D1 Footballers Average Stats

[quote]McKenna wrote:
intenseone wrote:
McKenna wrote:
Sorry dude etablished pros don’t go to combines.

They weren’t there to see if they can drafted, they were there to test themselves, it was college combine at Cerritos College. I attended with my athlete!

If you say so but most pros don’t go to the local small school to work out. Let alone Super Bowl winners. What would there reason be to test out. Are you sure it was a combine, and not an open work out? Cerritos College doesn’t host any NFL combines that I am aware of.[/quote]

It was a college combine!

[quote]Stan Smith wrote:
der Koning wrote:
BALBOS wrote:

Rather I’ll celebrate a European discovering REAL football. I’ve wonder why more Eastern European/Slavic types aren’t more into football.

It’s probably because they, like the rest of the world find it boring and expensive. To think that there is a ball sport out there where some players could go their entire career without ever touching it.

Most people want to play a sport where there is little bench time. People also like a sport that flows and is less robotic. Baskeball, soccer, and etc allow for players to think for themselves and break out.

I like the sport but I think that is why it will never be popular anywhere other than in the States and Canada.

Don’t tell me they love it in Europe because I have lived there and I never heard it mentioned.
[/quote]

I love football, but sadly I cannot refute your argument.

[quote]McKenna wrote:
I played college ball and most of the test out freaks were average players at best. I played with four pros during my years. Chris Cooper, Martay Jenkins, Chris Bober, and Buck Rasmussen. While they were all strong and obviously talented they weren’t the strongest on the team by far. It is a lateral game so you need the whole package. It’s not all in the weight room.

I was a Strong Safety converted from HS Tailback my stats were:

6" 2 225
bench- 335-350
squat- 570-600
hang clean- 290-320
40- 4.62 electronic
vert- 37.5[/quote]

My God! What were the stats of linemen then?

Coming out of D-1A my numbers were:

Inside Linebacker

6 feet .05 inches tall / 233 pounds (Bodyfat around 8.5%)

All Lifts = No Gear

Bench Max = 415
225 Reps = 27
Squat Max = 645
Power Clean = 374 / Clean = 418
Power Snatch = 275 / Snatch = 330
Seated Military Press = 335
40 = 4.81
Vertical Jump = 35.5
Standing Broad Jump = 11 feet 5 inches

Now! I got to the NFL and hung around for a few years, never making an active roster. I practiced and worked out as part of a few teams. Loved every minute of it. But I’ll tell you this. I was considered a weight-room animal, especially in the olympic movements. Guys would work out with me and ask me about what I do, etc.

I cleaned 200 kg. my second year with a certain NFL team (right before my outright release!) and no one could remember anyone else doing that.

The other linebackers were no where close to me in terms of strength in - really - any lift. AHHHHHHHHHH! But the starters? I was not in their league, man. Not close. These guys had a football strength and speed that, fankly, I could not imagine. I was in awe of what I saw those guys do every day.

I remember one INTENSE workout with an all-pro inside linebacker, one everyone on here knows. Probably be in the HOF one day. He loved working out with me because I killed him. This is the day I cleaned the 200 kg. and then squatted, with no equipment, 275 kg. (olympic style) with a pause in the rock bottom position. Good stuff.

This guy cleaned 155 kg. with GREAT EFFORT and then back squatted, with sloppy style and nowhere near olympic style (but still to parallel) around 240 kg. He had no ego about it. Got pumped up for me and for the lifts that HE made that day. We went out to dinner afterwards.

See…for these guys, working out is what you do to play. PLAYING is what matters. Not the weight on the bar or what weight room records you hold. PLAYING is what matters. Making plays. Guys who make plays are the shit. Not the guys who lift a lot with low bodyfat.

Tell you a guy who you’d be surprised what he doesn’t lift. Ray Lewis. He’s strong by most standards, yeah. But he’s not the beast of any NFL weightroom. But, he’s a fucking beast on the field, man. You only have to be so strong, you know. Anything else will help you on 2% of plays. The other 98% you just have to be big and strong enough. And fast. Ray Lewis is fucking fast on the football field. And he doesn’t give a shit how fast he is off it.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:

Inside Linebacker

All Lifts = No Gear

Bench Max = 415
225 Reps = 27
Squat Max = 645
40 = 4.81
Vertical Jump = 35.5

Now! I got to the NFL and hung around for a few years, never making an active roster. I practiced and worked out as part of a few teams. Loved every minute of it. But I’ll tell you this. I was considered a weight-room animal, especially in the olympic movements. Guys would work out with me and ask me about what I do, etc.

I cleaned 200 kg. my second year with a certain NFL team (right before my outright release!) and no one could remember anyone else doing that.

The other linebackers were no where close to me in terms of strength in - really - any lift. AHHHHHHHHHH! But the starters? I was not in their league, man. Not close. These guys had a football strength and speed that, fankly, I could not imagine. I was in awe of what I saw those guys do every day.

I remember one INTENSE workout with an all-pro inside linebacker, one everyone on here knows. Probably be in the HOF one day. He loved working out with me because I killed him. This is the day I cleaned the 200 kg. and then squatted, with no equipment, 275 kg. (olympic style) with a pause in the rock bottom position. Good stuff.

This guy cleaned 155 kg. with GREAT EFFORT and then back squatted, with sloppy style and nowhere near olympic style (but still to parallel) around 240 kg. He had no ego about it. Got pumped up for me and for the lifts that HE made that day. We went out to dinner afterwards.

See…for these guys, working out is what you do to play. PLAYING is what matters. Not the weight on the bar or what weight room records you hold. PLAYING is what matters. Making plays. Guys who make plays are the shit. Not the guys who lift a lot with low bodyfat.

Tell you a guy who you’d be surprised what he doesn’t lift. Ray Lewis. He’s strong by most standards, yeah. But he’s not the beast of any NFL weightroom. But, he’s a fucking beast on the field, man. You only have to be so strong, you know. Anything else will help you on 2% of plays. The other 98% you just have to be big and strong enough. And fast. Ray Lewis is fucking fast on the football field. And he doesn’t give a shit how fast he is off it.

[/quote]

Thanks for your post!
You were a true animal!If I could ever achieve half of these stats it would be awesome!
Hack Wilson,you rule!

strenght stat correlatento the field to a exstint*. go watch a college football work on the inside drill then another time go to a workout of theres. (if u have chance to)u will be surprised.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:

Inside Linebacker

All Lifts = No Gear

Bench Max = 415
225 Reps = 27
Squat Max = 645
40 = 4.81
Vertical Jump = 35.5

[/quote]

Best. Post. Too many guys like to compare their numbers to other top athletes, thinking, “Yeah, I so could’ve been in the NFL if I knew then what I know now about lifting!”

Guys do this a lot with MMA, too. “I’m way stronger than Fedor. A year of BJJ and I’ll be the champ!”