T Nation

D-Bol Only Cycles

these seem very common amongst steroid newbies (such as myself) but lots of people call them useless and say you wont keep you gains.

What are your opinions on dbol only cycles?

I would be curious about running dbol alongside some proviron to minimise bloat/sides. Any input?

Do a search please. You are about the 4,500th person in the history of T-Nation to ask about a dbol cycle. You have ~10 years worth of opinions waiting for you.

And benmoore why would someone choose proviron instead of an AI and how would either addition make not a shit cycle?

Sources stocks are limited - I was under the impression proviron acts as an AI? I thought that adding an AI or AI like substance would reduce the bloat/estrogen related sides associated with dbol.

Dbol is cheap, seems to act rapidly and promotes a feeling of well-being from what I have heard (I fully admit I have no experience here)… Just trying to understand why it cannot be run with some care… and also I am just curious!

EDIT: The few reviews of dbol/proviron cycles I have come across have been only possitive.

If you really want to use an oral only cycle, go with an Sdrol clone. Seriously, Dbol is going to inflate you like a balloon for a short period of time, and then you will deflate. Getting rid of all/most of the estrogen will yield shit results.

How many of the positive dbol/proviron cycles have talked about where they are 4-6 weeks after/during pct? Everyone is going to feel awesome on cycle. Like I said, temporary gains from dbol, that’s about it.

[quote]TheBigV wrote:
If you really want to use an oral only cycle, go with an Sdrol clone. Seriously, Dbol is going to inflate you like a balloon for a short period of time, and then you will deflate. Getting rid of all/most of the estrogen will yield shit results.

How many of the positive dbol/proviron cycles have talked about where they are 4-6 weeks after/during pct? Everyone is going to feel awesome on cycle. Like I said, temporary gains from dbol, that’s about it.[/quote]

Yeah i already have some m-drol which im running for my first cycle as soon as i have a 4 week window i can dedicate to it. Im just asking this as i will probably end up doing more cycles in the future and i want to be confident in my knowledge when i do.

A dbol only cycle is extremely convenient and easy to do, although i expect my next cycle will contain an injectable form of test. Im 100% sure i will be ok with jabbing myself its just that i know theres a possibiliy of hitting a vein and really screwing yourself over, and its not as if you can have a practice go!

So with dbol is there any actual lean, contractile tissue gain at a dose of 30-40mg ED?

[quote]benmoore wrote:
So with dbol is there any actual lean, contractile tissue gain at a dose of 30-40mg ED?[/quote]

general consensus seems to be that you get all the side effects of a cycle with minimal benefits…

[quote]benmoore wrote:
So with dbol is there any actual lean, contractile tissue gain at a dose of 30-40mg ED?[/quote]

Of course. If you run an 8 week cycle at 50mg/d it wouldnt be crazy to net 5lbs of muscle. But at the peak of the cycle the weight gained may be as much as 20 pounds. If that sort of thing interests you, than go for it.

[quote]PhilD wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

general consensus seems to be that you get all the side effects of a cycle with minimal benefits…[/quote]

Whose consensus is that? Why would side effects manifest in a properly run cycle? Explain what you mean by ‘side effects’.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

Of course. If you run an 8 week cycle at 50mg/d it wouldnt be crazy to net 5lbs of muscle. But at the peak of the cycle the weight gained may be as much as 20 pounds. If that sort of thing interests you, than go for it. [/quote]

Yah, if you have the mentality to gain 20 lbs. and then lose 15 of it and not psyche yourself out, maybe this is for you OP. If not… stick to the pins

I thought the bulk of the weight gain popped up as a result of aromatization (and increased glycogen retention?) - hence mentioning the addition of an AI earlier to reduce bloating… is this completely wrong?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Ben, you are on the right track, but no healthy amount of AI will stop the water weight gain from Dbol alone.
It’s really not a pretty look bud, very stay puff marshmallow man looking. Then to go fromm that to almost nothing just isn’t worth the risk, when you could add Test to it and gain more Lean Mass, and the synergy between the two causes less bloat (don’t know why) and you will keep more of the gains.

I think everyone’s take on this is that doing a cycle is risky, and orals deliver a hepatoxic beat down, meaning your liver suffers. So if you are going to risk it and do a cycle, doing one of such little reward isn’t smart. I don’t know the science of why, but stand alone Dbol cycles are just proven to be meek results at best. Some even gain too much water weight and hold onto the extra weight. Why Bother?

I would just like to say thank you really to everyone who posted above for actually taking the time to explain in some detail why this is a bad idea instead of simply flaming the crap out of me.

The low cost and low time for it to kick in is what made this an appealing concept. Never mind - lesson learnt!

On the subject of orals - Oral Turinabol… worthwhile as a stand alone? AI worthwhile? How in gods name do you actually get some… only place I have found it online is one of those major flashy websites which don’t appear so trustworthy…

If you run dbol at 30-40mg for 8 weeks, and you’re eating right and training hard… You will gain some actual muscle.

And personally I don’t bloat much from dbol so you might not. You will be stronger, you’ll recover faster, you’ll feel good during cycle, probably with few sides or at the very least very tolerable sides for the duration of your cycle at that dosage.

You will lose some water (and strenght) during pct, but you should be at a higher level than before the cycle. I would keep nolva and and AI on hand, but would not use it from the get-go, only if you start developing gyno or bloat badly.

Tbol is also good for a stand-alone oral cycle, and it doesn’t aromatize either.

You’re not gonna get the gains of Ã¥ full on test + tren cycle of course, but then again I guess you wouldn’t expect that.

I did a few oral only cycles before I started stabbing myself, and I did keep most of my gains from these cycles. Water weight shouldn’t be counted as gains of course. I prefer anadrol to dbol though.

[quote]balisong wrote:
If you run dbol at 30-40mg for 8 weeks, and you’re eating right and training hard… You will gain some actual muscle.

And personally I don’t bloat much from dbol so you might not. You will be stronger, you’ll recover faster, you’ll feel good during cycle, probably with few sides or at the very least very tolerable sides for the duration of your cycle at that dosage.

You will lose some water (and strenght) during pct, but you should be at a higher level than before the cycle. I would keep nolva and and AI on hand, but would not use it from the get-go, only if you start developing gyno or bloat badly.

Tbol is also good for a stand-alone oral cycle, and it doesn’t aromatize either.

You’re not gonna get the gains of Ã?Â¥ full on test + tren cycle of course, but then again I guess you wouldn’t expect that.

I did a few oral only cycles before I started stabbing myself, and I did keep most of my gains from these cycles. Water weight shouldn’t be counted as gains of course. I prefer anadrol to dbol though.

[/quote]

Now theres a spanner in the works - and a typical example of one of the posts promoting dbol solo runs.

As for tbol - is it tough to get hold of half decent gear?

I think you have to look at the whole picture. The question is why would you choose an oral only cycle? Whay would you wan to do an Dbol only cycle as apposed to a Test E cycle?

Well it seems pretty obvious, it’s only newbies that decide to do this, so is it a fear of needles, a lack of research, naivety? Well it seems so.

Why come on to such a great site like this and ask for advise and then not take it? There is a lot of very knowledgable guys here, listen to them.