D.E. Every Day?

Hi everybody.

I’ve been looking for small things I could do every day to further my strength gains and keep me active. I do some sets up pullups, grip work, streching session, etc.

What I was now wondering about was doing a d.e. exercise every day. Just the exercise itself, for 6 -8 sets of 3.

It doesen’t seem like it would be too demanding on the cns (at least not at my age) and it wouldn’t be physically too demanding.

Not to mention that thibedau’s tip of
“get frequent for function”

Could this work? Anybody have other ideas for mini workouts I could do in conjunction with westside?

[quote]Naphta wrote:
Hi everybody.

I’ve been looking for small things I could do every day to further my strength gains and keep me active. I do some sets up pullups, grip work, streching session, etc.

What I was now wondering about was doing a d.e. exercise every day. Just the exercise itself, for 6 -8 sets of 3.

It doesen’t seem like it would be too demanding on the cns (at least not at my age) and it wouldn’t be physically too demanding.

Not to mention that thibedau’s tip of
“get frequent for function”

Could this work? Anybody have other ideas for mini workouts I could do in conjunction with westside?[/quote]

If you can do it everyday you’re not using enough weight.

And the get frequent for function was talking about loads 80% and up, because things 80%-120% use the specific motor pattern you’d use on max effort attempts.

Thib meant to use 80%ish often for less sets each time.

why would you wanna do DE everyday?

Dynamic effort work is taxing on the CNS if done right. Remember the whole point of the DE days is to apply maximal force to sub maximal loads, the key there being MAXIMAL FORCE. Also many people find dynamic effort training taxing on the joints so I bet if you didnt do in your CNS you would be killing your joints.

I suppose this means that my d.e. is not being done right. I thought I was, but I’ll have to re-evaluate how I do it.

Thanks for pointing that out.