DAA Ball Tingle

Does anyone else get a little ball tingle when they take DAA? I also get the improved erections when cycling it, but the tingle is noticeable almost immediately.

@Moribund D-Asparic Acid right?

Hmm I definitely don’t get that “ball tingle” you mentioned. How much are you taking each day?

Maybe it’s not a tingle, but ‘fullness’. Hard to characterize, but definitely happens. Could be placebo.

More likely it’s gonorrhea.

From an article that I can’t link here:

Evidence is mounting that D-Aspartic Acid supplementation does not raise bodybuilders’ testosterone levels. Researchers at the University of Western Sydney have confirmed that the eccentric amino acid doesn’t live up to expectations. In the human study they published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition high doses of D-Aspartic Acid actually lowered the testosterone level.

D-Aspartic Acid Study

The Australians did an experiment with 24 young men aged between 18 and 36. The men had all been doing weight training for at least 2 years and could lift more than their own bodyweight on the bench presses.

The researchers divided their subjects into three groups of eight men. One group took a placebo for two weeks, the second group took 3 g D-Aspartic Acid daily and the third group took 6 g D-Aspartic Acid every day. [The structural formula of D-Aspartic Acid is shown above.] The subjects took the supplements with breakfast.

Results
The 3-g dose of D-Aspartic Acid had no effect on the subjects’ testosterone level the researchers discovered. The 6-g dose did have an effect, but not what you’d expect: the supplement lowered the subjects’ testosterone level.

It turns out all the studies are all over the place–forse che sì forse che no.

I just know it works for me. DAA is non-essential, so in a healthy young man it is no doubt available in abundance, hence the conclusion of the Sydney study that it does nothing to enhance T. However, in the studies that looked beyond what I call the ‘Curse of Psychology Research’; i.e., the fact that almost all of psychology is based on studies done with 20-something university students, the results are different and show that DAA enhances T. Sports medicine suffers from the same curse.

As you age T production decreases, witness all the Boomers convincing their physicians to put them on TRT, so DAA production could be compromised and supplementation now becomes effective.

There are two ways to look at it: 1) you are following the natural way and won’t take steroids, yet you long for a natural boost and this won’t do it if you are young and healthy (unless you have some genetic flaw in the DAA pathway) or 2) you are aging and DAA supplementation fills the gap.

This still doesn’t answer the original question :wink:

Bumping a very old thread here: I experience this with DAA. Sometimes.

I experienced the same during puberty too (13-14); the DAA tingle is not as strong, but is similar. During puberty I felt like my testicles were getting some sort of internal massage: felt very nice, but odd.

I never found out (brief research) what causes this.

1 Like

Frankly, I have yet to see a DAA study using old men with age related T deficit. Not enough interest I guess, or hard to find subjects. No matter, works for me and I find the tingle energizing.

Last I heard there were studies that found it can cause a small but brief increase in T production and then a drop after. I once ordered some supplements and they accidentally sent me DAA, I put it straight in the trash.

To each their own.

My experience with DAA was initially mixed (seemed to work, then stop working), and I stopped using it for a long time (this was like 2011 when it was pretty new).

Years later, I wasn’t comfortable being put on Testosterone and was considering my options. I did some more reading, and decided: You have to use DAA for short periods, then “cycle off” once your body is adapting or “down regulating” whatever occurs with DAA. That’s probably a good “rule of thumb”, but it likely varies by individual and the optimal cycle duration has yet to be properly studied [from what I know].

I don’t know if I can post the link due to their being a competitor, but Muscle & Strength has a good (albeit anecdotal) article on DAA usage. They recommend 2-3 weeks on, 1-2 weeks off. I think that (or even 1 week on, 1 week off) is a reasonable protocol, depending on how quickly you stop seeing benefits. I don’t know if I can run that in perpetuity, I’ll stop if the DAA stops working or I notice something peculiar on the off-week(s).

(if you stay “on” too long) You’ll know when you stop seeing the benefits, because DAA actually works well enough that you can feel it working. You should also be able to see the results in the gym too. If you know the ‘symptoms’ of higher testosterone / something that stimulates your testes, you’ll know when that goes away for you.

research in resistance-trained men demonstrated no changes, and reductions in testosterone levels.

Maybe the tingle is your balls shrivelling up.

Right - I think in that study they were using too much (6g/day), and/or running it for too long (30 days is a long cycle - 6-12 weeks is way too long) regardless of dosage. At least from my experience that is too long: I am not running DAA longer than 2 weeks, and may even go shorter if necessary. But others may find they can do longer runs.

The studies on DAA are all over the place, and that one points to DAA not working. I think if the study did the measurements (etc.) at day 3-10 or something, the study may have been different.

In that study, the PLOS-ONE, I reiterate my point:

“Randomised, double-blind, placebo controlled trial in healthy resistance-trained men, aged 18–36
”

My son is 27 and my daughter is 40 this year. Needless to say, any results of that study having any relevance to me (67) is questionable.

Let’s talk about ‘healthy, resistance-trained men, aged 56-78’–ha, nobody talks about them because we are so few in number.

If eating and sleeping well, minimizing stress, and training doesn’t increase your testosterone sufficiently then you should probably just look into TRT rather than use supplements that might work a little bit or might do nothing or might lower your T levels instead. Stuff like DAA is a waste of time.

I am a fan of ‘evidence-based medicine’ and by that, in the supplement world, I mean that if I use a supplement I expect to see results. If I don’t in three days, I consider it useless. TRT is a colossal mistake unless you have some sort of testicular damage or genetic malformation. The nice thing about DAA is that it gives an immediate response if it is working. If it doesn’t work, don’t bother. I also think that DAA has to be cycled–you can only push the boys so far.

I think you should try it before talking trash about it ! DAA, tribulus and all those thing increase natural testosterone, it dont make yourself produce more testosterone than your body can handle like testosterone injection or things like that 

I think I’m doing just fine without it, thanks.

Placebo effect is a real thing

You cant talk about a product if you never try it

But there is research that shows it lowers T levels, why would I want to try that? Do I need to smoke crack before I can decide that it’s not a good idea too?

Because i just cycle 4x12 days with it and i can tell you that its a good product and it never lower my t levels

Did you get blood work done to confirm that?