Daily Caloric Usage

Hey everyone

I was wondering if there is a chart/website/obvious average that I don’t know yet telling me around how many calories a person uses a day.

I know the age, metabolism, activity etc…are all variables.

I just wanna be able to have a range to compare my caloric intake to.

I’m 23, work in an office and lift/run 3x a week and I’ve really been getting my diet in check over the last year and moreso this summer because I’ve been cutting down seriously this summer. (Most summers I ‘cut’ but this is how I should have the last few)

Thanks!

I don’t know of a chart, but here’s a website with a very good calculator for an estimate of how much one should consume.

sweet site.

Not sure if I did everything right, its hard to when they limit the protien intake to 20% and you have to keep the carb intake pretty high.

but it said i needed something rediculous like 4,000 calories.

wait, no way; i’m gonna redo it before i post this.

ok, i switched the hip/waist ratio.
now its saying 2840 cals with 850 from fat; not too bad. but the protien is still low @ 142. but i figure i’md 175lbs and wanna get 1.5-2/lb so that would bring me between 260-350 which i have been maintaining the last few months sans issue.

(sidenote: is anyone enough of a diet-dork to use excel like i have been? if so can ya send me what you have, my format is a little sloppy)

I’d suggest using a program like either FitDay or CalorieKing. CalorieKing has a lot of common foods in the database so you just search and enter the quantity, but FitDay tracks vitamin and mineral content as well as all the macros.

I think they both provide weight tracking and charts to show your progress and averages, very useful if you want to pursue something that highly monitored.

http://www.fitday.com/
http://www.calorieking.com/software/

right on, thanks alot. that will give me something to do tonight!

i’ll let ya know how it goes.

Eventually you oughta just be able to just take a pretty good guess at how many calories you’re consuming if you’re recorded them in a journal for a long period of time.

Yeah I’m pretty routine throughout the week at work with my food. I basically have two days, a chicken day and a steak day. I got both of them down in excel so its all about keeping myself routine.

Here are my two totals:

Day one: Cal [2916] Carb [96] Pro [317] Fat [140]
Day two: Cal [2616] Carb [149] Pro [ 330] Fat [85]

• All of the carbs are from apples/bananas/carrots/corn or spinach