T Nation

D-Bol By Itself?

Beginner to AAS, just wondering how DBOL would work on its own?

I’m not much of a needle guy.

8 weeks of dbol alone at 25mgs/day?

I know DBOL is mainly used to
At the start of a cycle to “Kick Start” gains &
As a “Bridge” between cycles, to maintain gains.

Does anyone know how it works out on its own? and how well?
Thanks

you will see quick strength and size gains, the majority of the size gain being water. after cessation of the cycle you will lose all of your gains and only of accomplished stressing your liver

Dezz

I’m just parroting what I’ve read because I would never do a dbol only cycle, but some say it’s good some say it’s bad. 8 weeks seems excessive because it is so liver toxic. If you use a proper PCT maybe you’ll keep some of your gains.

thanks guys

[quote]youngbuck18 wrote:
Beginner to AAS, just wondering how DBOL would work on its own?

I’m not much of a needle guy.

8 weeks of dbol alone at 25mgs/day?

I know DBOL is mainly used to
At the start of a cycle to “Kick Start” gains &
As a “Bridge” between cycles, to maintain gains.

Does anyone know how it works out on its own? and how well?
Thanks[/quote]

i think Mick Hart suggests using D-bol and Winny V almost exclusively. of course, what you have there is two combined, both for seperate effects…

i dunno. i’ve never done d-bol only, but as long as estrogen is kept in check while on and PCT is good, theoretically it should work okay.

Methandrostenolone is ALL I use. Then again I don’t form my entire routine around steroids. I look at them as more of a supplement. I say becuz alot of lifters build they’re entire routine around drugs.

I don’t agree w/ the “after the cycle U will lose 100% of ur gains” BS. Of course a significant portion of the weight IS water. But it certainly isn’t 100%. But then I use a tiny amt compared to 25mg per day. Remember Dr Zeigler recommended 10-15 mg per day. Look up Bill March. He was like 5’9 of so and 240lbs. He says he only used 15mg per day.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05275/581242.stm

Agreed on the first part. I find that I have no more size/strenght loss after a short dbol run than I do after a long test run. However, I feel that 50-100 mg/day is much better dose than 10-15 mg/day.

[quote]Garage Squatter wrote:

I don’t agree w/ the “after the cycle U will lose 100% of ur gains” BS. Of course a significant portion of the weight IS water. But it certainly isn’t 100%. But then I use a tiny amt compared to 25mg per day. Remember Dr Zeigler recommended 10-15 mg per day. Look up Bill March. He was like 5’9 of so and 240lbs. He says he only used 15mg per day. [/quote]

That may be true but we all know more is always better, right :wink:

When it comes to mature asian women YES!

When it comes to steroids…def NO. I like my prostrate just the size it is, my liver functioning better than a life-long chronic alcoholic, my jewels cancer-free, and my LDL level below 300. :slight_smile:

TO EACH HIS OWN!

or T mag user acctts., specially when ur former username raises the wrong workplace eyebrows:)

[quote]Pinto wrote:
I feel that 50-100 mg/day is much better dose than 10-15 mg/day. [quote]

Jeez!!! I get a migraine just thinking about 100mg per freakin day! Ouch!!!

That is suicidal bro.

50-60 mg ED, with low dose a-dex (0.25 mg ED or EOD) would work just fine.

keeping the cycle length to 3 weeks on, and doing a few in a row (3 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off, 3 on 6 off) would allow decent gains to be made and kept…and recovery would be relatively easy with just standard SERM protocols.

not ideal. not for everyone. but, can work for some peoples goals/needs.

I know, “to each his own and blah blah blah…” But I’ll come right out and say it, DBOL is dirty-ass motherfuckin shit. It’s nasty and anything that makes you feel that bad MUST be bad for you.

Look for something like primo or anavar if you must do an all-oral cycle. Anavar is the sweetest oral ever, no side effects and you feel like million bucks the whole time. I also think it’s great for putting on quality size.

[quote]juice20jd wrote:
50-60 mg ED, with low dose a-dex (0.25 mg ED or EOD) would work just fine.

keeping the cycle length to 3 weeks on, and doing a few in a row (3 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off, 3 on 6 off) would allow decent gains to be made and kept…and recovery would be relatively easy with just standard SERM protocols.

not ideal. not for everyone. but, can work for some peoples goals/needs.[/quote]

Excellent post.
My experience with just this protocol a few years ago did just fine. Gained AND maintained even after off for long periods of time.

[quote]Diana Bolann wrote:
I know, “to each his own and blah blah blah…” But I’ll come right out and say it, DBOL is dirty-ass motherfuckin shit. It’s nasty and anything that makes you feel that bad MUST be bad for you.

Look for something like primo or anavar if you must do an all-oral cycle. Anavar is the sweetest oral ever, no side effects and you feel like million bucks the whole time. I also think it’s great for putting on quality size. [/quote]

I think people’s pysiologies differ so much that one person’s bad experience with one steroid is anothers gift of the gods.

Dbol for me is the snizzle. With an AI that is. It was better than any anavar cycle I’ve ever tried. Now, maybe my anavar dosages were too low to experience the euphoria you get from it.

Primo to me is the grandest of all steroids. Primo + Dbol + AI is my ultimate however.

Ive done d-bol only cycles as suggested by Mick Hart. Worked fine for me and kept about 75% of the gains. you got to keep the protien intake high through pct though.

Methandrostenolone was first invented in 1956 by Dr. John Ziegler, in an effort to produce an oral version of testosterone that could be used by American athletes. To do this, he and other athletes from the United States National Weightlifting Team worked with Scientists from the Ciba Pharmaceutical company, in a collaborative effort.

To this day, Dianabol remains the steroid ever produced by such an effort- Dianabol was truly made by athletes for athletes. Other steroids produced for athletes have been one sided affairs, produced by guys in white lab coats who have never seen the inside of a gym- and even worse, most of those steroids were made with the focus on being undetectable, not on producing maximum results. When Dianabol was first created, the sole focus was on maximum results- that’s it.

[quote]Diana Bolann wrote:

Look for something like primo or anavar if you must do an all-oral cycle. Anavar is the sweetest oral ever, no side effects and you feel like million bucks the whole time. I also think it’s great for putting on quality size. [/quote]

…and Ana Vurr produces the same amt of results Methandro does right??? That’s why women use it. Bcuz it is barely anabolic. Pro-hormones produce more results.

WRONG.

I think the main reason people don’t see quality gains with dbol only is because they are not getting the calories for growth. I personally don’t see anything wrong with a six week dbol only cycle, if the proper training intensity, calories and rest are done properly.

If a trainee was to train with intensity and focus, with caloric surplus and rest, he should easily make good keepable gains on dbol. They wouldn’t keep all 20 pounds of water, but they would get some gains.

Personally, test is the basis of all my cycles, I won’t cycle without test.

For a novice cycle D-bol only is fine. 50-100 mg/day is excessive IMO for an advanced user let alone a beginner though. Don’t get too comfortable with orals only either as they can be a nasty two headed beast.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.