Daiki Kodama lifts 257.5 (566.5)

http://www.powerlifting.pl/gal/06mswl/kodama_bp257_5.wmv

Insane little man! :smiley:

Not only did he bench it but it was easy!! How much does this guy weigh? I’m guessing 165 or 181.

If THAT’s not inspiring, I don’t know what is!

Uhm, isn’t anyone going to complain about his arch?

Haha

[quote]SprinterOne wrote:
Uhm, isn’t anyone going to complain about his arch?

Haha[/quote]

Yeah… I was gonna complain becausse I wish I had an arch like that!!

Fantastic lift.

That arch is ridiculous. I don’t like it. It’s like a bastardization of benching. But it is neat to see.

Was a correct lift, arch and all. Not like a double jointed back or something, a tight high arch and the lift was full of stability.

He competes in the 75kg class (165lbs)

He has lifted over 200 wilks points in bench alone… :slight_smile: Amazing fellow!

Let’s take off 50 lbs for the arch. Even still is f-ing unbelievable!

I was just making a joke in regards to the thread about Kara Bohigian’s bench. Everyone complained that her arch was huge and she barely moved the bar, yet this guy’s arch is equally huge. I am not against the arch at all, just thought it was funny one person’s arch got ridiculed while another’s got ignored.

I was just making a joke in regards to the thread about Kara Bohigian’s bench. Everyone complained that her arch was huge and she barely moved the bar, yet this guy’s arch is equally huge. I am not against the arch at all, just thought it was funny one person’s arch got ridiculed while another’s got ignored.[/quote]

It’s cos she has tits. :stuck_out_tongue:
I think Kara’s arch was probably a little more extreme. Plus Kodama kept his feet flat on the floor (but I guess it all depends on what fed you wanna lift in!). I was eqaully impressed with both.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

I think Kara’s arch was probably a little more extreme. Plus Kodama kept his feet flat on the floor (but I guess it all depends on what fed you wanna lift in!). I was eqaully impressed with both.[/quote]

Their arches look about the same to me and Kara has always benched completely flat footed.

http://media.putfile.com/Kara-407-Bench-at-148

http://irongame.com/videos/20060414/KaraBohigan2006March4thWPOFinalsArnoldClassic1825kg402lbBP675kg148lb3rdattempt.wmv

Fuck you arch nazis.

He’s even flatfooted, you don’t get to take a single pound off his bench “because of his arch.”

He’s stronger than you.

He’s got solid benching technique for powerlifting.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Fuck you arch nazis.

He’s even flatfooted, you don’t get to take a single pound off his bench “because of his arch.”

He’s stronger than you.

[/quote]

Too fucking right.

Great lift!

Did anyone get what weight class he’s in?

[quote]Limo Driver wrote:
That arch is ridiculous. I don’t like it. It’s like a bastardization of benching. But it is neat to see.[/quote]

I agree here. Powerlifting has gotten as ridiculous as bodybuilding. But that lil’ dude is strong as Hell, any way you cut it. Impressive.

He lifts in the 75kg - 165lbs division in IPF.

Well, I didn’t think Kara’s arse was on the bench (which I thought was a requirement). This guy’s arse might be on the bench. I watched the clip a few times, but I can’t make my mind up.

I, personally, did not make fun of Kara. I agree with the arch/equipment issues that are always brought up, but I also understand that powerlifting is what it is and you do what you have to do within the rules to make the lift.

I’m sure this little dude, without a shirt and using a flat back, could still outbench everyone on this site in his weight class.

I was just making a joke in regards to the thread about Kara Bohigian’s bench. Everyone complained that her arch was huge and she barely moved the bar, yet this guy’s arch is equally huge. I am not against the arch at all, just thought it was funny one person’s arch got ridiculed while another’s got ignored.[/quote]

Daiki Kodama’s PR without a shirt is somewhere between 190-200kgs (418-440lbs). Quite amazing when he weighs as little as he does… :slight_smile:

[quote]Miserere wrote:
Well, I didn’t think Kara’s arse was on the bench (which I thought was a requirement). This guy’s arse might be on the bench. I watched the clip a few times, but I can’t make my mind up.

[/quote]

her arse is off the bench?

http://media.putfile.com/Kara-407-Bench-at-148