T Nation

D1 Footballers Average Stats

Can anyone post stats of average college D1 football player-exact height,weight,bf percentage,vertical jump,40 yards,power clean,squat,bench,etc.
i have checked some sites,but numbers vary.
thanks in advance!
stay strong!

www.criticalbench.com/sportstraining.htm

The numbers wouldn’t mean much considering you’d be mixing receivers and defensive backs with tackles and punters. Is there a specific reason you want to know?

Not to be a prick,…but this is the 3rd thread you’ve posted like this. What are your stats? Why are you so concerned with wrestlers, FB players and Sambo fighters?

[quote]BALBOS wrote:
Can anyone post stats of average college D1 football player-exact height,weight,bf percentage,vertical jump,40 yards,power clean,squat,bench,etc.
i have checked some sites,but numbers vary.
thanks in advance!
stay strong! [/quote]

Not nearly as good as you’d think…

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
Not to be a prick,…but this is the 3rd thread you’ve posted like this. What are your stats? Why are you so concerned with wrestlers, FB players and Sambo fighters?[/quote]

this forum is called STRENGTH SPORTS.this stats are proportional to performance.you can always learn something from that.

my stats-
im a 28year old boxer-boxed for last 4 years
5-11 tall and 195 lbs. 18% bf
vert.jump=28-30 inches
squat=350lb. deadlift=410 lb. bench=220lb. power clean=210 lb. chins=10 reps with bw 2 mile run=14 min.15 sec.

this is what i have found.
age=20
height=6-1
weight=233 lb.
body-fat=12%
vert.jump=31 inch
40 yards=?
power clean=285 lb.
squat=460 lb.
bench=330 lb.

footballers are fast,powerfull and strong.i dont want to dilute these general stats with stats for different positions.i dont know nearly as much about football as you guys because i live in croatia/eastern europe.football is great sport.when i watched superbowl i wondered about these mighty beasts.
any more hate?!

[quote]BALBOS wrote:
this stats are proportional to performance.you can always learn something from that.

[/quote]

you need to learn that stats are just stats and often have very little to do with the abilities of a player

[quote]BALBOS wrote:
footballers are fast,powerfull and strong.i dont want to dilute these general stats with stats for different positions.i dont know nearly as much about football as you guys because i live in croatia/eastern europe.football is great sport.when i watched superbowl i wondered about these mighty beasts.
any more hate?![/quote]

No hate here. Rather I’ll celebrate a European discovering REAL football. I’ve wonder why more Eastern European/Slavic types aren’t more into football.

If you are new to football you should be aware that positions matter, because there is a WIDE variation between them. As an examle the average Lineman might be 300 pounds where the average Wide receiver might be 190.

[quote]JNeves wrote:
BALBOS wrote:
this stats are proportional to performance.you can always learn something from that.

you need to learn that stats are just stats and often have very little to do with the abilities of a player[/quote]

Only when all things are equal my friend…Numbers don’t lie

Here are my stats:

Max Bench—555lbs(with gear)

Max Squat—595/bs(no gear)

Max DL------625lbs(no gear)

Max Clean—315lbs

Reps 225lbs—25 (at the end of my bench workout)

Body Weight 202lbs (give or take)

40 yard dash—4.8

…I am 42 years old. Can I play in the NFL? “No way, no never, no how”. In other words, what do stats mean?

I was also interested in how I compared to college football atheletes. Any idea where the stats on criticalbench.com came from?

-MAtt

Not hating on you…just wondering why you want to compare yourself to others so much. If that’s your thing, there is a book out called something like “World’s Strength and Power Ratings”…you can buy it at Ironmind. The book compares stats and lifts from different sports, etc.

Where are you from?

[quote]der Koning wrote:
BALBOS wrote:

Rather I’ll celebrate a European discovering REAL football. I’ve wonder why more Eastern European/Slavic types aren’t more into football.

[/quote]

It’s probably because they, like the rest of the world find it boring and expensive. To think that there is a ball sport out there where some players could go their entire career without ever touching it.

Most people want to play a sport where there is little bench time. People also like a sport that flows and is less robotic. Baskeball, soccer, and etc allow for players to think for themselves and break out.

I like the sport but I think that is why it will never be popular anywhere other than in the States and Canada.

Don’t tell me they love it in Europe because I have lived there and I never heard it mentioned.

[quote]BALBOS wrote:
this is what i have found.
age=20
height=6-1
weight=233 lb.
body-fat=12%
vert.jump=31 inch
40 yards=?
power clean=285 lb.
squat=460 lb.
bench=330 lb.

footballers are fast,powerfull and strong.i dont want to dilute these general stats with stats for different positions.i dont know nearly as much about football as you guys because i live in croatia/eastern europe.football is great sport.when i watched superbowl i wondered about these mighty beasts.
any more hate?![/quote]

There is no testing for Squats and cleans. For a good comparison I have an athlete who just completed college combine with about 500 invites about 30% were NFL vets and quite a few with Superbowl rings, he placed 7th in the 40 (4.54) beating current NFL players. His stats are as follows:

Position: Strong safty

Ht: 6’1
Wt: 217lbs
225 bench test: 17 reps
40: 4.54
Vertical: 38in
Shuttle: 3.8 sec
Long jump: Not sure

I played college ball and most of the test out freaks were average players at best. I played with four pros during my years. Chris Cooper, Martay Jenkins, Chris Bober, and Buck Rasmussen. While they were all strong and obviously talented they weren’t the strongest on the team by far. It is a lateral game so you need the whole package. It’s not all in the weight room.

I was a Strong Safety converted from HS Tailback my stats were:

6" 2 225
bench- 335-350
squat- 570-600
hang clean- 290-320
40- 4.62 electronic
vert- 37.5

Sorry dude etablished pros don’t go to combines.

[quote]McKenna wrote:
I played college ball and most of the test out freaks were average players at best. I played with four pros during my years. Chris Cooper, Martay Jenkins, Chris Bober, and Buck Rasmussen. While they were all strong and obviously talented they weren’t the strongest on the team by far. It is a lateral game so you need the whole package. It’s not all in the weight room.

I was a Strong Safety converted from HS Tailback my stats were:

6" 2 225
bench- 335-350
squat- 570-600
hang clean- 290-320
40- 4.62 electronic
vert- 37.5[/quote]

All the lift numbers are projected max as we never did one rep maxes so the actual numbers may be lower.

[quote]McKenna wrote:
Sorry dude etablished pros don’t go to combines.[/quote]

They weren’t there to see if they can drafted, they were there to test themselves, it was college combine at Cerritos College. I attended with my athlete!

[quote]intenseone wrote:
McKenna wrote:
Sorry dude etablished pros don’t go to combines.

They weren’t there to see if they can drafted, they were there to test themselves, it was college combine at Cerritos College. I attended with my athlete!
[/quote]

If you say so but most pros don’t go to the local small school to work out. Let alone Super Bowl winners. What would there reason be to test out. Are you sure it was a combine, and not an open work out? Cerritos College doesn’t host any NFL combines that I am aware of.