T Nation

D-Bol Pyramid: Lipid/Liver

For those that have done ph/ps and actual steriods. I am thinking about starting a dianabol pyramid cycle of 5/10/15/10/5 . 4-5 weeks, starting off at 5, graduating to 15, and declining back to 5. The only thing that I am hesitant about is the fact that my lipids are suspect. Triglycerides are high as well.

I have done a few prohormones in the past, and haven’t had the greatest musclebuilding experience from them, but I also didn’t get any sides as well. I have never used steroids, and I will not unless I can be convinced that they are no harder on lipid and liver values than prohormones. If Dianabol is not for me, then help me decide on one.

Thanks!

Sorry to put it this way but if you don’t know enough about steroids to make the decision, you’re obviously not ready to do them.

Furthermore, 5-15mgs of D-Bol is too low of a dose to have any effect.

WOW!
The judge say’s grow some ball’s,read up on d-ball for a year or so,then maybe you’ll be able to make up that b-s mind of your’s.
Really man just spend the money on some whey protein and call it a day.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well, it’s hard to say. My family history of cholesterol is kind of unknown. No one family member has ever suffered from cholesterol issues. BTW, I have 2 family members that have taken steroids. Both are roughly my age (34). One took 15mg of Dianabol and had excellent mass gains from them. The other took Depot Testosterone (1 cycle) and had much better results, although had increased blood pressure. I seem to think that the cousin that took the dianabol had the result that I was looking for, whereas the other who took the testosterone grew way too much mass in a short period of time (for my liking anyway).

Both, however, did not suffer any lipid alterations (at least to the point of medical detrement). I want to take a steroid that is strong such as Dianabol, but for a brief period of time, as I do not want to severly alter lipid values. I just had lab work done this morning and hope to be able to post results by Wednesday. Thanks for any help.

Hey JudgeRoyBean, I spend more than enough money already on whey protein. Protein also doesn’t really increase testosterone levels in the blood, if that were the case, then I’d stock up on more than I already take, and not risk the legal repurcussions. I also do not see the need in taking in any more than 150 percent of bodyweight on them, as the rest will be excreted and not used.

Maybe more protein for someone like you would be beneficial because of the high levels of testosterone, which I don’t have. Sorry if I led you to believe that I was already in the process of taking them. I currently just take about 200g of protein a day.

Okay,on areal note you should be taking between 20-50mgs of d-bol a day.
Run this with another compound such as test,eq,or some deca for about 3month’s.

The d-bol you run for four to six week’s i myself am running 40mgs a day for a 25 day kickstart.

While i wait for my test cyp to kick in.

Anyway if you ron a d-bol only you’ll probably loose all your gain’s when you stop.

But really you have a lot of studying to do before you are ready.
Remember d-bol is a c17aa steroid which make’s it toxic to the liver.
judge

Judge, I am more worried about my lipid profile. I know there is a toxicity risk with the Dianabol, but I really don’t view it to be any worse than kids that do drugs, and or excessive alcohol–although I may be mistaken. I do not have the best hdl/ldl numbers that someone could have.I don’t mind altering those numbers a little, I just do not want to deplete my good cholesterol to the point of risking heart failure. A short cycle of Dianabol might not be that bad on lipids, but if they are, set me straight now!!!

Thanks!!

What exactly are you looking to do? Do you want to just make some mediocre gains or some serious quality gains that you will keep afterwards? If you are so worried about your lipids from the Dbol then go with an injectable such as Test E which does not strain the liver.

Jbowling, please disregard judge-dumbroybean, he is not capable of handing out sound advice. 15 mgs of dianabol is purportedly something like what arnold would have used (amazing effort and genetics too on his part), and is supposedly a dose to effectively replace a normal mans testosterone. to use Dianabol longer than 6 weeks is not wise, testosterone is good, but, listen to bushidobadboy.

Bushy, if you can man, pm me, I know you have a friend in a legal situation because of steroids…

Well, I am not as concerned about toxicity to the liver as much as I am about lipid/cholesterol values being altered. My triglycerides were 113 which is normal (100-140) is normal range. My HDL’s were 25 (30-40) is the normal range. My LDL’s were normal. It is the “good cholesterol” that is low in my body, and that is really what concerns me in regards to taking Dianabol.

Yes, I am looking to bulk up my frame a little more as I am a thin 5"11 225lb’der. I have no objections to taking other forms of steroids/testosterones if it has a lesser effect on my lipid values, it is just that the 2 people I know that have taken Dianabol have had the results I would like to achieve, but I have to take the one that is best in regards to not offsetting cholesterol levels.

‘a thin 225lber?’ how are you thin?

Just trying to help there meathead don’t get your paintie’s in a wod.

Ahh, pyramiding.

Perhaps the third least intelligent thing on Earth, next to bobsledding and the French.

[quote]Jbowling wrote:
Hey JudgeRoyBean, I spend more than enough money already on whey protein. Protein also doesn’t really increase testosterone levels in the blood, if that were the case, then I’d stock up on more than I already take, and not risk the legal repurcussions. I also do not see the need in taking in any more than 150 percent of bodyweight on them, as the rest will be excreted and not used.

Maybe more protein for someone like you would be beneficial because of the high levels of testosterone, which I don’t have. Sorry if I led you to believe that I was already in the process of taking them. I currently just take about 200g of protein a day.[/quote]

Well… for years i took 1g per lb of bodyweight etc… I used about 3-4 scoops plus meat, fish whatever… results? meh… not bad…

Then i got my protein bulk purchase, 10lbs a month whey. I use shit loads of the shit, around 100 - 150g a day just supplemented, plus the foods i eat, chicken daily and all that crap. (i weigh 180lbs, 5’ 8" - not massive)

Well once i started doing that, i really noticed a good growth spurt and that is what finally made me look like a (small!) bodybuilder in clothes.

I think people underestimate protein consumption. Plus, my natural Test levels are pretty shite, i will admit. At least on the lower end of acceptable due to AAS…

Joe

I have no clue how my frame can hold 225 pounds and still look thin as I do, but that is the case. My waist is 34’ length is 32’. I wear xl t-shirts, but could fit in a large if I wanted my appearel to look real snug. But when I play b-ball, I usually stick around the paint, and bigger people always tell me I am too thin to play center, but I manage to do good at it.

I think I look thin, but when I play contact sports, it always surprises people that I am tougher than I look. Maybe my frame looks thin, but my body is real dense. That’s the only way I can explain it. I figure a good bulker “Dianabol” would allow me to pack on another 20 pounds.

[quote]Jbowling wrote:
I have no clue how my frame can hold 225 pounds and still look thin as I do, but that is the case. My waist is 34’ length is 32’. I wear xl t-shirts, but could fit in a large if I wanted my appearel to look real snug. But when I play b-ball, I usually stick around the paint, and bigger people always tell me I am too thin to play center, but I manage to do good at it.

I think I look thin, but when I play contact sports, it always surprises people that I am tougher than I look. Maybe my frame looks thin, but my body is real dense. That’s the only way I can explain it. I figure a good bulker “Dianabol” would allow me to pack on another 20 pounds.[/quote]

I liked dbol on its own, i got great results (which i rapidly lost quickly afterwards mind you…) at 30mg a day for 6 weeks. I was 19 and skinny and stoopid, but it does work and if used correctly with a good PCT then i’m sure it could work better for you.

Or maybe test cyp/enan at 250mg a week or 5 days, for 8-10 weeks. that is good and not too crazy either.

Joe

I appreciate it Joe!

[quote]Joe Brook wrote:
Jbowling wrote:
I have no clue how my frame can hold 225 pounds and still look thin as I do, but that is the case. My waist is 34’ length is 32’. I wear xl t-shirts, but could fit in a large if I wanted my appearel to look real snug. But when I play b-ball, I usually stick around the paint, and bigger people always tell me I am too thin to play center, but I manage to do good at it.

I think I look thin, but when I play contact sports, it always surprises people that I am tougher than I look. Maybe my frame looks thin, but my body is real dense. That’s the only way I can explain it. I figure a good bulker “Dianabol” would allow me to pack on another 20 pounds.

I liked dbol on its own, i got great results (which i rapidly lost quickly afterwards mind you…) at 30mg a day for 6 weeks. I was 19 and skinny and stoopid, but it does work and if used correctly with a good PCT then i’m sure it could work better for you.

Or maybe test cyp/enan at 250mg a week or 5 days, for 8-10 weeks. that is good and not too crazy either.

Joe[/quote]

You lost it because the extent of Dianabol’s abilities are limited to strong androgenic properties, but poor anabolic properties. Meaning it’s more suited for fast, temporary strength/weight gain as opposed to gradual, more permanent muscle-mass growth.

As far as your second “cycle” suggestions, it’s neither “good” nor “too crazy.” It’s poor, at best. I would double that figure. I don’t understand where people get the idea that they should be half-assing their first cycles with vaguely effective dosages.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Joe Brook wrote:
Jbowling wrote:
I have no clue how my frame can hold 225 pounds and still look thin as I do, but that is the case. My waist is 34’ length is 32’. I wear xl t-shirts, but could fit in a large if I wanted my appearel to look real snug. But when I play b-ball, I usually stick around the paint, and bigger people always tell me I am too thin to play center, but I manage to do good at it.

I think I look thin, but when I play contact sports, it always surprises people that I am tougher than I look. Maybe my frame looks thin, but my body is real dense. That’s the only way I can explain it. I figure a good bulker “Dianabol” would allow me to pack on another 20 pounds.

I liked dbol on its own, i got great results (which i rapidly lost quickly afterwards mind you…) at 30mg a day for 6 weeks. I was 19 and skinny and stoopid, but it does work and if used correctly with a good PCT then i’m sure it could work better for you.

Or maybe test cyp/enan at 250mg a week or 5 days, for 8-10 weeks. that is good and not too crazy either.

Joe

You lost it because the extent of Dianabol’s abilities are limited to strong androgenic properties, but poor anabolic properties. Meaning it’s more suited for fast, temporary strength/weight gain as opposed to gradual, more permanent muscle-mass growth.

As far as your second “cycle” suggestions, it’s neither “good” nor “too crazy.” It’s poor, at best. I would double that figure. I don’t understand where people get the idea that they should be half-assing their first cycles with vaguely effective dosages.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know where it all went wrong all those years ago mate…ahem.

I get the idea that the first cycle should be mild simply because for me, personally, i want to test a drug before having a larger dose of it. Especially with a drug such as Testosterone whose side effects are dose dependant.
Maybe this guy wants to take 500mgs a week, but due to the fact he was going to take 15mgs of dianabol, i doubt that.

Joe