Daisy Duke

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1109560230132.jessiedamn(big).jpg

Most people are pissed that this movie is even being made. Being a fan of the show myself when I was just a wee lad, I too feel this is another one of the oldies that probably should have just been left alone. I’m going to be honest, however…I’m going to see it. And no, not just to see Jessica Simpson. As juvenile and shallow as it probably makes me, I actually like Seann Scott and Johnny Knoxville and I’m curious to see how they pull it off.

I’d be lying if I said she didn’t play a factor, though…I present to you exhibit A :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure they pull it off through a mix of down home humour, and big ramp jumps with the General Lee.

Jessica is hot but she is no Daisy Duke. I will not be watching this one as hollywood always finds a way to ruin a classic. They should have just left this one alone. Just my opinion.

[quote]rich44 wrote:
Jessica is hot but she is no Daisy Duke. I will not be watching this one as hollywood always finds a way to ruin a classic. They should have just left this one alone. Just my opinion.[/quote]

Ditto.

Jessica Simpson = overhyped.

I would like to Alecia Keyes in some daisy dukes.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I would like to Alecia Keyes in some daisy dukes.[/quote]

That would make one hell of a Powerful Image (salivates…)

It’s a lot easier for hollywood to make a movie out of a t.v. show then it is to come up with an original idea. I wouldn’t be suprised to see knight rider or bj and the bear on the big screen soon.(Now there’s a concept I can’t get enough of, a man and his monkey) ;]

[/quote]

True, but still pretty damn hot. Impressive legs in the photos.

I too watched this show religously when I was young. I will not, however, watch this movie.

It will be “politically corrected” and I’ll be shocked if the new General Lee will have the Southern Cross on top.

Nothing is sacred. :frowning:

Dustin

well jessica is very tagable But she is no actor she’s not really even a talented singer. She can’t even pull off a beleivable infomercial have you ever caught the proactive commercials she comes off retarded if you’ve seen the commercial you know that it’s highly doubfull she could act in a full lengh movie.

[/quote]

Gotta agree here. She’s a product of relentless marketing- constant merchandising of her image in spite of her subpar talent. I thought she was overexposed long ago…

Shadow

[quote]GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
she’s not really even a talented singer. [/quote]

If you don’t think she’s talented, who do you think is? Jessica has a really strong voice and she can hit high notes like nothing.

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:
GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
she’s not really even a talented singer.

If you don’t think she’s talented, who do you think is? Jessica has a really strong voice and she can hit high notes like nothing.[/quote]

ALICIA KEYS!! Damn, boy, keep up.

I guess I’m the only one who enjoyed “With You”…

Alecia Keyes is too classy for that.

Ashlee’s music is better. Yeah. I went there.

HouseOfAtlas wrote:
GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
she’s not really even a talented singer.

If you don’t think she’s talented, who do you think is? Jessica has a really strong voice and she can hit high notes like nothing.

ALICIA KEYS!! Damn, boy, keep up.[/quote]

Yeah. She’s really good :slight_smile:

but, I’ve Jessica’s CD and all of her songs are really good.

Of course, just my opinion :slight_smile:

Nothing wrong with Ashlee. In some picturs, she looks HOT and some pictures, she’s not that hot.

[quote]dond1esel wrote:
Ashlee’s music is better. Yeah. I went there.[/quote]

LMAO!

Damn. Horrible! Ashlee’s gotta be one of the more worthless human beings on the planet.

As far as the movie goes, most likely won’t watch it either- was a huge fan of the Dukes back in the day, and feel its too much of a light-hearted, non-serious show that will be ruined by making a movie of it.

It probably will be made politically correct too. General Lee will prolly be a giant pink van with “Can’t We All Just Get Along” painted on it as it is chased by the cops at prudent speeds in the meadow or some crap. =P

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:

Yeah. She’s really good :slight_smile:

but, I’ve Jessica’s CD and all of her songs are really good.

Of course, just my opinion :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Ya, especially that song she ripped off from John Mellencamp…