Dad Bod

Interesting. I’m a 42 year old dad and this is exactly what I don’t want.

I think the reasons given in the article are very telling. “It doesn’t intimidate us” “We like being the pretty one”

In case you haven’t noticed lately, girls are all about that dad bod. I hadn’t heard about this body type until my roommate mentioned it. She used to be crazy over guys she claimed had the dad bod. After observing the guys she found attractive, I came to understand this body type well and was able to identify it. The dad bod is a nice balance between a beer gut and working out. The dad bod says, “I go to the gym occasionally, but I also drink heavily on the weekends and enjoy eating eight slices of pizza at a time.” It’s not an overweight guy, but it isn’t one with washboard abs, either.

The dad bod is a new trend and fraternity boys everywhere seem to be rejoicing. Turns out skipping the gym for a few brews last Thursday after class turned out to be in their favor. While we all love a sculpted guy, there is just something about the dad bod that makes boys seem more human, natural, and attractive. Here are a few reasons that girls are crazy about the dad bod:

It doesn’t intimidate us.
Few things are worse than taking a picture in a bathing suit, one being taking a picture in a bathing suit with a guy who is crazy fit. We don’t want a guy that makes us feel insecure about our body. We are insecure enough as it is. We don’t need a perfectly sculpted guy standing next to us to make us feel worse.

We like being the pretty one.
We love people saying “they look cute together.” But we still like being the center of attention. We want to look skinny and the bigger the guy, the smaller we feel and the better we look next to you in a picture.

Better cuddling.
No one wants to cuddle with a rock. Or Edward Cullen. The end.

Good eats.
The dad bod says he doesn’t meal prep every Sunday night so if you want to go to Taco Tuesday or $4 pitcher Wednesday, he’d be totally down. He’s not scared of a cheat meal because he eats just about anything and everything.

You know what you’re getting.
Girls tend to picture their future together with their guys early on. Therefore, if he already has the dad bod going on, we can get used to it before we date him, marry him, have three kids. We know what we are getting into when he’s got the same exact body type at the age of 22 that he’s going to have at 45.

So there you go. A simple break down of why girls everywhere are going nuts over this body type on males. We like it. We love it. We want some more of it. So here’s to you dad bods, keep it up. Men, confidently strut that gut on the beach because while you stare at us in our bikinis we will be staring just as hard.

There are women with body issues, and there are women with daddy issues. This woman just combines the two.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
There are women with body issues, and there are women with daddy issues. This woman just combines the two.[/quote]

Bravo. I could not put my finger on it, but there it is.

Pangloss, I know you’re new here, but there’s a lot of dads on this website, so if you’re going to post material like this, you should really include a trigger warning. Please be more considerate in the future.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
There are women with body issues, and there are women with daddy issues. This woman just combines the two.[/quote]

I picture her as one of those girls with sorta big tits but absolutely no ass that wears yoga pants all the time anyway

have you got a dad bod, Pangy?

here’s what I think:

[quote]
Few things are worse than taking a picture in a bathing suit, one being taking a picture in a bathing suit with a guy who is crazy fit. We don’t want a guy that makes us feel insecure about our body. We are insecure enough as it is. We don’t need a perfectly sculpted guy standing next to us to make us feel worse.[/quote]

this one is kinda true. My mrs uses it as inspiration, though. She doesn’t want to have a bad body next to mine when we go on holiday. I don’t know why she’s worried as she’s 1000 times hotter than I am, but whatever. Just girls, innit?

[quote]
We like being the pretty one.
We love people saying “they look cute together.” But we still like being the center of attention. We want to look skinny and the bigger the guy, the smaller we feel and the better we look next to you in a picture.[/quote]

Isn’t pretty more about the face? Dudes can have a rocking body and still be ugly. I’m not a bad looking dude, but no amount of working out is going to make my face any better, so a chick with a hot face is alway going to be hotter than me.

[quote]
Better cuddling.
No one wants to cuddle with a rock. Or Edward Cullen. The end.[/quote]

My mrs says she likes a big set of arms wrapped around her when cuddling. I dunno who the fuck she’s cuddling! I’m going to have to check the dudes at her works’ arms. Haha

[quote]
Good eats.
The dad bod says he doesn’t meal prep every Sunday night so if you want to go to Taco Tuesday or $4 pitcher Wednesday, he’d be totally down. He’s not scared of a cheat meal because he eats just about anything and everything.[/quote]

I ALWAYS schedule my cheat meals so the mrs and I can eat something gross together.

[quote]
You know what you’re getting.
Girls tend to picture their future together with their guys early on. Therefore, if he already has the dad bod going on, we can get used to it before we date him, marry him, have three kids. We know what we are getting into when he’s got the same exact body type at the age of 22 that he’s going to have at 45.[/quote]

pretty sure a dude can go from a bit fat to hyper-morbidly obese over the course of a lifetime.

Don’t believe it for one second. An awesome physique will always turn heads, male or female. Average ones are exactly that, and few will notice average.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
have you got a dad bod, Pangy?[/quote]

I don’t, I hope. Getting rid of that 15-20lbs hanging off my gut was the best thing I could have done.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

I don’t, I hope. Getting rid of that 15-20lbs hanging off my gut was the best thing I could have done.
[/quote]

Dad strength: awesome.
Dad bod: not so much.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

I would be surprised if a dude who took his health as seriously as you did

Dad jokes > dad bod.

Hey, Be_Sound…

Did you hear the one about the guy who invented LifeSavers?

They say he made a mint.

Why do chicken coops only have two doors? Because if they had four, they would be chicken sedans!

My Mrs has expressed to me on a few occasions that she prefers me when I carry a little more fat than when I am walking around at lowish bodyfat levels.

Now, some of it may have to do with points mentioned here (enjoys being able to eat out with me, insecurity issues, extra cuddly). Some of it may also have to do with the fact that she doesn’t have to deal with me having breakdowns at the grocery story in front of the pop-tarts.

Just more attempts by women to make being fat acceptable for them. Guys mostly dont care so long as theyere getting some, and shit like this just justifies being lazy (which laziness is the goal of the women here)

My girl says her ideal body type is vince vaughn. I wonder if she can see funny.

Keep the dad jokes coming.

two atoms are walking down the street. First says, “oh man, I think i lost an electron”. The second replies, “are you sure”. The first shoots back, “oh yeah, i’m positive”.

I seriously would rather be fat and permabulked with some muscle than have the dad bod. My friend and I have spoken about this physique long before I heard of the name for it this week.

It’s the strangest looking body out there, I believe. The thin, pipe-cleaner limbs, the atrophied ass resulting from sitting on one’s ass all day and from which stretch Levi’s sag, the 42-plus inch, rock solid beer gut, the concave chest–it’s just a terrible, weak, incapable look.

1 Like

he’s got the same exact body type at the age of 22 that he’s going to have at 45.

[/quote]

HahhaaHA,

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
I seriously would rather be fat and permabulked with some muscle than have the dad bod. My friend and I have spoken about this physique long before I heard of the name for it this week.

It’s the strangest looking body out there, I believe. The thin, pipe-cleaner limbs, the atrophied ass resulting from sitting on one’s ass all day and from which stretch Levi’s sag, the 42-plus inch, rock solid beer gut, the concave chest–it’s just a terrible, weak, incapable look. [/quote]

Man, i couldn’t agree more… and my wife would agree as well.
Nearly all our peers and friends’ husbands have builds like that.