makes total sense. Funny how one doesn’t typically consider the easiest answer when thinking about their own problem, but an outside view can lay it out so simply!