Daily Tabata Thrusters?

I’ve been working on fat loss somewhat seriously for the past month or so, and excepting yesterday (empty carb bender), I’ve been adhering to my diet rather well. Progress is certainly rather slow, and the scale shows little difference from week to week. The last two weeks have left me at 143 pounds, and I seem to be losing weight much slower than in the past when I wasn’t eating nearly as cleanly as I am now. I lift three times per week, and plan to include some steady-state cardio. I was considering doing a set of tabata thrusters every day, using very light weight (8# dumbbells, yes, they’re pink) which I find is quite challenging, but was unsure if it would be wise to do so on a limited calorie diet (I eat 1600 calories per day). That would bring my weekly total to about four hours on weights, speculated half hour of steady state cardio, and twenty-eight minutes of tabata.

Obviously, I want to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss. Will this work? Should I up my calories? HIIT less often? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Do the thrusters but every day may be excessive. Take a day between in order to rest you central nervous system. You can do more than 1 tabata series in a workout. Say 4 minutes of thrusters, 4 minutes of burpies and 4 minutes of push ups. Total volume looks fine.

Stu

[quote]stuward wrote:
Do the thrusters but every day may be excessive. Take a day between in order to rest you central nervous system. You can do more than 1 tabata series in a workout. Say 4 minutes of thrusters, 4 minutes of burpies and 4 minutes of push ups. Total volume looks fine.

Stu[/quote]

Will do. Thanks.