Dallas Sniper Attack

And all while our racist President embraces the militant black lives matter movement.

I wouldn’t use the r word, but there is a huge narrative issue here for your President.

Police officers are by definition the public face of the Law, the physical manifestation of government, however you may call it.

This is part of the sometimes unspoken social contract between members of a society, that the government’s repressive capabilities are channeled through the police force. For all their potential flaws - corruption, racism and what not, assauling the police IS assaulting the government.

This unspoken social contract (yes, even with criminals) enables one of the largest cities in Europe, London, to be policed with unarmed officers. The Brits know their stuff, they governed hundreds of millions of Indians with a handful of civil servants - symbols are important.

Now, your President if effectively making an effort to deligitimize the police force - by implying that both the protesters and the police are.responsible - the police cease to be THE symbol of the government and become a side in a conflict.

So your local police officer ceases to be THE repressive face of the government, injury to whom would result in unleashed fury of.the government, but an overweight guy who happens to have a.gun.

Once this psychological barrier is broken, when a branch of goverment disowns their repressive force even on miniscule details, this opens the floodgates, because the social contract ceases to be valid.

And the police in turn, having become a side in a conflict, have to reassert their authority through body armor, APCs and assault rifles, and not through the magic.of.the blue uniform and a commanding voice.

2 Likes

[quote=“loppar, post:84, topic:219283”]
I wouldn’t use the r word,[/quote]

I could write an essay to demonstrate how racist Obama is but the best way to show you would be for you to simply switch Obama from black to white and go back over the past 7 1/2 years. Then you’ll agree. Example, a white President bringing the KKK into the white house to negotiate with them because they are killing black Police Officers? Uh huh he’s racist.

That is what we would expect from a community organizing rabble rouser.

I agree with the rest of your post, very well said.

I really think he wants to federalize the police force in this country. If not outright, then by a set of federal mandates.

Yes, and it will be welcomed by many-just like the events of the 1860s “freed” so many by centralizing power.

Edit: this is in response to Alrightmiami

Whose fault is this?

And anyway, there are communities in which many guns are owned legally and practically no one is mowing one another down because of an insult, wearing different colors than the next guy, or over which town or high school one attends.

4 Likes

He’ll never pull it off in the time he has left in office. By the way he has exactly 185 days 15 hours and 16 minutes remaining in his Presidency as of the time of this post.

By the time you read this even less time!

We also had heroine, cocaine, and morphine as legal. The difference between then and now is that we didn’t have an insane society containing a sizable mass of constitutional losers, and we didn’t coddle criminals or dug addicts, or any other vice-laden defectives. We likely urged them to shape up or else. Being a violent basket case was not lauded as “cool” in our entertainment media, nor was being a drug addict. But now we have to “understand” what was going through criminals’ minds and instruct terrorists that “violence isn’t the answer”. We also have to “understand” drug addict and produce television shows about them. We also have to excuse criminal behavior because of
 just wait for my new favorite sorry excuse made by Marxists everywhere
 “lack of upbringing” and needing an “education”. As if one needs to be brought up in a specific way in order not murder and rape people or that they need an education that informs them not to do so. I don’t know about you people, but I already had a normal aversion to violence by the time I could understand anything, likely at the age of four or so.

And the whole poverty excuse is wearing thin too. As usual, I will use my dirt-poor grandparents as examples of people with hardly any education, with one of them, my grandfather, not having much of an upbringing at all, unless you consider working since age eight and having hardly any supervision by teachers or parents and a mentally ill, suicidally-ideating father much of an upbringing at all. His biggest offense was stealing food–you know, because he was hungry–not homicide. And he somehow, despite this crumby upbringing was intensely disciplined, had a business here, and had a severely dim view on drug use. Millions of other poor people, despite their crumby circumstances turned out similar. And the poor parents who raised these poor kids were not constantly demanding that the rest of society “go into their communities” to shape up their mess. They were poor people who helped their own out!

Every time one of these ridiculous events happen, hour after hour on the news we have commentators and news reports and community activists talking, “violence isn’t the answer!” This is asinine considering that terrorists and revolutionaries consider violence to be an answer, whether their aims are reasonable or not! And actually, in some revolutions, it was the way to get a group’s way. The whole premise of terror is antithetical to peace, and terror can’t be properly fought. Imagine telling Stalin or Castro, “Hey pal, you mustn’t do that. Put your guns down.”

And the talking heads also speak incessantly about uniting. Just who am I, like millions of other ordinary Americans, getting through my days working, doing errands, raising children (working on having children in there first place here), saving money, and spending time with and being accountable to my friends and family (which actually is community building) supposed to unite with?! I’m already doing my share, so when these commenters talk such nonsense, despite it being well-meaning, I actually get irritated. The same goes for when they speak about upbringing of others. If someone is not raised right, whose fault is it? Gee, the parents perhaps! And now because we have legions of degenerate parents in some communities, how the hell is this any of my or anyone else’s fault?! What’s the solution, have every middle-class family who on average is now being squeezed by way of tax payments to support their own families now adopt someone who lacks education or wasn’t raised right? You don’t raise a kid right or lack normal ties with neighbors, family, and friends, not my damn problem!

It might seem that I have run off tangent, but yesterday though I hardly watch TV, my wife had Fox News on for some time on and off yesterday because of what happened, and this is all the shit I heard about. Well, that and other stuff.

4 Likes

Do you believe that Obama is powerful enough to unilaterally, or unique among federal officials in wanting to, nationalize police forces in the U.S.?

No but he is able to push in that direction. He’s already come up with new federal mandates for PDs everywhere. He wants to basically extort them into new federalized training programs with federal money subsidies if they comply, and taking away subsidies if they don’t.

I don’t know that he can do it by Executive order, but he has already started that direction. Will he nationalize? No. But he will take the first steps on that road and others will follow, and without him dreaming this up nobody would be likely to take it on any time soon.

I don’t think Obama is dreaming up anything(he seems to have an IQ hovering around ambient temperature). I’m pretty sure that he’s not the first to provide subsidies to localities or states. I don’t believe he’s even close to the first to desire the nationalization of police forces. The nationalization of police forces has been coming for at least 150 years(and more likely since the Constitution of the U.S. was restyled to refer to “the People of the United States” instead of to “the people of the States of New Hampshire, Massachussetts, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations, Connecticut, New-York, New-Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North-Carolina, South-Carolina, and Georgia”).

Does Obama strike any of you as autistic and/or psychopathic?

Neither. He is an ideologue. So I would put his demeanor down to the ideas he holds, rather than any pathology.

EDIT: This is not to say that there is much daylight between ideology and pathology on occasion.

1 Like

Super stuff.

3 Likes

I do not recollect any other President with such a plan. I have no idea if Comey or the doofus who runs HLS is in favor of such a move. But it would take an act of Congress to get it done and he’s not getting that. The only other way would be Marshall law and I don’t see that happening either. As I said he has about 185 days left in office and it’s just not going to happen. He had longer than that to get a new Supreme Court Justice passed and he couldn’t get that done.

He’s a lame duck President and I couldn’t be happier about it.

That will all go by the wayside as long as we keep Hillary from the Presidency. Any executive order can be reversed as easily as it was written by a new President.

I have no idea but he does have issues when he speaks. The long pauses are beyond awkward. If GW Bush had spoken like that every comedian on late night would be having a field day with it. But of course Obama is a black liberal so that is just not going to happen.

So then
 You can’t actually defend them?

Posting his speech isn’t a defense. Pointing out the specifics might be, but copy/paste of a transcript doesnt’ help your cause.

narcissistic one, yes.

1 Like

Listen to Bush’s speech

What a difference:

2 Likes